Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
37
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
17
20%
no
18
22%
idk???
11
13%
 
Total votes: 83

Dovaking

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dovaking » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:11 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:A rejection was just posted on LSN from 3/1/17. I didn't think there had been rejections yet...


Perhaps someone is just ultra-pessimistic and calling it early.

User avatar
KateMcKitten

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KateMcKitten » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:For people who check this kind of timeline:

Submitted 2/12, complete yesterday (3/2).

Similar here! Submitted 2/18, complete 3/3. It had a 4:30 am timestamp that I found amusing. They can just call if they're up all night thinking about me--I promise I'll take your call, baeY.

User avatar
Smc1994

Silver
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Smc1994 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:15 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:A rejection was just posted on LSN from 3/1/17. I didn't think there had been rejections yet...



I saw that, I wonder if the person put that in for the wrong school.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:
Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:For people who check this kind of timeline:

Submitted 2/12, complete yesterday (3/2).

Similar here! Submitted 2/18, complete 3/3. It had a 4:30 am timestamp that I found amusing. They can just call if they're up all night thinking about me--I promise I'll take your call, baeY.


k
Last edited by Gabriel_is_Satan on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:30 pm

If we're still waiting to hear back, what do we need to do in regards to financial aid applications?

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:36 pm

SweetTort wrote:If we're still waiting to hear back, what do we need to do in regards to financial aid applications?


You can only do FAFSA for now. You can't access their FAAST app until a few days after you're admitted

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 pm

hammy393 wrote:
SweetTort wrote:If we're still waiting to hear back, what do we need to do in regards to financial aid applications?


You can only do FAFSA for now. You can't access their FAAST app until a few days after you're admitted


Thanks fam!

User avatar
KateMcKitten

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KateMcKitten » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:For people who check this kind of timeline:

Submitted 2/12, complete yesterday (3/2).

Similar here! Submitted 2/18, complete 3/3. It had a 4:30 am timestamp that I found amusing. They can just call if they're up all night thinking about me--I promise I'll take your call, baeY.


Actually, I went complete on 3/3 at 4:31 am (EST). So same thing, to the minute. Maybe they check a box in the system when they're satisfied with your file, and then the emails get sent out by batches when no one is using the network anyway.

If true, I suppose I can also expect a rejection email at 4:30 am :mrgreen: That's not going to improve my nights :shock:

Mine was at 4:32 am! I guess I was the second choice complete booty call :oops:
Your theory makes much more sense. Smart use of the network.

nmwcppk

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nmwcppk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:30 am

Does it make sense to send an update at this point if I applied in November? It's a professional achievement but not particularly major, though it is related to things I discuss in my personal statement.

Daydreamer15

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Daydreamer15 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 am

nmwcppk wrote:Does it make sense to send an update at this point if I applied in November? It's a professional achievement but not particularly major, though it is related to things I discuss in my personal statement.


I think in Asha's blog she stated that once your file is being reviewed they won't take any update into consideration while its there. So what I understood is that while your file is under committee review, the update wont make a difference unless a decision was not made. That said, I sent an update to one of my dream schools and got admitted shortly after, so who knows.

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:13 am

Anyone want to speculate as to when the next wave will be?

User avatar
MrJD2020

Bronze
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MrJD2020 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:01 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Anyone want to speculate as to when the next wave will be?


No.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:05 pm

MrJD2020 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Anyone want to speculate as to when the next wave will be?


No.


an icon.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Got the e-mail notifying me I was complete and under review this morning! Submitted last Tuesday. Now just gonna ride this out until I get the ding :lol:

mathaddict

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mathaddict » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 pm

mm2368 wrote:
MrJD2020 wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Anyone want to speculate as to when the next wave will be?


No.


an icon.


the hero the people need

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 am

Is the Facebook group still standing pat at 180 members/invited members? Just want to make sure we didn't miss a wave here :D

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:00 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:36 pm

airwrecka wrote:Got the e-mail notifying me I was complete and under review this morning! Submitted last Tuesday. Now just gonna ride this out until I get the ding :lol:


Wow, that was fast. They're picking up the pace.

I should be getting that rejection anytime now. :twisted:

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dyebri » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 am

Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Got the e-mail notifying me I was complete and under review this morning! Submitted last Tuesday. Now just gonna ride this out until I get the ding :lol:


Wow, that was fast. They're picking up the pace.

I should be getting that rejection anytime now. :twisted:





Hopefully Ill be getting an acceptence soon

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:32 am

I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 am

pretzeltime wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............


There haven't been any decisions released in nine days. Last cycle, decisions were released at a minimum of every seven days starting in mid-February. :(

Hopefully there are some more decisions soon!

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:40 am

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:40 pm

potterotter wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............


There haven't been any decisions released in nine days. Last cycle, decisions were released at a minimum of every seven days starting in mid-February. :(

Hopefully there are some more decisions soon!


They've been a little behind this cycle from the beginning so I wouldn't worry about it. Theres still ~90 spots left :)


Any reason for them being a bit slower this year? Or is it just a random thing?

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VapidP » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
potterotter wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............


There haven't been any decisions released in nine days. Last cycle, decisions were released at a minimum of every seven days starting in mid-February. :(

Hopefully there are some more decisions soon!


They've been a little behind this cycle from the beginning so I wouldn't worry about it. Theres still ~90 spots left :)


Any reason for them being a bit slower this year? Or is it just a random thing?


Lower LSAT scores?

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 pm

VapidP wrote:
Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:
potterotter wrote:
AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing back until April 30th at the earliest. I am not pleased about it. Release me, Y............


There haven't been any decisions released in nine days. Last cycle, decisions were released at a minimum of every seven days starting in mid-February. :(

Hopefully there are some more decisions soon!


They've been a little behind this cycle from the beginning so I wouldn't worry about it. Theres still ~90 spots left :)


Any reason for them being a bit slower this year? Or is it just a random thing?


Lower LSAT scores?


Are we even sure that they are behind this year? I just checked the C/O 2019 thread, and the FB group size was reported as 168 (12 less than the current count) on 3/7/16.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mmac and 15 guests