Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2%
Tuesday 3/28
17%
Wednesday 3/29
33%
Thursday 3/30
12%
Friday 3/31
27%
Saturday 4/1
9%

Total votes: 107

GOODWORKSTE

New

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:56 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Mackgal wrote:Is the timeline really behind this year ?

I just read through some of the posts from the c/o 2019 applicants and it appears they were already accepting people around December 9th. Potential good sign for those of us without a JS1 yet?

Yeah they've pushed the timeline back this year. They said 1st acceptances won't go out til late dec/early jan.

I heard through the grapevine from a friend of mine that her friend's ex-boyfriend got in very recently

Could be BS but just repeating what i was told

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:02 pm

GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

I just read through some of the posts from the c/o 2019 applicants and it appears they were already accepting people around December 9th. Potential good sign for those of us without a JS1 yet?

Yeah they've pushed the timeline back this year. They said 1st acceptances won't go out til late dec/early jan.

I heard through the grapevine from a friend of mine that her friend's ex-boyfriend got in very recently

hmm seems unlikely that a js2 wave would go by without anyone on TLS reporting it though. idk

taxman14

Bronze

Postby taxman14 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:15 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

hmm seems unlikely that a js2 wave would go by without anyone on TLS reporting it though. idk

Calling BS on this

canafsa

Bronze

Postby canafsa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Last edited by canafsa on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOODWORKSTE

New

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:24 pm

taxman14 wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

Calling BS on this

TBH I also think its BS too. I would like for it to be BS. I'm not applying to harvard, but I know you guys are super into it and deserve it more than this guy.

xn3345

New

Postby xn3345 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm

GOODWORKSTE wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

Calling BS on this

TBH I also think its BS too. I would like for it to be BS. I'm not applying to harvard, but I know you guys are super into it and deserve it more than this guy.

Friend of a friend's ex? My guess is that he got a JS1 and the difference got lost in translation.

GOODWORKSTE

New

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:12 pm

xn3345 wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

Calling BS on this

Friend of a friend's ex? My guess is that he got a JS1 and the difference got lost in translation.

This probably the case. The girl (my friend) knows nothing about law school admissions, and its probable that her friend also doesn't either.

Aquinas

Bronze

Postby Aquinas » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:15 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

While there has yet to be a JS2 wave for us common folk, it appears that there *has* been one for Tiffany Trump: http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12 ... /2355.html.

Maybe GOODWORKSTE's friend's friend's ex-boyfriend is Barron or Donald Jr., and got in on the same wave of Trump-only JS2's. That would be yuge.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:19 pm

sonyco

New

Postby sonyco » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Aquinas wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

While there has yet to be a JS2 wave for us common folk, it appears that there *has* been one for Tiffany Trump: http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12 ... /2355.html.

Maybe GOODWORKSTE's friend's friend's ex-boyfriend is Barron or Donald Jr., and got in on the same wave of Trump-only JS2's. That would be yuge.

Look at how many answers she marked wrong in the Instagram photo.

ayylmao

Silver

Postby ayylmao » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:36 pm

sonyco wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

hahahahaha

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 pm

sonyco wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

"She was named by her parents after Tiffany & Company" jfc

ayylmao

Silver

Postby ayylmao » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:39 pm

forum_user wrote:
sonyco wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
GOODWORKSTE wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

"She was named by her parents after Tiffany & Company" jfc

hahahahahaha

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:48 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texteach

Bronze

Postby texteach » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Last edited by texteach on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valamar

New

Postby Valamar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:01 pm

FWIW they tell people "late Dec. to early Jan." every year. Hang in there guys!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:03 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Postby VA2lawschool » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Looking for some reassurance here - I have several T14 acceptances and got relatively early interviews for Columbia and Chicago but no JS1 (applied in October). Granted, my numbers aren't *stellar* for HLS but thought I was generally in range. So the question: if you don't receive a JS1 in a reasonable amount of time, is it likely you'll receive one?

Aquinas

Bronze

Postby Aquinas » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:36 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:Looking for some reassurance here - I have several T14 acceptances and got relatively early interviews for Columbia and Chicago but no JS1 (applied in October). Granted, my numbers aren't *stellar* for HLS but thought I was generally in range. So the question: if you don't receive a JS1 in a reasonable amount of time, is it likely you'll receive one?

FWIW, I applied around the same time as you, had a JS1 a couple weeks ago, didn't interview with Columbia until today, and still haven't heard a peep from Chicago. Point being, I think there's a fair amount of randomness entailed in the chronology of this whole process. A long wait at a given school doesn't necessarily imply anything neative (or anything meaningful at all, for that matter...).

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Postby VA2lawschool » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Aquinas wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:Looking for some reassurance here - I have several T14 acceptances and got relatively early interviews for Columbia and Chicago but no JS1 (applied in October). Granted, my numbers aren't *stellar* for HLS but thought I was generally in range. So the question: if you don't receive a JS1 in a reasonable amount of time, is it likely you'll receive one?

FWIW, I applied around the same time as you, had a JS1 a couple weeks ago, didn't interview with Columbia until today, and still haven't heard a peep from Chicago. Point being, I think there's a fair amount of randomness entailed in the chronology of this whole process. A long wait at a given school doesn't necessarily imply anything neative (or anything meaningful at all, for that matter...).

Thanks for responding! I think you're right. Admissions can be such a black box that I think we're all looking for patterns that aren't likely to become apparent or even exist.

memphis7598

New

Postby memphis7598 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Aquinas wrote:

+1
Same here, I went complete in all my applicatios around 11/05 - 11/10, and got a JS1 on 11/21.
On the other hand, I've heard nothing from Columbia and Chicago. So seems to be pretty random to me.

jebbush2k20

New

Postby jebbush2k20 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:17 pm

every time i see the HLS thread bump up on the forum, I think another round of JS1s has gone out and panic

also i recognize that i am contributing to that now

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 pm

jebbush2k20 wrote:every time i see the HLS thread bump up on the forum, I think another round of JS1s has gone out and panic

also i recognize that i am contributing to that now

+1000

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm in the same boat as you (although perhaps my numbers are lower--I'm just barely in range for H)--was in the first round of interviews for both Chicago and Columbia. I'm not giving up hope until I get a WL or ding, though! All I can think is that if I didn't know TLS existed, I would have no reason to be worried because I wouldn't know others have already gotten JS1s!

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Postby VA2lawschool » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:44 pm

airwrecka wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you (although perhaps my numbers are lower--I'm just barely in range for H)--was in the first round of interviews for both Chicago and Columbia. I'm not giving up hope until I get a WL or ding, though! All I can think is that if I didn't know TLS existed, I would have no reason to be worried because I wouldn't know others have already gotten JS1s!

Totally fair point! Frankly I'm barely in range for H as well, just have anecdotal evidence from friends in past cycles getting in with my numbers and it looks like I have a fairly good chance from mylsn. I guess I just need to be open/expect the possibility that my H cycle might be on the back end, being a borderline applicant.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?