*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 pm

TripleM wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Hobbesy wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:SEE Y'ALL ON OUR GORGEOUS CAMPUS THIS FALL!!!!!
#depozittime


Congrats! Think I will see you there


Same! Can't wait to hopefully meet you both :)


Pretty sure I'll also see you all there, but I need to spend the next week or two negotiating with some other schools. Psyched to see everyone at ASW.

You all going to the ASW next weekend? Will it be the only one? It's really last minute but I might try to make it.


Yep! I only live about 50 minutes away, so I'd be pretty dumb to skip. I think it's the only one. You should definitely try to pop in!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????

Scurvy Cur

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Scurvy Cur » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:10 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
TripleM wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Hobbesy wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:SEE Y'ALL ON OUR GORGEOUS CAMPUS THIS FALL!!!!!
#depozittime


Congrats! Think I will see you there


Same! Can't wait to hopefully meet you both :)


Pretty sure I'll also see you all there, but I need to spend the next week or two negotiating with some other schools. Psyched to see everyone at ASW.

You all going to the ASW next weekend? Will it be the only one? It's really last minute but I might try to make it.


Yep! I only live about 50 minutes away, so I'd be pretty dumb to skip. I think it's the only one. You should definitely try to pop in!


I will at the very least be at ASW. Excited to see you all in a week.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:22 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


Where are we meeting for drinks next weekend? (I actually probably won't make it out Thursday night if people are)

User avatar
dasq5511

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dasq5511 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:11 pm

Anyone else splitting time between Chicago ASD and NU? I think I'll only be able to make it for Thursday at NU..

Hobbesy

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Hobbesy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 pm

dasq5511 wrote:Anyone else splitting time between Chicago ASD and NU? I think I'll only be able to make it for Thursday at NU..

I'm considering visiting Chicago for the sake of doing so..but they've been radio silent so I'm kinda meh about it.
guybourdin wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


Where are we meeting for drinks next weekend? (I actually probably won't make it out Thursday night if people are)

Asking the important questions! I'm going to attend the diversity event on Thursday. I don't know if I'm going to do both days of ASW, leaning toward Friday.

I'll be around all weekend though so pick a day/time/location and I'll be there! (I've never been to Chicago)

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearedman8 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:34 am

dasq5511 wrote:Anyone else splitting time between Chicago ASD and NU? I think I'll only be able to make it for Thursday at NU..


That's what I'm doing. I'm thinking I'll do Thursday/Friday and Chicago and Saturday at NU, but not 100% sure at this point.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:16 am

guybourdin wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


Where are we meeting for drinks next weekend? (I actually probably won't make it out Thursday night if people are)


Ayeee! I know you won't be here Sybil :( but as for going out, should we do something Friday night?

Also I'm going to try to live close to campus but affordable. What about y'all?

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby thatlawlkid » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:54 am

2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


Where are we meeting for drinks next weekend? (I actually probably won't make it out Thursday night if people are)


Ayeee! I know you won't be here Sybil :( but as for going out, should we do something Friday night?

Also I'm going to try to live close to campus but affordable. What about y'all?

Hey I'd like some of that friendship stuff too, but I wont be at ASW :oops: does this mean I can't sit with the cool kids?

User avatar
shehulk16

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shehulk16 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 am

blelwoods wrote:
shehulk16 wrote:I also got in today!



Around what time? Also, do you mind sharing your numbers? :D


Of course, sorry! Got the e-mail at 2:30pm CST yesterday
Last edited by shehulk16 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 am

thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


Where are we meeting for drinks next weekend? (I actually probably won't make it out Thursday night if people are)


Ayeee! I know you won't be here Sybil :( but as for going out, should we do something Friday night?

Also I'm going to try to live close to campus but affordable. What about y'all?

Hey I'd like some of that friendship stuff too, but I wont be at ASW :oops: does this mean I can't sit with the cool kids?



LOL CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU FRIEND!

RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


No clue, but I'm trying to pay $1,000 in rent a month. I'm not sure if this is possible, but hopefully I can find somewhere 20-25 minutes away that can do this.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:45 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


No clue, but I'm trying to pay $1,000 in rent a month. I'm not sure if this is possible, but hopefully I can find somewhere 20-25 minutes away that can do this.


