Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2%
Tuesday 3/28
17%
Wednesday 3/29
33%
Thursday 3/30
12%
Friday 3/31
27%
Saturday 4/1
9%

Total votes: 107

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:10 pm

crookedsmile wrote:Thanks Assasin. here's hoping that they'll acknowledge my upward trend and that your GPA didn't take too bad a hit! UCSB is beautiful btw.

Haha +1!
And it really is. Always wished they had a law school. But instead, most of the great law schools are in places with the opposite type of weather. Good luck w your Harvard app!

admin24

New

Postby admin24 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:35 pm

This question is regarding all Law Schools not just H. Isn't the whole URM has an advantage thing pure racism. I don't mean to spark a fight/debate but this hypocrisy has always bothered me. Can someone please help me understand why it isn't racism? Thanks.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:35 pm

admin24 wrote:This question is regarding all Law Schools not just H. Isn't the whole URM has an advantage thing pure racism. I don't mean to spark a fight/debate but this hypocrisy has always bothered me. Can someone please help me understand why it isn't racism? Thanks.

Really? Not the place to discuss this.

VapidP

Bronze

Postby VapidP » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

admin24 wrote:This question is regarding all Law Schools not just H. Isn't the whole URM has an advantage thing pure racism. I don't mean to spark a fight/debate but this hypocrisy has always bothered me. Can someone please help me understand why it isn't racism? Thanks.

Long story short Affirmative Action =/= Racism

admin24

New

Postby admin24 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Pozzo wrote:

Actually I couldn't think of a better place to discuss this.

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Pozzo wrote:

+10000

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:41 pm

admin24 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

This forum is called "Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists". It is clearly for people who wish to discuss acceptances, denials, and waitlists. If you're sharing news or looking for news on an acceptance, denial, or waitlist, then this forum is for you.

If you've already been accepted and shared the details of that, and want to discuss or weigh your options, you should try to have those discussions in the "Choosing a Law School" forum or threads dedicated to already-admitted students. You will probably get much better responses there.

Normal discussion between applicants is fine, but this forum is NOT the place for non-applicants to argue or debate which law schools are worth attending and under what circumstances. The threads here typically involve people who have already decided to apply and are seeking or sharing news on the state of their applications. You and them and everyone else are all free to discuss whether or not attending is a good idea in the appropriate forum, not here.

Starting or perpetuating arguments here about whether a school is worth attending may be deemed trolling and get you banned.

Lastly, to everyone who has applied and is seeking information on the status of their application: This is the forum for you, but I implore you to read and post in the other forums and fully weigh your options both before and after you're accepted to a school. It is your responsibility to yourself and your future to be fully educated about what you are doing, so please have those discussions in the appropriate forums before committing to attending a school.

Questions or concerns may be posted here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146657

admin24

New

Postby admin24 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:42 pm

VapidP wrote:

Couldnt agree more. I have always believed that. But i want to hear the other side.

I have a friend that applied to schools in September and none of the T-7 are even looking at him with his numbers.Then I go on LSN and see that URM's with LOWER numbers are already in.

texteach

Bronze

Postby texteach » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Last edited by texteach on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crookedsmile

Bronze

Postby crookedsmile » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
admin24 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

This forum is called "Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists". It is clearly for people who wish to discuss acceptances, denials, and waitlists. If you're sharing news or looking for news on an acceptance, denial, or waitlist, then this forum is for you.

If you've already been accepted and shared the details of that, and want to discuss or weigh your options, you should try to have those discussions in the "Choosing a Law School" forum or threads dedicated to already-admitted students. You will probably get much better responses there.

Normal discussion between applicants is fine, but this forum is NOT the place for non-applicants to argue or debate which law schools are worth attending and under what circumstances. The threads here typically involve people who have already decided to apply and are seeking or sharing news on the state of their applications. You and them and everyone else are all free to discuss whether or not attending is a good idea in the appropriate forum, not here.

