Page 259 of 263

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 am
by calpolisci2016
baseballfan660 wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Waitlisted (JS1 in late Jan). I'm so surprised because I thought when I got the email just now, it'd be part of the rejection wave.

I shouldn't even be here with my numbers, and I'm gonna be happy to ride this until the day before finals week of the first semester. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

you can get off a waitlist right before finals start ?


I'm not sure. I was being hyperbolic to show my commitment. I've only heard of people getting off WL by orientation day at the latest, but I could be wrong on this.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 am
by theothercat
Just declined the waitlist offer. Good luck y'all!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:01 am
by VapidP
calpolisci2016 wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Waitlisted (JS1 in late Jan). I'm so surprised because I thought when I got the email just now, it'd be part of the rejection wave.

I shouldn't even be here with my numbers, and I'm gonna be happy to ride this until the day before finals week of the first semester. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

you can get off a waitlist right before finals start ?


I'm not sure. I was being hyperbolic to show my commitment. I've only heard of people getting off WL by orientation day at the latest, but I could be wrong on this.


I know someone who got in the day before classes started

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am
by Rigo
VapidP wrote:I know someone who got in the day before classes started

Oh shit.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:35 am
by eck456
Rigo wrote:
VapidP wrote:I know someone who got in the day before classes started

Oh shit.


I know someone who got in the week AFTER their classes started at columbia

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 am
by xandra_v
Anxious-Undergrad wrote:
eck456 wrote:
Nacho_Verde wrote:So what's the most likely outcome for those of us with a JS1 but no WL/Ding yet?


am I the only JS none with no response at all? club of one? bueller?


In the same position. JSNone. I have not been Rejected nor Waitlisted. I applied in September.

Tomorrow is my Alamo!


Same here

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:43 am
by Nacho_Verde
xandra_v wrote:
Anxious-Undergrad wrote:
eck456 wrote:
Nacho_Verde wrote:oh


am I the only JS none with no response at all? club of one? bueller?


In the same position. JSNone. I have not been Rejected nor Waitlisted. I applied in September.

Tomorrow is my Alamo!


Same here


oh

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:45 am
by eck456
xandra_v wrote:
Anxious-Undergrad wrote:
eck456 wrote:
Nacho_Verde wrote:So what's the most likely outcome for those of us with a JS1 but no WL/Ding yet?


am I the only JS none with no response at all? club of one? bueller?


In the same position. JSNone. I have not been Rejected nor Waitlisted. I applied in September.

Tomorrow is my Alamo!


Same here


Hey friends :)

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 am
by half moon
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:48 am
by VA2lawschool
Nacho_Verde wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
Anxious-Undergrad wrote:
eck456 wrote:
Nacho_Verde wrote:So what's the most likely outcome for those of us with a JS1 but no WL/Ding yet?


am I the only JS none with no response at all? club of one? bueller?


In the same position. JSNone. I have not been Rejected nor Waitlisted. I applied in September.

Tomorrow is my Alamo!


Same here


Yes yes yes, JSnone. But what about us JS1's with no decision.


Same thing. You're probably bound for the second WL wave.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:51 am
by Nacho_Verde
VA2lawschool wrote:Same thing. You're probably bound for the second WL wave.


Ugh, I really wanted that keychain.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 am
by SilverSurfer2020
JSNone waitlist, I'll probably ride it out

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 am
by ad34964n
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:JSNone waitlist, I'll probably ride it out

Hoping to join you. Did you just find out?

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 am
by seeprybyrun
theothercat wrote:Just declined the waitlist offer. Good luck y'all!


Nos morituri te salutamus!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 am
by VapidP
VapidP wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Waitlisted (JS1 in late Jan). I'm so surprised because I thought when I got the email just now, it'd be part of the rejection wave.

I shouldn't even be here with my numbers, and I'm gonna be happy to ride this until the day before finals week of the first semester. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

you can get off a waitlist right before finals start ?


I'm not sure. I was being hyperbolic to show my commitment. I've only heard of people getting off WL by orientation day at the latest, but I could be wrong on this.


I know someone who got in the day before classes started


That makes sense. Columbia starts way earlier than Harvard.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 am
by SilverSurfer2020
ad34964n wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:JSNone waitlist, I'll probably ride it out

Hoping to join you. Did you just find out?


No I found out last night and didn't post...sorry for any confusion and good luck!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:15 am
by curry1
Any other JS1s yet to receive a decision? Really confused as to what's going on.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:19 am
by CPA-->JD
curry1 wrote:Any other JS1s yet to receive a decision? Really confused as to what's going on.

Maybe they are seeing how many people withdrew from the waitlisted? Or maybe there are a handful more calls to be made!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm
by ad34964n
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:JSNone waitlist, I'll probably ride it out

Hoping to join you. Did you just find out?


No I found out last night and didn't post...sorry for any confusion and good luck!

You too!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 pm
by EMPS2020
JS1 end of January, waitlisted last night via email to check status checker around 7:15PM -- after I thought I was in the clear. Happy I'm on the waitlist but Harvard is definitely my first choice so still a little disappointed. Stats are both between 25% and median. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear and everyone on the waitlist. Congrats to those accepted, you earned it!

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:44 pm
by bulldog5
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:JSNone waitlist, I'll probably ride it out

Hoping to join you. Did you just find out?


No I found out last night and didn't post...sorry for any confusion and good luck!

I am another JSNone who got waitlisted last night! Will probably put down a seat deposit at another school but stay on the waitlist.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:46 pm
by AllHailKingMao
12.45 EST and no word from HLS yet.... still waiting. 5 business hours left.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:14 pm
by seeprybyrun
AllHailKingMao wrote:12.45 EST and no word from HLS yet.... still waiting. 5 business hours left.


The wave of dings didn't happen until 3:45 EDT.

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:49 pm
by votebuilder1
Checking in. Waitlisted yesterday. JSNone.

JS's are required for admission, yes? Anyone know when waitlisters start getting JS requests?

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:54 pm
by seeprybyrun
votebuilder1 wrote:Checking in. Waitlisted yesterday. JSNone.

JS's are required for admission, yes? Anyone know when waitlisters start getting JS requests?


Yes. Probably starting in May.

Source: http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmission ... -waitlist/