Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

User avatar
dianersg

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dianersg » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:43 pm

WL via status checker after JS1

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:44 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:Are we supposed to get a confirmation email that we accept the waitlist offer?

Extremely paranoid i clicked the decline button.


If you go back to the link where you make that selection, you should have a big green bar where it has your name and "Waitlist Confirmation"

dg1090

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dg1090 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Any hard data out there on waitlist to offer rate?

Anxious-Undergrad

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anxious-Undergrad » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:47 pm

No word either way for me? How many of you are in the same boat? My numbers are solid in comparison to many being currently waitlisted. Any idea if waitlist wave is over or rolling?

klove2020

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby klove2020 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:48 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
klove2020 wrote:Waitlist... best outcome at this point.

Anyone left not in these two waves?


Me!


Me too


Good luck to you both! holding out hope for a JS2 wave coming out for you :)

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Waitlisted (JS1 in late Jan). I'm so surprised because I thought when I got the email just now, it'd be part of the rejection wave.

I shouldn't even be here with my numbers, and I'm gonna be happy to ride this until the day before finals week of the first semester. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Grats! I know you were feeling kind of down on yourself.

Curiously, despite being WLed on the status checker, I haven't gotten any email about my status changing. Anyone else get them yet?


Thanks for the support and congrats as well.

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AllHailKingMao » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:54 pm

klove2020 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
klove2020 wrote:Waitlist... best outcome at this point.

Anyone left not in these two waves?


Me!


Me too


Good luck to you both! holding out hope for a JS2 wave coming out for you :)


Thank you so much! Hoping for a JS2 for you too!

Fantasyfreak294

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Fantasyfreak294 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Waitlisted (JS1 in late Jan). I'm so surprised because I thought when I got the email just now, it'd be part of the rejection wave.

I shouldn't even be here with my numbers, and I'm gonna be happy to ride this until the day before finals week of the first semester. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Grats! I know you were feeling kind of down on yourself.

Curiously, despite being WLed on the status checker, I haven't gotten any email about my status changing. Anyone else get them yet?


Thanks for the support and congrats as well.


Congrats!! Got WL-ed too today.

User avatar
WordsworthIsBae

Bronze
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WordsworthIsBae » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:59 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:Are we supposed to get a confirmation email that we accept the waitlist offer?

Extremely paranoid i clicked the decline button.


If you go through the process again, this time, instead of giving you the yes/no option, it'll show you what you put in.

BabyDoc2JD

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BabyDoc2JD » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Are we supposed to get a confirmation email that we accept the waitlist offer?

Extremely paranoid i clicked the decline button.


If you go back to the link where you make that selection, you should have a big green bar where it has your name and "Waitlist Confirmation"


I saved a screen shot of that big green bar because I was sure I screwed it up. Now I need someone to tell me how many people actually admitted from the wait list. I know there is a big spread sheet that answers that question, but I am traveling and that information is on my desktop.

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:02 pm

BabyDoc2JD wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Are we supposed to get a confirmation email that we accept the waitlist offer?

Extremely paranoid i clicked the decline button.


If you go back to the link where you make that selection, you should have a big green bar where it has your name and "Waitlist Confirmation"


I saved a screen shot of that big green bar because I was sure I screwed it up. Now I need someone to tell me how many people actually admitted from the wait list. I know there is a big spread sheet that answers that question, but I am traveling and that information is on my desktop.


lol, I took a screenshot too

toto1995

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby toto1995 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Waitlisted. My interviewer was honestly kind of rude to me before I even said anything so I assumed it wasn't going to be good news after the WLs started yesterday.

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ad34964n » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Anxious-Undergrad wrote:No word either way for me? How many of you are in the same boat? My numbers are solid in comparison to many being currently waitlisted. Any idea if waitlist wave is over or rolling?


Looks like there were two consecutive days of waitlist last year so here's hoping

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Do people even send LOCI's to Harvard? Not sure why it would be different than a "why x", of course everyone is interested in going there so it seems kind of pointless.

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:30 pm

dg1090 wrote:Any hard data out there on waitlist to offer rate?


Here's a thread from a few years back that seems good.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225363

LawTweet

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawTweet » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:51 pm

StopLawying wrote:Do people even send LOCI's to Harvard? Not sure why it would be different than a "why x", of course everyone is interested in going there so it seems kind of pointless.


My question too.

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Waitlisted!

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby HarvardHopeful95 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 pm

ad34964n wrote:
Anxious-Undergrad wrote:No word either way for me? How many of you are in the same boat? My numbers are solid in comparison to many being currently waitlisted. Any idea if waitlist wave is over or rolling?


Looks like there were two consecutive days of waitlist last year so here's hoping


The waitlist started yesterday so this would be the second day

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm <25th LSAT and 25TH< GPA >median. Super surprised. No JS1. White dude. Why am I so lucky?

edit: clarity

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AllHailKingMao » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:I'm <25th LSAT and 25TH< GPA >median. Super surprised. No JS1. White dude. Why am I so lucky?

edit: clarity


You just summarized world history dude.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 pm

:lol:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:I'm <25th LSAT and 25TH< GPA >median. Super surprised. No JS1. White dude. Why am I so lucky?

edit: clarity


You just summarized world history dude.

:lol:

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:I'm <25th LSAT and 25TH< GPA >median. Super surprised. No JS1. White dude. Why am I so lucky?

edit: clarity


You just summarized world history dude.

Dead. :lol:

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:I'm <25th LSAT and 25TH< GPA >median. Super surprised. No JS1. White dude. Why am I so lucky?

edit: clarity


You just summarized world history dude.

Dead. :lol:

Hehe!

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:50 pm

toto1995 wrote:Waitlisted. My interviewer was honestly kind of rude to me before I even said anything so I assumed it wasn't going to be good news after the WLs started yesterday.


could you share or PM how he or she was rude?

camelbak

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby camelbak » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 pm

what does this mean for those of us who are still waiting for a decision?? is there still chance of another JS2 wave? or only WLs and dings at this point?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests