Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

judgeandjury

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby judgeandjury » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 am

Has anyone who received a JS2 last Wednesday received their Harvard login yet? I'm trying to register for Admitted Student Weekend and get a little more info on it.

User avatar
azaleafire

Bronze
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby azaleafire » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 am

judgeandjury wrote:Has anyone who received a JS2 last Wednesday received their Harvard login yet? I'm trying to register for Admitted Student Weekend and get a little more info on it.


I emailed because I wanted to visit campus and can't make the ASW that is before seat deposits, and she called me and mentioned in passing that hopefully we will get the login info sometime this week. Not early enough for her to feel like I could use it to register for a visit this week, but early enough to use it for next week.

Brutus_the_Younger

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 pm

...

Postby Brutus_the_Younger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:33 am

...
Last edited by Brutus_the_Younger on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajc238

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ajc238 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 am

azaleafire wrote:
judgeandjury wrote:Has anyone who received a JS2 last Wednesday received their Harvard login yet? I'm trying to register for Admitted Student Weekend and get a little more info on it.


I emailed because I wanted to visit campus and can't make the ASW that is before seat deposits, and she called me and mentioned in passing that hopefully we will get the login info sometime this week. Not early enough for her to feel like I could use it to register for a visit this week, but early enough to use it for next week.


Do any admits know what time ASW programming begins on 3/24 and ends on 3/26? Thank you!

scott2016

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby scott2016 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 am

.
Last edited by scott2016 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:08 pm

scott2016 wrote:Dare I ask how many people are in the FB group?


seconded

User avatar
GoBucks6612

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GoBucks6612 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:14 pm

addie1412 wrote:
scott2016 wrote:Dare I ask how many people are in the FB group?


seconded


311. You have to request to join though so this isn't the number of admits unless everyone requested. For reference though, the total number who joined the Facebook group for the past few years are below.

Class of 2019 - 682
Class of 2018 - 793
Class of 2017 - 807

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 pm

GoBucks6612 wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
scott2016 wrote:Dare I ask how many people are in the FB group?


seconded


311. You have to request to join though so this isn't the number of admits unless everyone requested. For reference though, the total number who joined the Facebook group for the past few years are below.

Class of 2019 - 682
Class of 2018 - 793
Class of 2017 - 807


Thanks!

kiwi50

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kiwi50 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

.
Last edited by kiwi50 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott2016

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby scott2016 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

.
Last edited by scott2016 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
forum_user

Silver
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby forum_user » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 pm

GoBucks6612 wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
scott2016 wrote:Dare I ask how many people are in the FB group?


seconded


311. You have to request to join though so this isn't the number of admits unless everyone requested. For reference though, the total number who joined the Facebook group for the past few years are below.

Class of 2019 - 682
Class of 2018 - 793
Class of 2017 - 807

For the record, last year around this time (March 6) someone reported that the 2019 facebook group had 317 members, so looks like we're more or less on track.

dhbiv

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dhbiv » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:50 pm

.
Last edited by dhbiv on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Looks like we could probably deduce that half or a little less than half of the total offers have gone out.

latif

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby latif » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 pm

For those who have recieved their JS2's, is there a deadline to accept the offer? If so which date.


MisterT

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MisterT » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:56 pm

When you receive a new/updated transcript, are schools automatically notified? My GPA increased significantly and wondering if I should reach out to HLS.

Complete beginning of dec. otherwise no contact.

dokumented

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dokumented » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:30 pm

MisterT wrote:When you receive a new/updated transcript, are schools automatically notified? My GPA increased significantly and wondering if I should reach out to HLS.

Complete beginning of dec. otherwise no contact.


The school's are not automatically notified unless you sent new transcripts through LSAC. I would update via LSAC's process, from what I've read, "We will incorporate this information into your file and send updated transcript reports to the law schools, as long as their reporting terms are still current." I'm not sure when the reporting terms are, but it seems possible.

User avatar
nimbus cloud

Silver
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nimbus cloud » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Had my JS1 interview recently. I wanted to hate it because I don't think I can afford HLS. But that was a very pleasant experience.

PM me if you have questions.

uhwrestler

Bronze
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby uhwrestler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:11 pm

rejected via status checker. urm below lsat 25th....not surprised

User avatar
CHyde

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CHyde » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

.
Last edited by CHyde on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dokumented

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dokumented » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

uhwrestler wrote:rejected via status checker. urm below lsat 25th....not surprised


Sorry to hear :(
When did your application go complete, if you don't mind me asking.

uhwrestler

Bronze
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby uhwrestler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:18 pm

dokumented wrote:
uhwrestler wrote:rejected via status checker. urm below lsat 25th....not surprised


Sorry to hear :(
When did your application go complete, if you don't mind me asking.


dec 12

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm

I went complete Nov 4th
No JS1
and still no rejection. guys I think this means I'm in!!!!!!!

(lmao)

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm

CHyde wrote:OP - could we get a new poll? Like have you received a JS1? or Who was your interviewer? or Remy Ma or Nicki? Or really anything plz...

I'm pretty sure I remember OP peacing out some time back. IIRC he said that anyone could have OP if they wanted to request it from the mods.

User avatar
dddddd90

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dddddd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

mm2368 wrote:I went complete Nov 4th
No JS1
and still no rejection. guys I think this means I'm in!!!!!!!

(lmao)


omg same



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests