Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Next JS2 wave(s) will be...

Monday 3/27
2
2%
Tuesday 3/28
18
17%
Wednesday 3/29
35
33%
Thursday 3/30
13
12%
Friday 3/31
29
27%
Saturday 4/1
10
9%
 
Total votes: 107

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawbatman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:13 pm

quigleyest wrote:That said, should I submit an application to HLS now before my transcript gets in? Would putting my application in the queue help at all? I know I do not have great chances at admission.

On the other hand, no harm in giving it all my best shot on Sept 1?


I am no admissions guru but here's my thoughts:

If you've decided to apply this year, there is no reason to delay submitting your application unless it needs more time to be polished.
If you want to apply next year, then sure - get your application ready to hit submit for Sept. 1.

User avatar
Kinch08

Bronze
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kinch08 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Finally submitted my application! I was waiting for my last LOR for what felt like forever. Pumped to play this waiting game.

174/3.87, average (possibly slightly below average) softs.

The application says that it sometimes takes weeks to process an application, and that applications that are processed after 2/1 aren't guaranteed a response by 4/1 - does anyone have insight on whether mine'll get through in the two weeks before the deadline?

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 am

Kinch08 wrote:Finally submitted my application! I was waiting for my last LOR for what felt like forever. Pumped to play this waiting game.

174/3.87, average (possibly slightly below average) softs.

The application says that it sometimes takes weeks to process an application, and that applications that are processed after 2/1 aren't guaranteed a response by 4/1 - does anyone have insight on whether mine'll get through in the two weeks before the deadline?

I submitted mine on the later side of things, and it took just over a week to go complete. I think you should be good.

CPA-->JD

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CPA-->JD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 am

Pozzo wrote:
Kinch08 wrote:Finally submitted my application! I was waiting for my last LOR for what felt like forever. Pumped to play this waiting game.

174/3.87, average (possibly slightly below average) softs.

The application says that it sometimes takes weeks to process an application, and that applications that are processed after 2/1 aren't guaranteed a response by 4/1 - does anyone have insight on whether mine'll get through in the two weeks before the deadline?

I submitted mine on the later side of things, and it took just over a week to go complete. I think you should be good.

I submitted 1/4 and am still not complete. 173/3.93 fwiw

acz26

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby acz26 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Has anyone received a JS1 this week?

User avatar
RictusErectus

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RictusErectus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:03 pm

anytime now would be a GREAT occasion for them to sit down, have that committee meeting, and send out another round of JS2s.

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sittykitty » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:43 pm

acz26 wrote:Has anyone received a JS1 this week?


I haven't, but as a splitter, I'm not expecting one for at least another month. Or at least, that's what I tell myself while I obsessively refresh my email.

memphis7598

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby memphis7598 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:29 pm

RictusErectus wrote:anytime now would be a GREAT occasion for them to sit down, have that committee meeting, and send out another round of JS2s.


This Friday would be very nice

User avatar
forum_user

Silver
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby forum_user » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:40 pm

memphis7598 wrote:
RictusErectus wrote:anytime now would be a GREAT occasion for them to sit down, have that committee meeting, and send out another round of JS2s.


This Friday would be very nice

We've already passed the dates for the previous January JS2 waves:
2nd wave: 1/14/16
3rd wave: 1/15/16

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby laqueredup » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:43 pm

.
Last edited by laqueredup on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sittykitty » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm

laqueredup wrote:
forum_user wrote:
memphis7598 wrote:
RictusErectus wrote:anytime now would be a GREAT occasion for them to sit down, have that committee meeting, and send out another round of JS2s.


This Friday would be very nice

We've already passed the dates for the previous January JS2 waves:
2nd wave: 1/14/16
3rd wave: 1/15/16


Maybe the reduction in 171 and up scores has thrown them for a loop and they are just going to take everyone.


Pray

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cherrygalore » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:00 pm

So I decided not to apply this cycle, but I just got an email from Harvard Law Womens Association asking me to apply and to contact them with any questions about the LS and if I want to talk to alums about their experience there. They were encouraging me to apply and hoping that if I attended I would join their association. Did anyone else get this? Does this mean anything? I decided not to apply because I felt my LSAT was too low (retaking in June), but I feel like it's cruel to keep sending me emails to apply just to be like JK you can't come here.

User avatar
Smc1994

Silver
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Smc1994 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:07 pm

JS1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:08 pm

JS1 finally gadhdammit

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 pm

cherrygalore wrote:So I decided not to apply this cycle, but I just got an email from Harvard Law Womens Association asking me to apply and to contact them with any questions about the LS and if I want to talk to alums about their experience there. They were encouraging me to apply and hoping that if I attended I would join their association. Did anyone else get this? Does this mean anything? I decided not to apply because I felt my LSAT was too low (retaking in June), but I feel like it's cruel to keep sending me emails to apply just to be like JK you can't come here.

How did your LSAT and GPA compare to the HLS medians? Idk, I remember you were killing it on PTs. You could very well have a good chance.

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 pm

-
Last edited by bgt1995 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

youngwarrior

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby youngwarrior » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:10 pm

TAD wrote:JS1 finally gadhdammit


You got into Yale, what are you doing in here with us harvard peasants ? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by youngwarrior on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acz26

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby acz26 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:11 pm

JS1 finally wow this wait has been painful thank the lord

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sittykitty » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Congratulations to new JS1s! But also, I hate you.

User avatar
xn3345

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xn3345 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:12 pm

sittykitty wrote:Congratulations to new JS1s! But also, I hate you.

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cherrygalore » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Instrumental wrote:How did your LSAT and GPA compare to the HLS medians? Idk, I remember you were killing it on PTs. You could very well have a good chance.


My GPA is significantly below their 25th, which is why I wasn't going to apply because I didn't perform on my LSAT like I was on my PTs--I'm at their 50th.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 pm

xn3345 wrote:
sittykitty wrote:Congratulations to new JS1s! But also, I hate you.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:14 pm

acz26 wrote:JS1 finally wow this wait has been painful thank the lord

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby btruj777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:16 pm

JS1 Invite. I do not know what to expect 167/3.96, would they waste time interviewing if I did not have a shot? I think I am like Soft-URM Cuban/Peruvian. Super shocked.

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sittykitty » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Honestly I don't know what I'm waiting on a JS1 for it's not like my amazing Skype personality is going to undo my GPA



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests