*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bourbon Democrat

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Bourbon Democrat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:06 pm

twochipmunks wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:
Bourbon Democrat wrote:The scholarship committee is meeting this Friday at 10am to finalize scholly offers. So don't expect anything until then


I'm calling troll on this unless we can get some further explanation as to where this info came from


agreed! you can't be pablo if your work ain't sellin!!!!!


Who drops knowledge like that and then disappears? Def a troll.


Not trolling, sorry for ghosting.

The information was obtained per discussion with the director of admissions at one of the admitted students dinners last week.

notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:So, any guesses on scholarship info now that we're in the 2/2 weeks from the application?

I'd guess by Friday 3/24. The latest it's been in the last 3 years is 3/27 which falls on this Monday. Usually stuff like this doesn't fall on Mondays. My rationale is: if it could be released on Monday, offices tend to rush the Friday before to finish it before the weekend.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:57 pm

if they met friday to finalize I'd say we're hearing this week for sure. yay!

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 pm

notsolawful wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:So, any guesses on scholarship info now that we're in the 2/2 weeks from the application?

I'd guess by Friday 3/24. The latest it's been in the last 3 years is 3/27 which falls on this Monday. Usually stuff like this doesn't fall on Mondays. My rationale is: if it could be released on Monday, offices tend to rush the Friday before to finish it before the weekend.


Friday the last 2 years, Thursday the year before that. Probably as good a guess as any.

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby twochipmunks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 pm

guybourdin wrote:
notsolawful wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:So, any guesses on scholarship info now that we're in the 2/2 weeks from the application?

I'd guess by Friday 3/24. The latest it's been in the last 3 years is 3/27 which falls on this Monday. Usually stuff like this doesn't fall on Mondays. My rationale is: if it could be released on Monday, offices tend to rush the Friday before to finish it before the weekend.


Friday the last 2 years, Thursday the year before that. Probably as good a guess as any.


Seems like it might be standard for them to meet on Friday mornings. So my guess is Friday afternoon, like last year.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kopetz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Just got my scholarship app in (with FAFSA and CSS already done.) It feels good. That 7-day application window for post-deadline admits really lights a fire under you.
Last edited by Kopetz on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Kopetz wrote:Just got my scholarship .


Stopped reading after that, panicked, kept reading and was disappointed lol

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Just got my scholarship .


Stopped reading after that, panicked, kept reading and was disappointed lol


saw your post first and was like WHAA

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kopetz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Just got my scholarship .


Stopped reading after that, panicked, kept reading and was disappointed lol


saw your post first and was like WHAA


fixed it for u guys

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Kopetz wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Just got my scholarship .


Stopped reading after that, panicked, kept reading and was disappointed lol


saw your post first and was like WHAA


fixed it for u guys

much better.

daydreamerxoxo

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby daydreamerxoxo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:37 am

OK, did anyone receive a decision without their complete date changing? I'm officially at week 10 today with no movement. GPA and LSAT both at 75%

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:36 pm

daydreamerxoxo wrote:OK, did anyone receive a decision without their complete date changing? I'm officially at week 10 today with no movement. GPA and LSAT both at 75%


Have you been checking DLS or just the status checker?

daydreamerxoxo

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby daydreamerxoxo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm

brinicolec wrote:
daydreamerxoxo wrote:OK, did anyone receive a decision without their complete date changing? I'm officially at week 10 today with no movement. GPA and LSAT both at 75%


Have you been checking DLS or just the status checker?


Both lol

adozendoughnuts

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby adozendoughnuts » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I heard from someone at admissions who told me that they hope to send out scholarship offers next week. Antici......












....pation.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:59 pm

adozendoughnuts wrote:Just thought I'd let y'all know that I heard from someone at admissions who told me that they hope to send out scholarship offers next week. Antici......












....pation.


first of all, thanks for the rhps reference.
secondly, we don't believe you.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
adozendoughnuts wrote:Just thought I'd let y'all know that I heard from someone at admissions who told me that they hope to send out scholarship offers next week. Antici......












....pation.


first of all, thanks for the rhps reference.
secondly, we don't believe you.


this better be fake news because i'm going to be upset if they don't get sent out until next week. it's almost april.

adozendoughnuts

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby adozendoughnuts » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm

.

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby twochipmunks » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
adozendoughnuts wrote:Just thought I'd let y'all know that I heard from someone at admissions who told me that they hope to send out scholarship offers next week. Antici......












....pation.


first of all, thanks for the rhps reference.
secondly, we don't believe you.


this better be fake news because i'm going to be upset if they don't get sent out until next week. it's almost april.


I applied in Sept/Oct, and all of my decision making is being held up by NU scholly. The fact that we have to wait until April 1 to get a decision based on 2 pages of info they've had for over 6 months is ridiculous.


ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 pm

When are the deposits?

Also, I submitted an LOCI yesterday morning and they never replied to say it's added to my file, etc. Is this standard? LASTLY, are there different types of WLs this year? THANKS :D

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah waiting for this scholarship information is just infuriating. What's the consensus for generosity this year, considering the huge amount of money they just got, along with the whole "awareness to student debt, and initiative to work on fixing it" they have mentioned?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 am

ray.bee wrote:When are the deposits?

Also, I submitted an LOCI yesterday morning and they never replied to say it's added to my file, etc. Is this standard? LASTLY, are there different types of WLs this year? THANKS :D


April 21 is the deposit deadline.

Idk the answer to the other questions.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 am

thatlawlkid wrote:Yeah waiting for this scholarship information is just infuriating. What's the consensus for generosity this year, considering the huge amount of money they just got, along with the whole "awareness to student debt, and initiative to work on fixing it" they have mentioned?


I would think that would mean more generosity. I just want to temper my own expectations so I'm not disappointed if that's not the case for me. But, as someone mentioned above, their scholarship amounts for people with the same stats have historically been all over the place. I think that means they look closely into our essays and what added value we would be bring to the class...

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 am

thatlawlkid wrote:Yeah waiting for this scholarship information is just infuriating. What's the consensus for generosity this year, considering the huge amount of money they just got, along with the whole "awareness to student debt, and initiative to work on fixing it" they have mentioned?


The assistant dean from another school I'm considering advised me to hold off on submitting my negotiation form until I had Northwestern's offer because they've been generous lately (I think she meant in recent years), so... I'm assuming/hoping they're still being generous.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

brinicolec wrote:
ray.bee wrote:When are the deposits?

Also, I submitted an LOCI yesterday morning and they never replied to say it's added to my file, etc. Is this standard? LASTLY, are there different types of WLs this year? THANKS :D


April 21 is the deposit deadline.

Idk the answer to the other questions.


I sent a LOCI after being held from ED. They just sent me an automatic reply. I called a week later to be sure it was added to my file.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tada77 and 9 guests