My commute will be about 40-45 minutes. I've been in Chicago for a few years and like my neighborhood. Doubt there will be many students around/wouldn't recommend it if you're new to the city.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:58 pm

guybourdin wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


No clue, but I'm trying to pay $1,000 in rent a month. I'm not sure if this is possible, but hopefully I can find somewhere 20-25 minutes away that can do this.


My commute will be about 40-45 minutes. I've been in Chicago for a few years and like my neighborhood. Doubt there will be many students around/wouldn't recommend it if you're new to the city.


Mind sharing what neighborhood you live in? I wouldn't mind that sort of commute, and I'm very comfortable with Chicago, because I've lived in the burbs for a few years now.

RPlatt85

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RPlatt85 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm probably going to be withdrawing my application come Monday - not enough scholarship money for me to turn down another school. Hoping the place goes to one of you all!

RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:17 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:I'm probably going to be withdrawing my application come Monday - not enough scholarship money for me to turn down another school. Hoping the place goes to one of you all!


Where do you think you'll end up instead?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:35 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


No clue, but I'm trying to pay $1,000 in rent a month. I'm not sure if this is possible, but hopefully I can find somewhere 20-25 minutes away that can do this.


My commute will be about 40-45 minutes. I've been in Chicago for a few years and like my neighborhood. Doubt there will be many students around/wouldn't recommend it if you're new to the city.


Mind sharing what neighborhood you live in? I wouldn't mind that sort of commute, and I'm very comfortable with Chicago, because I've lived in the burbs for a few years now.


I'm off the western Brown line right now (Lincoln square, Ravenswood). I would like a new apartment, ideally right around here, but definitely somewhere b.t Paulina and Fransisco (north center, Ravenswood, Lincoln square, Ravenswood garden, Albany park area).

RPlatt85

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RPlatt85 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:39 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:I'm probably going to be withdrawing my application come Monday - not enough scholarship money for me to turn down another school. Hoping the place goes to one of you all!


Where do you think you'll end up instead?


Thinking Michigan right now - good money and Ann Arbor seems fun

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:38 am

guybourdin wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:

TripleM wrote:

Hobbesy wrote:

guybourdin wrote:

2000andBeyond wrote:


Omg guys! i wanna be friends with you all. Where are we living????


No clue, but I'm trying to pay $1,000 in rent a month. I'm not sure if this is possible, but hopefully I can find somewhere 20-25 minutes away that can do this.


My commute will be about 40-45 minutes. I've been in Chicago for a few years and like my neighborhood. Doubt there will be many students around/wouldn't recommend it if you're new to the city.


Mind sharing what neighborhood you live in? I wouldn't mind that sort of commute, and I'm very comfortable with Chicago, because I've lived in the burbs for a few years now.


I'm off the western Brown line right now (Lincoln square, Ravenswood). I would like a new apartment, ideally right around here, but definitely somewhere b.t Paulina and Fransisco (north center, Ravenswood, Lincoln square, Ravenswood garden, Albany park area).

Roscoe Village is a good call too; you could take the brown line at Paulina to Chicago and walk to school from the station. I have friends that live there and it's doable.

User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:35 am

Best Neighborhoods in Chicago: Logan Square (currently live now and it's the closest thing I could find to So Cal diversity! Chicago is SUPER segregated), Pilsen, Wicker Park, South Loop, Lincoln Park, Roscoe Vill is cool but much more of a family neighborhood, Old Town, and Bridgeport.

The_Gavel

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:27 am

Just dinged

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:38 am

alexp wrote:Just dinged


:( Sorry to hear that...

The_Gavel

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:48 am

*
Last edited by The_Gavel on Wed May 24, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:48 am

alexp wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
alexp wrote:Just dinged


:( Sorry to hear that...


Thanks, I'm at least happy to finally have a decision


Do you know where you're going to be heading now?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:37 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:The sun'll come out, toooomorrow

Dude, where tf have you been? Also, whats your cycle looking like. You can pm me if you wanna be anon.



Yoooooo

I've been around but I mostly post in June 17 lsat thread now. I'm riding waitlists from UVA down so that's fun

I was certain I'd be in the wave this Friday but no dice
You know where you're goin yet?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests