Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

User avatar
ood's_brother

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ood's_brother » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 am

Last night I had a dream of my DING EMAIL. I remember reading it.

I woke up thinking it had happened.

And yes it did say thank you for the edible arrangements.

pragmaticpoet

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pragmaticpoet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 am

does anyone know what time JS2's usually go out if they do...lol or am i just way too anxious rn

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:05 am

pragmaticpoet wrote:does anyone know what time JS2's usually go out if they do...lol or am i just way too anxious rn


I think they usually start around 10:30ish if it's a morning wave.

User avatar
Kinch08

Bronze
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kinch08 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:25 am

I don't know that much about the GRE, but I'm pretty sure that I knew a bunch of people who got more-or-less perfect scores on it. 178-180 on the LSAT seems to me like it's for people who are really out there stunting, whereas a "top" score on the GRE just kind of means you're smart but not necessarily "special." I'm not saying that a 179 means you're going to be wildly successful in Law School, but it does at least mean that you're ridiculously good at taking the LSAT.

Losing that stratification at the top would make the whole admissions process a lot less fun IMO.

Maybe I'm full of crap and don't know anything about the GRE, though--I'm just going off of the little that I've heard, so maybe a perfect 1600 (is that right?) is actually lower than a 180.

Also it would suck to go to HLS and then have it slip out of the HYS tier while you're there. Obviously that isn't going to happen, but if it did and you chose it over $ at CCN you'd probably be pretty upset.
Last edited by Kinch08 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VapidP » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 am

Kinch08 wrote:I don't know that much about the GRE, but I'm pretty sure that I knew a bunch of people who got more-or-less perfect scores on it. 178-180 on the LSAT seems to me like it's for people who are really out there stunting, whereas a "top" score on the GRE just kind of means you're smart but not necessarily "special." I'm not saying that a 179 means you're going to be wildly successful in Law School, but it does at least mean that you're ridiculously good at taking the LSAT.

Losing that stratification at the top would make the whole admissions process a lot less fun IMO.

Also it would suck to go to HLS and then have it slip out of the HYS tier while you're there. Obviously that isn't going to happen, but if it did and you chose it over $ at CCN you'd probably be pretty upset.


I think part of the reason why there exist so much anecdotal evidence for many more people getting perfect scores on the GRE is because many more people take the GRE. I know many more GRE takers than LSAT takers and I know a ton of LSAT takers.

That being said, the GRE is stupidly easy when compared to the LSAT and even the GMAT.

User avatar
KateMcKitten

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KateMcKitten » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 am

ood's_brother wrote:Last night I had a dream of my DING EMAIL. I remember reading it.

I woke up thinking it had happened.

And yes it did say thank you for the edible arrangements.

At least you knew it didn't end up in the worker's lounge.

User avatar
CHyde

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CHyde » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:45 am

.
Last edited by CHyde on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:54 am

CHyde wrote:Given the release of the new GRE pilot program, do you think H will prioritize 173+ over 170-172s for the remainder of the year? Essentially, will applicants who had a 50% chance last cycle have a 30-40% chance this cycle?

The pilot isn't starting until next cycle, so I don't see why it would impact the rest of this cycle.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:56 am

Kinch08 wrote:I don't know that much about the GRE, but I'm pretty sure that I knew a bunch of people who got more-or-less perfect scores on it. 178-180 on the LSAT seems to me like it's for people who are really out there stunting, whereas a "top" score on the GRE just kind of means you're smart but not necessarily "special." I'm not saying that a 179 means you're going to be wildly successful in Law School, but it does at least mean that you're ridiculously good at taking the LSAT.

Losing that stratification at the top would make the whole admissions process a lot less fun IMO.

Maybe I'm full of crap and don't know anything about the GRE, though--I'm just going off of the little that I've heard, so maybe a perfect 1600 (is that right?) is actually lower than a 180.

Also it would suck to go to HLS and then have it slip out of the HYS tier while you're there. Obviously that isn't going to happen, but if it did and you chose it over $ at CCN you'd probably be pretty upset.


