*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:06 pm

A ding wave? Shit...let me go hide for the next hour or so :cry:

cjar819

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cjar819 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:07 pm

blelwoods wrote:A ding wave? Shit...let me go hide for the next hour or so :cry:


Do dings happen all at the same time?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:17 pm

cjar819 wrote:
blelwoods wrote:A ding wave? Shit...let me go hide for the next hour or so :cry:


Do dings happen all at the same time?


No.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Do some ppl hear back before the 8 weeks or does everyone hear back within the 8-10 week window?
Via DLS, I see that my application was updated a second time on 2/15, with a 1/17 initial complete date.

User avatar
LegallyBlackJD

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LegallyBlackJD » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:44 pm

cjar819 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
EWofNell wrote:Can northeastern not



+1


+2


+33333333

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:51 pm

StopLawying wrote:Do some ppl hear back before the 8 weeks or does everyone hear back within the 8-10 week window?
Via DLS, I see that my application was updated a second time on 2/15, with a 1/17 initial complete date.


I think most people don't hear back early.

That basically just means you're UR2. I think I heard back about a month after seeing a new complete date, but my two complete dates were only ten days apart lol

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:59 pm

brinicolec wrote:
StopLawying wrote:Do some ppl hear back before the 8 weeks or does everyone hear back within the 8-10 week window?
Via DLS, I see that my application was updated a second time on 2/15, with a 1/17 initial complete date.


I think most people don't hear back early.

That basically just means you're UR2. I think I heard back about a month after seeing a new complete date, but my two complete dates were only ten days apart lol


Thanks for always responding, really appreciate it. Looks like I have a long time to go.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:00 pm

StopLawying wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
StopLawying wrote:Do some ppl hear back before the 8 weeks or does everyone hear back within the 8-10 week window?
Via DLS, I see that my application was updated a second time on 2/15, with a 1/17 initial complete date.


I think most people don't hear back early.

That basically just means you're UR2. I think I heard back about a month after seeing a new complete date, but my two complete dates were only ten days apart lol


Thanks for always responding, really appreciate it. Looks like I have a long time to go.


You might be okay lol. It's hard to know if they'll start speeding up the process.

User avatar
dbalkaran

Silver
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dbalkaran » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Dinged today around 3:30pm. Good luck to everyone else!

Zipman

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Zipman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Complete early January based on memory, but no date on status checker. No updates, and checker just says my application is complete and being reviewed. Should I email?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Zipman wrote:Complete early January based on memory, but no date on status checker. No updates, and checker just says my application is complete and being reviewed. Should I email?


Check the delivery letter system for dates before you do anything else.

Zipman

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Zipman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:00 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Zipman wrote:Complete early January based on memory, but no date on status checker. No updates, and checker just says my application is complete and being reviewed. Should I email?


Check the delivery letter system for dates before you do anything else.


Is that different than the status checker?.. I've got literally no dates on my checker besides the dates on my recommendations.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Zipman wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Zipman wrote:Complete early January based on memory, but no date on status checker. No updates, and checker just says my application is complete and being reviewed. Should I email?


Check the delivery letter system for dates before you do anything else.


Is that different than the status checker?.. I've got literally no dates on my checker besides the dates on my recommendations.


Yes, it's different that the status checker. There should be a link to it on the same page that provides a link to the status checker.

Zipman

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Zipman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Zipman wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Zipman wrote:Complete early January based on memory, but no date on status checker. No updates, and checker just says my application is complete and being reviewed. Should I email?


Check the delivery letter system for dates before you do anything else.


Is that different than the status checker?.. I've got literally no dates on my checker besides the dates on my recommendations.


Yes, it's different that the status checker. There should be a link to it on the same page that provides a link to the status checker.


Ah, quick google search. Apparently didn't go complete until 2/7 despite having all of my materials received in late December, so not to worry I guess!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Zipman wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Zipman wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Zipman wrote:Complete early January based on memory, but no date on status checker. No updates, and checker just says my application is complete and being reviewed. Should I email?


Check the delivery letter system for dates before you do anything else.


Is that different than the status checker?.. I've got literally no dates on my checker besides the dates on my recommendations.


Yes, it's different that the status checker. There should be a link to it on the same page that provides a link to the status checker.


Ah, quick google search. Apparently didn't go complete until 2/7 despite having all of my materials received in late December, so not to worry I guess!


That could also be a second complete date. Most people have a date change.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:25 pm

dbalkaran wrote:Dinged today around 3:30pm. Good luck to everyone else!

Me too, oh well

imtca

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby imtca » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 pm

just got waitlisted

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 pm

waitlisted today. very quick turnaround from receiving my new LSAT score and a decision. I'm thinking I was waitlisted because I asked them to hold my app for so long (due to the new score) but can't be sure.

LAME.

Not sure if there's a point in me staying on the waitlist...already been accepted to much higher-ranked schools, and NU wasn't very close to my list of top choices. :/

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:27 pm

airwrecka wrote:waitlisted today. very quick turnaround from receiving my new LSAT score and a decision. I'm thinking I was waitlisted because I asked them to hold my app for so long (due to the new score) but can't be sure.

LAME.

Not sure if there's a point in me staying on the waitlist...already been accepted to much higher-ranked schools, and NU wasn't very close to my list of top choices. :/

I've considered the same thing with a few schools, and ultimately just pulled my app.

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:33 pm

WL today. I hate their delivery system, it's so nerve-wracking :lol:

User avatar
carasrook

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby carasrook » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Has everyone who's heard received an email alerting them of a decision? I keep eagerly checking DLDS but don't want to if it's pointless

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby skurfy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:23 pm

WL. Fourth in the last seven days. Did get an e-mail about DLDS but it was in my promo folder.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:26 pm

carasrook wrote:Has everyone who's heard received an email alerting them of a decision? I keep eagerly checking DLDS but don't want to if it's pointless


I had an email telling me to go check DLDS because my decision was ready

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:29 pm

<checks thread, checks email>

yet another school that's completely ignoring me still

calgoldenbear

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calgoldenbear » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Did anyone who applied after Thanksgiving and hear back already?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests