Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:48 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:49 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:52 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:52 pm

canafsa wrote:
Monday wrote:
canafsa wrote:Well, I'm about ready to call it. Hope for a 2/14 JS2 flatlined at 4:47 pm.

To be revived tomorrow 7:30 a.m. EST.


Wednesday feels unlikely somehow. I'm guessing the Thursday after next is most plausible.


Why not this Thursday?

User avatar
Saul Berenson

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Saul Berenson » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Was worth a shot.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:54 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:00 pm

canafsa wrote:
curry1 wrote:
canafsa wrote:
Monday wrote:
canafsa wrote:Well, I'm about ready to call it. Hope for a 2/14 JS2 flatlined at 4:47 pm.

To be revived tomorrow 7:30 a.m. EST.


Wednesday feels unlikely somehow. I'm guessing the Thursday after next is most plausible.


Why not this Thursday?


My gut tells me definitely not. It feels too soon, and it would be uncharacteristically generous for the admissions office to end our suffering a single moment before it is absolutely necessary.


Very good point, sadism is the Cambridge way.

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:03 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

latif

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby latif » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Any kind soul out there want to post how many JS2 waves went out and when? Judging by last year's time table, if they went out this Thursday and Friday (Feb 16-17) it would mean that they are about a week behind.

JS2 waves for the c/o 2019
1st wave: 12/8/15
2nd wave: 1/14/16
3rd wave: 1/15/16
4th wave: 2/11/16
5th wave: 2/12/16
6th wave: 3/10/16
7th wave: 3/11/16
8th wave: 3/28/16

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:05 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SmallK » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Monday wrote:
latif wrote:Any kind soul out there want to post how many JS2 waves went out and when? Judging by last year's time table, if they went out this Thursday and Friday (Feb 16-17) it would mean that they are about a week behind.

JS2 waves for the c/o 2019
1st wave: 12/8/15
2nd wave: 1/14/16
3rd wave: 1/15/16
4th wave: 2/11/16
5th wave: 2/12/16
6th wave: 3/10/16
7th wave: 3/11/16
8th wave: 3/28/16

LSN shows 2 waves: 12/19 and 1/25


02/16 and 02/17 wouldn't be that much of a stretch, then, since it would get it back on the Dec. schedule, more or less.

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ayylmao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Any reason why they've made so few offers at this point? Is this abnormal or just how H rolls?

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:12 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:12 pm

No mOre JS2 complaints! They need to be concentrating on JS1!

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:14 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:16 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latif

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby latif » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 pm

canafsa wrote:
ayylmao wrote:Any reason why they've made so few offers at this point? Is this abnormal or just how H rolls?



We've done something to offend Them.... Starting to wonder if a sacrifice isn't in order.


I welcome speculation, I think that the drop in high LSAT scores is leading them to focus on their medians? Is there anyone who is above 75th and at least above 25th that hasn't gotten a JS1?

User avatar
nimbus cloud

Silver
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nimbus cloud » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:20 pm

jjcorvino wrote:No mOre JS2 complaints! They need to be concentrating on JS1!


+1.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:No mOre JS2 complaints! They need to be concentrating on JS1!


+1.

+2

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:25 pm

latif wrote:
canafsa wrote:
ayylmao wrote:Any reason why they've made so few offers at this point? Is this abnormal or just how H rolls?



We've done something to offend Them.... Starting to wonder if a sacrifice isn't in order.


I welcome speculation, I think that the drop in high LSAT scores is leading them to focus on their medians? Is there anyone who is above 75th and at least above 25th that hasn't gotten a JS1?

MS9 said the decision process has been slower across the board this cycle. I believe this can be attributed (at least in in part) to the lower LSAT scores and lower number of applicants

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:25 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:27 pm

canafsa wrote:
nimbus cloud wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:No mOre JS2 complaints! They need to be concentrating on JS1!


+1.


No, trust me, the wait is worse on the other side.

+1

wheathins

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wheathins » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:28 pm

.
Last edited by wheathins on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xn3345

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xn3345 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:29 pm

wheathins wrote:Anyone with LSAT/GPA at or above medians and still haven't gotten JS1?

Are we like, done? Finished? Discarded?


Do not go gently into that good night (Above both medians here).



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests