Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 pm

ashrice13 wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't think what's happening here is all that bad? You should check out the lounge....



You're normal. Have you checked out the twitter I made

User avatar
Kinch08

Bronze
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kinch08 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:20 pm

dyebri shutting down the thread

I'm gonna have to start doing my job again

Dude where were you on page 179? You could've prevented today's lack-of-wave.

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Kinch08 wrote:dyebri shutting down the thread

I'm gonna have to start doing my job again

Dude where were you on page 179? You could've prevented today's lack-of-wave.



I was worried Chanel1202 would tell me to grow up again lol

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm

guys my status checker looks different and I'm pretty sure I'm in!?

Image

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:34 pm

^ wow, that person has too much time on their hands!

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kopetz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:34 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:guys my status checker looks different and I'm pretty sure I'm in!?

(snip)


omg congrats! but pretty rude of them to call you a thot imo

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:35 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:guys my status checker looks different and I'm pretty sure I'm in!?

wait is it not supposed to look like that

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:36 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:guys my status checker looks different and I'm pretty sure I'm in!?

[+] Spoiler
Image

This is amazing. My status checker diappeared and has since been replaced with the words "LOL" and a link to the TLS Ding bar thread.

pragmaticpoet

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pragmaticpoet » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm

soooooo i guess a 3:30 wave is not happening?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Kopetz wrote: omg congrats! but pretty rude of them to call you a thot imo


right? wtf.

Sarastro wrote: wait is it not supposed to look like that


so I'm not special? wow harvard. wow.

ashrice13 wrote:This is amazing. My status checker disappeared and has since been replaced with the words "LOL" and a link to the TLS Ding bar thread.


they're making it easy for you! so generou$

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:42 pm

pragmaticpoet wrote:soooooo i guess a 3:30 wave is not happening?


doesn't look like it. next Wednesday it is.

pragmaticpoet

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pragmaticpoet » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
pragmaticpoet wrote:soooooo i guess a 3:30 wave is not happening?


doesn't look like it. next Wednesday it is.



damn. why not monday doe?

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:44 pm

pragmaticpoet wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
pragmaticpoet wrote:soooooo i guess a 3:30 wave is not happening?


doesn't look like it. next Wednesday it is.



damn. why not monday doe?


Wednesday will be four weeks since the last wave. last year's waves were all about four weeks apart. but ultimately just speculation!

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Any chance that they will release decisions over the weekend

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Hey now, a 4:30 wave could still happen.

[+] Spoiler
Image
Last edited by Pozzo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2257
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
appind wrote:In one of the past cycles, someone kept track of how many interview slots opened every week since the beginning of JS1s. At this time in Mar they had only about 750 slots for JS1s.

So they may be conducting simulatenous intvws and the actual count of JS1s could be higher.



I think that's def what happened. I just checked out the calendar and they're are no more scheduled JS1. It looks like they're about finished

about finished with JS1s for the cycle?


Could someone who interviewed tell us if they have done multiple intvws in the same slot?
this would mean 1 slot appears during scheduling but there may be 2 js1s for the same slot?

pragmaticpoet

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pragmaticpoet » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Pozzo wrote:Hey now, a 4:30 wave could still happen.


legitimately lol'd at the gif haha

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2257
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby appind » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:44 pm

unrelated wrote:
Kinch08 wrote:
kubakuba wrote:To all the admissions pundits and foretellers - can we reasonably hope at this point for any additional JS1 wave? Since Kat has basically got the confirmation that they will make the final decisions by April 1, it leaves very little room for any additional invitations if you ask me... What do you think?


Last cycle, there weren't any JS1 waves this late in the year. Of course, you could always go waitlist->JS1->admission.

In years past, I gather that there've been JS1 waves super late in the cycle, and then JS2's given out a week later. So it's possible.

If I were you, I'd hold out hope until tomorrow. After tomorrow, I'd start managing expectations. I think the odds of another JS1 wave with less than 2 weeks until the due date are quite low.


why.won't.they.love. me.