He max score has been 340 for a long time now. Gre is much easier. But obviously that's relative merit as well. You get percentile ranks. But you are right. LSAT has about 7-8 points at the 99th percentile (173-180 I guess). In gre, it's a lesser range.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:58 am

Doesn't matter to me because I can't math that's why I'm going to law school plain and simple.

User avatar
CHyde

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CHyde » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:02 pm

.
Last edited by CHyde on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:06 pm

CHyde wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
CHyde wrote:Given the release of the new GRE pilot program, do you think H will prioritize 173+ over 170-172s for the remainder of the year? Essentially, will applicants who had a 50% chance last cycle have a 30-40% chance this cycle?

The pilot isn't starting until next cycle, so I don't see why it would impact the rest of this cycle.


I suppose its an indication of H's desire to raise their medians again to 173 (i.e., drop low lsats in favor of high GRE)...so I'm just speculating that we may see that desire materialize in the rest of this cycle.

BUT WHO KNOWS...

Well they don't seem to want it badly enough to give me a JS1.

Unless they do.
In which case, you've got my number, H.

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TudoBem » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm

waiting and waiting...since 11/15. No JS1. Expecting my first ding , hopefully a WL. :(
Should I visit? I will be in Boston next week. Any thoughts?

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:34 pm

TudoBem wrote:waiting and waiting...since 11/15. No JS1. Expecting my first ding , hopefully a WL. :(
Should I visit? I will be in Boston next week. Any thoughts?


Visits don't get reported. It's useless. And you'll just have wasted money because everyone knows if you get in you'll go regardless of what you think of campus

jaketp123

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jaketp123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:05 pm

pragmaticpoet wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Thoughts on JS2 possibilities today?



Really hoping for it

Is there any chance of someone with a JS1 done on 2/23 hearing back in this wave or no?



In the same boat my friend. Good luck!

Mackgal

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mackgal » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Mackgal wrote:Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

Did you get a js1

Mackgal

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mackgal » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:25 pm

dyebri wrote:
Mackgal wrote:Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

Did you get a js1


Yup I had it first week of January

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:26 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Mackgal wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Mackgal wrote:Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

Did you get a js1


Yup I had it first week of January


Glad there's someone in the same boat with me. Good luck to all of us. We made our efforts. Now it's their turn to decide. So just keep yourself busy and let the decision come when it comes.

kiwi50

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kiwi50 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:45 pm

.
Last edited by kiwi50 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:07 pm

hellohalo wrote:
Mackgal wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Mackgal wrote:Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

Did you get a js1


Yup I had it first week of January


Glad there's someone in the same boat with me. Good luck to all of us. We made our efforts. Now it's their turn to decide. So just keep yourself busy and let the decision come when it comes.




I had mine the first week of February. Is there anyone here that had one the same time as me and do you think we'll hear back in the next wave

jaketp123

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jaketp123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:41 pm

dyebri wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
Mackgal wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Mackgal wrote:Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

Did you get a js1


Yup I had it first week of January


Glad there's someone in the same boat with me. Good luck to all of us. We made our efforts. Now it's their turn to decide. So just keep yourself busy and let the decision come when it comes.




I had mine the first week of February. Is there anyone here that had one the same time as me and do you think we'll hear back in the next wave


I received my JS1 about 2 weeks after yours on 2/24. I am hopeful though. Aren't there only a few JS2 waves left?

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AllHailKingMao » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:52 pm

jaketp123 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
Mackgal wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Mackgal wrote:Anyone else losing hope that they'll ever hear from Harvard before April. Each day that passss I commit myself to having to wait for April 1st to get any news :cry:

Did you get a js1


Yup I had it first week of January


Glad there's someone in the same boat with me. Good luck to all of us. We made our efforts. Now it's their turn to decide. So just keep yourself busy and let the decision come when it comes.




I had mine the first week of February. Is there anyone here that had one the same time as me and do you think we'll hear back in the next wave


I received my JS1 about 2 weeks after yours on 2/24. I am hopeful though. Aren't there only a few JS2 waves left?


I had mine at the same time as you and I haven't heard back. Tbh, speculating doesn't really help at all-- either you're right and you're not surprised, or you're wrong and depressed. Let's just ride it out! 22 days until April 1, we've made it this far!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:54 pm

what happens april 1st



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests