Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2%
Tuesday 3/28
17%
Wednesday 3/29
33%
Thursday 3/30
12%
Friday 3/31
27%
Saturday 4/1
9%

Total votes: 107

jhc14

New

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jhc14 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:37 pm

poptart123 wrote:
From HLS App:

"Application deadline: February 1. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible after September 15 and well before the February 1 deadline. We can guarantee full consideration for all applications submitted by February 1, and we will permit applications to be filed after the deadline until we can no longer provide full consideration.

Please note that due to the volume of materials we receive, it normally takes several weeks from the time we receive an application to process required materials and to "complete" the application for submission to the Admissions Committee. Applicants whose materials are completed by the February 1 deadline will have a decision rendered by April 1. Applications that become complete after the deadline are not guaranteed to have a decision rendered before April 1."

Thank you

dddddd90

Bronze

Postby dddddd90 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

jhc14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
From HLS App:

"Application deadline: February 1. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible after September 15 and well before the February 1 deadline. We can guarantee full consideration for all applications submitted by February 1, and we will permit applications to be filed after the deadline until we can no longer provide full consideration.

Please note that due to the volume of materials we receive, it normally takes several weeks from the time we receive an application to process required materials and to "complete" the application for submission to the Admissions Committee. Applicants whose materials are completed by the February 1 deadline will have a decision rendered by April 1. Applications that become complete after the deadline are not guaranteed to have a decision rendered before April 1."

Thank you

WE ALL GETTIN REJECTED TOMORROW FAM

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Oh shit. :shock:

jhc14

New

Postby jhc14 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 pm

dddddd90 wrote:

Party foul.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Rigo wrote:Oh shit. :shock:

Theres still hope that you can come fuck shit up with me in creambridge

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm

dddddd90 wrote:
jhc14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
From HLS App:

Thank you

Pretty epic way to go out - one big reject wave. Bring it 8)

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Rigo wrote:Oh shit. :shock:

Theres still hope that you can come fuck shit up with me in creambridge

Holding onto that sliver!

dddddd90

Bronze

Postby dddddd90 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

jhc14 wrote:
dddddd90 wrote:

Party foul.

Just doing my part to help people manage their expectations. Peace and blessings.

KaijuOh8

New

Postby KaijuOh8 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

My current theory is that the adcoms, (apparently) very behind on their WL/rejection emails, are planning to send out everything at once tomorrow. They are taking this long because they have thousands of emails to send out and are making sure no one receives the wrong message by scrolling through the lists of recipients. Either that, or somebody made a mistake and they had to reenter all recipients all over again.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 pm

KaijuOh8 wrote:My current theory is that the adcoms, (apparently) very behind on their WL/rejection emails, are planning to send out everything at once tomorrow. They are taking this long because they have thousands of emails to send out and are making sure no one receives the wrong message by scrolling through the lists of recipients. Either that, or somebody made a mistake and they had to reenter all recipients all over again.

My pet theory is that there are still a few slots left and they're having a deathmatch to see which adcomms get their favorites in.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 pm

FB page up to 563. Looking at the past couple classes, they get to about 800. I'm sure there are admits who need to be added yet, but it seems like another JS2 wave isn't *totally* out of the question.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Pozzo wrote:FB page up to 563. Looking at the past couple classes, they get to about 800. I'm sure there are admits who need to be added yet, but it seems like another JS2 wave isn't *totally* out of the question.

There's room for some heavy WL action.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Last edited by haley12 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
KaijuOh8 wrote:My current theory is that the adcoms, (apparently) very behind on their WL/rejection emails, are planning to send out everything at once tomorrow. They are taking this long because they have thousands of emails to send out and are making sure no one receives the wrong message by scrolling through the lists of recipients. Either that, or somebody made a mistake and they had to reenter all recipients all over again.

My pet theory is that there are still a few slots left and they're having a deathmatch to see which adcomms get their favorites in.

My theory is that they'll put us all in a dome, hunger games style, and just let us fight it out. Maybe with some logic game elimination rounds.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:49 pm

haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

My theory is that they'll put us all in a dome, hunger games style, and just let us fight it out. Maybe with some logic game elimination rounds.

I am totally game for that.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

Hell yeah. Lemme break out my prep test books to brush up.

suitsandpotions

New

Postby suitsandpotions » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm

haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

At this point I would def be down for that.

chasima

Bronze

Postby chasima » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Pozzo wrote:FB page up to 563. Looking at the past couple classes, they get to about 800. I'm sure there are admits who need to be added yet, but it seems like another JS2 wave isn't *totally* out of the question.

pozzo you're my favorite tlser xoxo

WordsworthIsBae

Bronze

Postby WordsworthIsBae » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:51 pm

haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

Logic Games? My body is ready.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

Hell yeah. Lemme break out my prep test books to brush up.

I seriously thought about applying to be an LSAT tutor, and then I remembered that I didn't enjoy any sections besides logic games :lol: . If I could be a logic games only tutor I would jump at the chance though.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm

dddddd90 wrote:

I'll catch you on the flip side my friend 8)

chasima

Bronze

Postby chasima » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:53 pm

suitsandpotions wrote:
haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

Noooo logic games is my worst section!!!!!

*blends in with mud & leaves peeta-style until RC rounds begin*

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:53 pm

chasima wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

What kind of black magic is this? Who actually is best at RC?!

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
chasima wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

+180. Just about to write the same thing

chasima

Bronze

Postby chasima » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
chasima wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
haley12 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

IDK I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT EITHER

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?