*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
masterz

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:20 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby masterz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:05 am

TheMikey wrote:
masterz wrote:Guys, on-campus interview appointments just went live.

Question about this: are people who don't get interviews less likely to be admitted as opposed to someone who does?


Well I don't know much about this but interview for ED applicants is required.

But if you look at their assistant dean's interview (even though it was conducted in 2009), they seem to value interviews quite a lot.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/johann-l ... rview.html

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:34 pm

masterz wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
masterz wrote:Guys, on-campus interview appointments just went live.

Question about this: are people who don't get interviews less likely to be admitted as opposed to someone who does?


Well I don't know much about this but interview for ED applicants is required.

But if you look at their assistant dean's interview (even though it was conducted in 2009), they seem to value interviews quite a lot.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/johann-l ... rview.html

you don't 'get' interviews, you just sign up for them. so basically anyone who wants to interview can interview, like GULC.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:40 pm

proteinshake wrote:
masterz wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
masterz wrote:Guys, on-campus interview appointments just went live.

Question about this: are people who don't get interviews less likely to be admitted as opposed to someone who does?


Well I don't know much about this but interview for ED applicants is required.

But if you look at their assistant dean's interview (even though it was conducted in 2009), they seem to value interviews quite a lot.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/johann-l ... rview.html

you don't 'get' interviews, you just sign up for them. so basically anyone who wants to interview can interview, like GULC.

Ahh ok I see, Thanks! I know this is the NU thread but while we're on this topic and I know you applied to Cornell last cycle. I remember seeing people from Cornell's app thread last cycle that people were getting phone interviews with an automated machine, are those also ones that people 'sign up' for?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:44 pm


you don't 'get' interviews, you just sign
Ahh ok I see, Thanks! I know this is the NU thread but while we're on this topic and I know you applied to Cornell last cycle. I remember seeing people from Cornell's app thread last cycle that people were getting phone interviews with an automated machine, are those also ones that people 'sign up' for?[/quote]
nope, those are requested, and anyone who got accepted got an interview first. It's actually on the computer and you basically just do three questions and you get recorded for a minute answering each question. it's really easy.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:47 pm

proteinshake wrote:nope, those are requested, and anyone who got accepted got an interview first. It's actually on the computer and you basically just do three questions and you get recorded for a minute answering each question. it's really easy.

oh iight cool. Just curios, what kind of stuff did they ask?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:49 pm

TheMikey wrote:
proteinshake wrote:nope, those are requested, and anyone who got accepted got an interview first. It's actually on the computer and you basically just do three questions and you get recorded for a minute answering each question. it's really easy.

oh iight cool. Just curios, what kind of stuff did they ask?

I'm on my phone right now but when I get on the laptop I'll copy and paste a little of like 20 questions they tend to ask in the Cornell thread.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:51 pm

proteinshake wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
proteinshake wrote:nope, those are requested, and anyone who got accepted got an interview first. It's actually on the computer and you basically just do three questions and you get recorded for a minute answering each question. it's really easy.

oh iight cool. Just curios, what kind of stuff did they ask?

I'm on my phone right now but when I get on the laptop I'll copy and paste a little of like 20 questions they tend to ask in the Cornell thread.

Alright cool, thanks!!!

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:37 pm

What's the verdict on NW application fees? I know last year they waived them til like december, but it looks like they are currently charging them this year. Anyone had luck requesting a waiver through their website?

lnsl123

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lnsl123 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:44 pm

.
Last edited by lnsl123 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 pm

I interviewed on-campus last cycle and the questions they asked me were pretty vanilla, imo.

*Why Law
*Why UG
*Why NU
*What are your career goals
*What type of law

Be prepared to talk about your resume, and don't be nervous. More than likely, a 2L will be interviewing you (if on-campus).
Last edited by alpha kenny body on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:47 pm

TexasENG wrote:What's the verdict on NW application fees? I know last year they waived them til like december, but it looks like they are currently charging them this year. Anyone had luck requesting a waiver through their website?

If I'm not mistaken, they might have a fee waiver code on their website, or you'll just have to e-mail them and ask for one.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:30 pm

fips tedora wrote:
TexasENG wrote:What's the verdict on NW application fees? I know last year they waived them til like december, but it looks like they are currently charging them this year. Anyone had luck requesting a waiver through their website?

If I'm not mistaken, they might have a fee waiver code on their website, or you'll just have to e-mail them and ask for one.



Via their website:

"We are offering application fee waivers to all JD applicants who submit an application from September 1, 2016 to December 1, 2016. More information may be found on our Apply page. After December 1, 2016, applicants may submit an application for a need-based application fee waiver. Each year we also offer fee waivers through LSAC's Credential Referral Service. In order to be considered, be sure to check the CRS box when registering your LSAC account. If LSAC has provided you with a fee waiver, please email us a copy of that letter with your request for a fee waiver specifically from Northwestern Pritzker Law."

After being directed to the Apply page, I saw this fee waiver request form: https://apply.law.northwestern.edu/regi ... tfeewaiver which just asks for your name, email, street address, and program of interest. Directions say to fill it out and they'll get back to you with additional info.

Edit: Once you submit the fee waiver request form, you get an email informing you that they'll be sending you a fee waiver code in 24-48 hours (and some more info).

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:12 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Checking in. NU is definitely one of my top choices. Does anyone have experience with the online interview? What questions should I expect?

User avatar
SilverSurfer2020

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SilverSurfer2020 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:23 pm

Checking in, just a young lad straight outta undergrad but we'll see how this goes.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Threw the ED app. I'm tired of playing games, and my condo is in walking distance. Why fight?

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:51 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:39 pm

TexasENG wrote:God just did the online interview. That is a truly terrible format. 1 minute response is essentially nothing, and left in a bind multiple times as I tried to give a snippet of background / the scenario and then explain. I think it should be at least 3 minutes with the option to stop recording early if you can conclude your answer. That would give them an ~18 minute video and a more reasonable basis for evaluation.

Cornell is the exact same.

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:38 am

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:42 am

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:07 pm

TexasENG wrote:
zeglo wrote:How you interviewing already? Not doing an in person at all? I requested off campus but in person.


I did their online interview. Its a weird platform, where you are asked a question via a video and then respond. Its not with an actual person. I wasn't able to do an off campus in person interview because I can't take off work for it.


So you'd recommend off-campus if possible?

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:13 pm

<3
Last edited by chasima on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:17 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:24 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:35 pm

<3
Last edited by chasima on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raidr and 5 guests