This cycle does seem unusual OR harvard has changed how they interview. There has been a remarkable consistency in the way interview waves came in in previous cycles total of 22-24 JS1 waves. Usually there are 4 JS1 waves in March.

this year there was one on March 1st, but no JS1 waves after that.

Mrs_Chukes

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mrs_Chukes » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:08 pm

What if I told you...there was a JS2 wave today but no one on TLS got one

:shock:

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Mrs_Chukes wrote:What if I told you...there was a JS2 wave today but no one on TLS got one

:shock:

I'd say you really know how to emotionally exploit a critical mass of high-strung individuals on the internet.

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Mrs_Chukes wrote:What if I told you...there was a JS2 wave today but no one on TLS got one

:shock:

I'd say you really know how to emotionally exploit a critical mass of high-strung individuals on the internet.


Mr_Chukes wrote:


chukes your wife is trying to stir up trouble!!!

pragmaticpoet

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pragmaticpoet » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Mrs_Chukes wrote:What if I told you...there was a JS2 wave today but no one on TLS got one

:shock:

I'd say you really know how to emotionally exploit a critical mass of high-strung individuals on the internet.


I would say what Pozzo just said.

pkalltheway

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pkalltheway » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:28 pm

appind wrote:
unrelated wrote:
Kinch08 wrote:
kubakuba wrote:To all the admissions pundits and foretellers - can we reasonably hope at this point for any additional JS1 wave? Since Kat has basically got the confirmation that they will make the final decisions by April 1, it leaves very little room for any additional invitations if you ask me... What do you think?


Last cycle, there weren't any JS1 waves this late in the year. Of course, you could always go waitlist->JS1->admission.

In years past, I gather that there've been JS1 waves super late in the cycle, and then JS2's given out a week later. So it's possible.

If I were you, I'd hold out hope until tomorrow. After tomorrow, I'd start managing expectations. I think the odds of another JS1 wave with less than 2 weeks until the due date are quite low.


why.won't.they.love. me.


This cycle does seem unusual OR harvard has changed how they interview. There has been a remarkable consistency in the way interview waves came in in previous cycles total of 22-24 JS1 waves. Usually there are 4 JS1 waves in March.

this year there was one on March 1st, but no JS1 waves after that.


Are we sure that April 1st is the deadline? The website says decisions will go out by the end of April. :(

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:33 pm

pkalltheway wrote:
appind wrote:
unrelated wrote:
Kinch08 wrote:
kubakuba wrote:To all the admissions pundits and foretellers - can we reasonably hope at this point for any additional JS1 wave? Since Kat has basically got the confirmation that they will make the final decisions by April 1, it leaves very little room for any additional invitations if you ask me... What do you think?


Last cycle, there weren't any JS1 waves this late in the year. Of course, you could always go waitlist->JS1->admission.

In years past, I gather that there've been JS1 waves super late in the cycle, and then JS2's given out a week later. So it's possible.

If I were you, I'd hold out hope until tomorrow. After tomorrow, I'd start managing expectations. I think the odds of another JS1 wave with less than 2 weeks until the due date are quite low.


why.won't.they.love. me.


This cycle does seem unusual OR harvard has changed how they interview. There has been a remarkable consistency in the way interview waves came in in previous cycles total of 22-24 JS1 waves. Usually there are 4 JS1 waves in March.

this year there was one on March 1st, but no JS1 waves after that.


Are we sure that April 1st is the deadline? The website says decisions will go out by the end of April. :(


The April 1st date is coming from the recent JS1s when the admissions officers told everyone in their interviews that they would hear back by April 1st (I was told the same thing in my interview)

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

chasima wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Mrs_Chukes wrote:What if I told you...there was a JS2 wave today but no one on TLS got one

:shock:

I'd say you really know how to emotionally exploit a critical mass of high-strung individuals on the internet.


Mr_Chukes wrote:


chukes your wife is trying to stir up trouble!!!

Get back in the house and stop causing trouble lol.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KoozBall and 13 guests