Starting or perpetuating arguments here about whether a school is worth attending may be deemed trolling and get you banned.

Lastly, to everyone who has applied and is seeking information on the status of their application: This is the forum for you, but I implore you to read and post in the other forums and fully weigh your options both before and after you're accepted to a school. It is your responsibility to yourself and your future to be fully educated about what you are doing, so please have those discussions in the appropriate forums before committing to attending a school.

+1

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:47 pm

admin24 wrote:
VapidP wrote:

Couldnt agree more. I have always believed that. But i want to hear the other side.

I have a friend that applied to schools in September and none of the T-7 are even looking at him with his numbers.Then I go on LSN and see that URM's with LOWER numbers are already in.

Sucks for your friend LMAO
Please depart and have several seats while you're at it, sis.

admin24

New

Postby admin24 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:48 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
admin24 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

So when people continuously make corny dumb jokes about edible arrangements that's fine. But when I want to have a serious conversation (which I'm assuming is against your beliefs and thats why your shutting me down) then we revert to the "This forum is called "Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists" crap. Classic.

Wilfred2013

New

Postby Wilfred2013 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Is that you, Senator Sessions? Shouldn't you be practicing not saying overtly racist things somewhere?

hammy393

Bronze

Postby hammy393 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:51 pm

looks like someone needs an edible arrangements :shock:

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:51 pm

admin24 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
admin24 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

So when people continuously make corny dumb jokes about edible arrangements that's fine. But when I want to have a serious conversation (which I'm assuming is against your beliefs and thats why your shutting me down) then we revert to the "This forum is called "Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists" crap. Classic.

I'm not against serious conversations. This just isn't the place for it. I copied and pasted the rules of this particular thread for you in case you weren't aware. If you want to go ahead and not follow those rules then carry on.

VapidP

Bronze

Postby VapidP » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:51 pm

admin24 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
admin24 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

Nah. I'm pretty sure your getting shut down because these conversations tend to derail into a shitstorm because people have passionate opinions about it. Edible arrangement trolling (which was still at least in the same spirit of admissions as people were talking about whether or not to send stuff after the interview) while totally useless, is 1) entertaining and 2) will just go away quickly. An argument about the merits of Affirmative Action by a bunch of people who want to go to law school will quickly devolve into a shouting match

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:52 pm

admin24 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

You are not allowed to discuss this in the on-topics section of this website. You may only discuss affirmative action and the validity/value of the URM boost in the affirmative action thread in the lounge. Further discussion of the matter in this thread will result in a ban.

Edit to add: I'm going to be incommunicado for a bit so if this continues please report the post so another mod can see it.

crookedsmile

Bronze

Postby crookedsmile » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:52 pm

hammy393 wrote:looks like someone needs an edible arrangements :shock:

Laaawl.

texteach

Bronze

Postby texteach » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Last edited by texteach on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:12 pm

texteach wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

Laaawl.

:lol: yesss.

+1

But like...me too. That way I can stress eat fruit while waiting for decisions INSTEAD OF an entire bag of potato chips

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:14 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
texteach wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

Laaawl.

+1

But like...me too. That way I can stress eat fruit while waiting for decisions INSTEAD OF an entire bag of potato chips

It's so hard to not eat a whole bag of chips once you start. Struggle of my life lol.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:14 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
texteach wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

Laaawl.

+1

Imma send you a cookie bouquet.

admin24

New

Postby admin24 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:15 pm

I apologize people for bringing the subject up on this thread. I'm sorry. Now where is my JS2??????? :twisted:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Edit: I see this has already been adjudicated and doesn't require me jumping on

Foniks

New

Postby Foniks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Threw out a Hail Mary app mid-January, and had a JS1 yesterday. I went from "not even concerned," and "there's no way in hell," to "now I'm checking this site multiple times a day" and "maybe there's a chance..."

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?