Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:56 pm

I just went through and counted the # of acceptances on LSN thus far ... ~120. According to myLSN, only 132 people were accepted in the 2014-2015 cycle. That includes people admitted off of the WL; I think that things look very bleak for those of us who had early JS1s if these data are accurate and there hasn't been a massive uptick in lsn usage in the past two years. The 2015-2016 cycle has weird data problems so I didn't use it in my comparison. I think I've moved to the acceptance stage now.

gwillygecko

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gwillygecko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Hobbesy wrote:Forgive me for the probably very stupid question, but if you have not received a JS1 from Harvard yet, is it safe to say you're dinged? (Applied 2/1 complete 2/8)

I hate waiting in limbo. Just ding me so I can try to find my answers in the bottom of the bottle


the website only guarantees an april 1st decision if you're complete by february 1st. otherwise hls only promises a decision by may 1. so theres still a chance of more js1s on monday.

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 pm

curry1 wrote:I just went through and counted the # of acceptances on LSN thus far ... ~120. According to myLSN, only 132 people were accepted in the 2014-2015 cycle. That includes people admitted off of the WL; I think that things look very bleak for those of us who had early JS1s if these data are accurate and there hasn't been a massive uptick in lsn usage in the past two years. The 2015-2016 cycle has weird data problems so I didn't use it in my comparison. I think I've moved to the acceptance stage now.


There's always the waitlist.

palalc

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby palalc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Has any non-URM below both medians been accepted yet?

And those of you with 2016 JS1s, are you at or above at least one median?

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:38 pm

My life has peaked I'm pretty sure. I'll be telling my grand kids, "yeah I had js1. I coulda gone all the way to Harvard law!"

And then they'll be so disappointed that they lost out on a legacy boost.

jd20

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jd20 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 pm

palalc wrote:Has any non-URM below both medians been accepted yet?

And those of you with 2016 JS1s, are you at or above at least one median?


I had a late-November JS1 and I'm at median LSAT and 25<GPA<50

LegalAAA

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LegalAAA » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 pm

I had a late Jan JS1 and I'm slightly below both. Non-URM

whatislife

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby whatislife » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:54 pm

.
Last edited by whatislife on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Sorry if this has been said already but I'm pretty sure there'll be another JS2 wave next week because weren't there js1 recipients this week who went complete before feb 1?

But I guess the question is whether next week's wave will be small and include only those who interviewed this week

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:Sorry if this has been said already but I'm pretty sure there'll be another JS2 wave next week because weren't there js1 recipients this week who went complete before feb 1?

But I guess the question is whether next week's wave will be small and include only those who interviewed this week


tis the question indeed

LegalAAA

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LegalAAA » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:30 pm

I honestly think there's another wave of people, including others from earlier in the cycle. Look at last year's LSN data: people who were below both medians and non-URM were pretty much uniformly accepted on 3/28, which came after the 3/11 and 3/12 waves (which I would bet are equivalent to the wave we had today, considering the only prior wave was 2/22 this year). Almost nobody today was below both medians, and by the laws of statistics they need to basically accept SOME people below both.

edit: To further the point, last year's 3/28 wave, the last of the cycle, included people who applied in 2015. The Harvard admissions office just does the bottom end last.

palalc

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby palalc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 pm

LegalAAA wrote:I honestly think there's another wave of people, including others from earlier in the cycle. Look at last year's LSN data: people who were below both medians and non-URM were pretty much uniformly accepted on 3/28, which came after the 3/11 and 3/12 waves (which I would bet are equivalent to the wave we had today, considering the only prior wave was 2/22 this year). Almost nobody today was below both medians, and by the laws of statistics they need to basically accept SOME people below both.

edit: To further the point, last year's 3/28 wave, the last of the cycle, included people who applied in 2015. The Harvard admissions office just does the bottom end last.


I'm pretty sure no one combination of words has ever given me so much hope.

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm

LegalAAA wrote:I honestly think there's another wave of people, including others from earlier in the cycle. Look at last year's LSN data: people who were below both medians and non-URM were pretty much uniformly accepted on 3/28, which came after the 3/11 and 3/12 waves (which I would bet are equivalent to the wave we had today, considering the only prior wave was 2/22 this year). Almost nobody today was below both medians, and by the laws of statistics they need to basically accept SOME people below both.

edit: To further the point, last year's 3/28 wave, the last of the cycle, included people who applied in 2015. The Harvard admissions office just does the bottom end last.


Omg IM below both medians!!! Say this again, but this time, more slowly and closer to my ear.

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 pm

curry1 wrote:I just went through and counted the # of acceptances on LSN thus far ... ~120. According to myLSN, only 132 people were accepted in the 2014-2015 cycle. That includes people admitted off of the WL; I think that things look very bleak for those of us who had early JS1s if these data are accurate and there hasn't been a massive uptick in lsn usage in the past two years. The 2015-2016 cycle has weird data problems so I didn't use it in my comparison. I think I've moved to the acceptance stage now.


120, 132 on LSN sound low. TLS had more acceptances reported last 2 cycles around this time.

LegalAAA

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LegalAAA » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 pm

.
Last edited by LegalAAA on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gizmo1024

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gizmo1024 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Are early March JS1s still fair game for the last JS2 wave? Trying to hold onto any last bit of hope I can.

LegalAAA

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LegalAAA » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Calpolisci, if you need more reassurance, look for yourself at the TLS spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =421159297

I should mention that I'm in the same boat, so this is really just wishful thinking at this point. But fuck it!

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 pm

spreadsheet has

125 JS1 so far
51 JS2 so far

last year JS2s at this point 118

2014-2015 TLS cycle has pre-WL 174 JS1
2013-2014 TLS cycle has pre-WL 172 JS1

JS1s/JS2s are very under-reported this cycle

don't forget to report your status in the spreadsheet
Last edited by appind on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 pm

anyone below medians who applied late Jan done JS1?

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 pm

When do we think WLs will come out? This week or next?

Hobbesy

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Hobbesy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 pm

gwillygecko wrote:
Hobbesy wrote:Forgive me for the probably very stupid question, but if you have not received a JS1 from Harvard yet, is it safe to say you're dinged? (Applied 2/1 complete 2/8)

I hate waiting in limbo. Just ding me so I can try to find my answers in the bottom of the bottle


the website only guarantees an april 1st decision if you're complete by february 1st. otherwise hls only promises a decision by may 1. so theres still a chance of more js1s on monday.


A glimmer of hope appeared. My emotions

brekky234

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brekky234 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:31 pm

JS2-ed on March 22 :shock: :shock:

international, LSAT <25, GPA>75
JS1 in early Feb

there's still hope for splitters/ below medians !!!

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 am

is spreadsheet sortable after download? seems to crash when sorting

(out of 125 JS1s in the spreadsheet)
only 7 JS1 from at-least-one-below-median 2017 applicants
below both medians (above both 25%): 1
lsat > median, gpa between 25-50: 2
gpa > 75, lsat < median (<25 or between 25-50): 2
both < 25, URM: 2

there is only 1 non-URM, below-medians above-25%s, Jan applicant with JS1 so far and none who applied late-Jan.

JSNone who submitted Jan are p much dead at this point?

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:35 am

curry1 wrote:When do we think WLs will come out? This week or next?


next week in several waves.

4'sup

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 4'sup » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:24 am

Stupid question but most people that get WL don't get JS1s right? Trying to make myself feel better after my recent JS1 after getting so hyped for the possibility of H.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: westenddalen and 19 guests