Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
37
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
17
20%
no
18
22%
idk???
11
13%
 
Total votes: 83

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:43 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
VapidP wrote:
Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
potterotter wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............


There haven't been any decisions released in nine days. Last cycle, decisions were released at a minimum of every seven days starting in mid-February. :(

Hopefully there are some more decisions soon!


They've been a little behind this cycle from the beginning so I wouldn't worry about it. Theres still ~90 spots left :)


Any reason for them being a bit slower this year? Or is it just a random thing?


Lower LSAT scores?


Are we even sure that they are behind this year? I just checked the C/O 2019 thread, and the FB group size was reported as 168 (12 less than the current count) on 3/7/16.


12 = 5% of admits. Not that much behind, I guess. One wave, maybe?

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
VapidP wrote:
Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
potterotter wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............


There haven't been any decisions released in nine days. Last cycle, decisions were released at a minimum of every seven days starting in mid-February. :(

Hopefully there are some more decisions soon!


They've been a little behind this cycle from the beginning so I wouldn't worry about it. Theres still ~90 spots left :)


Any reason for them being a bit slower this year? Or is it just a random thing?


Lower LSAT scores?


Are we even sure that they are behind this year? I just checked the C/O 2019 thread, and the FB group size was reported as 168 (12 less than the current count) on 3/7/16.


12 = 5% of admits. Not that much behind, I guess. One wave, maybe?


It would actually mean that they are further along this year than they were at this time last year.

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:47 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Monday wrote:
Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Are we even sure that they are behind this year? I just checked the C/O 2019 thread, and the FB group size was reported as 168 (12 less than the current count) on 3/7/16.


12 = 5% of admits. Not that much behind, I guess. One wave, maybe?

No, we are 12 admits ahead this cycle.

E: scooped.


Yup. My bad.

bearspac12champs

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearspac12champs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:55 pm

FYI, I know someone who got accepted last saturday via email.

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 pm

bearspac12champs wrote:FYI, I know someone who got accepted last saturday via email.


Saturday 3/4 or Saturday 2/25?

bearspac12champs

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearspac12champs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
bearspac12champs wrote:FYI, I know someone who got accepted last saturday via email.


Saturday 3/4 or Saturday 2/25?



3/4

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:24 pm

bearspac12champs wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
bearspac12champs wrote:FYI, I know someone who got accepted last saturday via email.


Saturday 3/4 or Saturday 2/25?



3/4


Ah, interesting. I initially misread it as 2/25. Looks like they are back to their habit of sending out decisions over the weekends?

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 am

Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:12 pm

i'm pretty sure i've aged 10 years in the three months since i applied

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:26 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Probably not, would be my guess, but they're dependent on profs reading the files at this stage, so not sure if spring break will slow thiings down (or maybe the opposite?)

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:28 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Harvard doesn't close, unsure about Yale

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TudoBem » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:51 pm

sadie2law wrote:i'm pretty sure i've aged 10 years in the three months since i applied


+1

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:12 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KissMyAxe

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KissMyAxe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:24 pm

potterotter wrote:I want all my TLS friends to get in so we can be IRL friends :(


Speaking of which, congrats to all who have been accepted so far. I'm excited about seeing you in New Haven next year. If you have any questions to ask a student who isn't being paid to sell the school to you or just want to meet a friend IRL on here, shoot me a PM.

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:56 pm

potterotter wrote:I want all my TLS friends to get in so we can be IRL friends :(

Also, H released 2017-2018 COA and its 10k more than Y per year.


Fingers crossed for a wave today! :D

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm

potterotter wrote:I want all my TLS friends to get in so we can be IRL friends :(

Also, H released 2017-2018 COA and its 10k more than Y per year.


As much as I hate the idea of being $300k in debt, the COA difference definitely makes sense. Boston is a much more expensive place to live than New Haven.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:18 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
Fingers crossed for a wave today! :D


Any news on that matter? There should be a wave pretty soon ...

User avatar
KateMcKitten

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KateMcKitten » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm

hammy393 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Harvard doesn't close, unsure about Yale

There was a wave last year on the second Saturday of spring break (3/19), so I doubt they're closed during spring break. Does that mean chances are good for next Saturday? We shall seeee...

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:54 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Harvard doesn't close, unsure about Yale

There was a wave last year on the second Saturday of spring break (3/19), so I doubt they're closed during spring break. Does that mean chances are good for next Saturday? We shall seeee...


There was also a wave on the first Saturday of spring break last year (3/12), but it was a rejection wave.

User avatar
KateMcKitten

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KateMcKitten » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Harvard doesn't close, unsure about Yale

There was a wave last year on the second Saturday of spring break (3/19), so I doubt they're closed during spring break. Does that mean chances are good for next Saturday? We shall seeee...


There was also a wave on the first Saturday of spring break last year (3/12), but it was a rejection wave.

Keeping us realistic with the best and worst scenarios. I like it.

User avatar
batlaw

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby batlaw » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Yale 73 - Harvard 71 (Men's basketball, Ivy Semi-Final). I have decided I want to do an entire NCAA tournament bracket based on law schools.

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:14 am

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Harvard doesn't close, unsure about Yale

There was a wave last year on the second Saturday of spring break (3/19), so I doubt they're closed during spring break. Does that mean chances are good for next Saturday? We shall seeee...


There was also a wave on the first Saturday of spring break last year (3/12), but it was a rejection wave.


Honestly at this point even a rejection would be a relief. I just want to move on with my life.

User avatar
Kaziende

Bronze
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kaziende » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 am

sadie2law wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Does anyone know if the YLS admissions office closes over their spring break (which is next week)?


Harvard doesn't close, unsure about Yale

There was a wave last year on the second Saturday of spring break (3/19), so I doubt they're closed during spring break. Does that mean chances are good for next Saturday? We shall seeee...


There was also a wave on the first Saturday of spring break last year (3/12), but it was a rejection wave.


Honestly at this point even a rejection would be a relief. I just want to move on with my life.

^ This, real talk.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Kaziende wrote:
sadie2law wrote:Honestly at this point even a rejection would be a relief. I just want to move on with my life.

^ This, real talk.


Really?? I'd rather keep the hope going, I know I'll be very disappointed once I get the rejection email.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests