Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
37
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
17
20%
no
18
22%
idk???
11
13%
 
Total votes: 83

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:49 pm

will the use of contractions be frowned upon? I'm worried it'll come off as an ethically dubious attempt to slide under the word limit.

Schneidersbetter

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Schneidersbetter » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:20 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:will the use of contractions be frowned upon? I'm worried it'll come off as an ethically dubious attempt to slide under the word limit.


I wrote mine conversationally just so I could legitimize using contractions. But maybe if you put a winky face next to every contraction that would work also.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Schneidersbetter wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:will the use of contractions be frowned upon? I'm worried it'll come off as an ethically dubious attempt to slide under the word limit.


I wrote mine conversationally just so I could legitimize using contractions. But maybe if you put a winky face next to every contraction that would work also.


ill try the winky face thing and see how it reads. thanks homie

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:18 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:will the use of contractions be frowned upon? I'm worried it'll come off as an ethically dubious attempt to slide under the word limit.


I wrote mine conversationally just so I could legitimize using contractions. But maybe if you put a winky face next to every contraction that would work also.


ill try the winky face thing and see how it reads. thanks homie


The winky face is an extra word though, That's how they get you

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:will the use of contractions be frowned upon? I'm worried it'll come off as an ethically dubious attempt to slide under the word limit.


I wrote mine conversationally just so I could legitimize using contractions. But maybe if you put a winky face next to every contraction that would work also.


ill try the winky face thing and see how it reads. thanks homie


The winky face is an extra word though, That's how they get you


damn it i may have to go back to the drawing board for this one. because also my essay was about Jay Z and i just now remembered that he dropped the hyphen back in 2013 which further screws up my word count.

Schneidersbetter

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Schneidersbetter » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:will the use of contractions be frowned upon? I'm worried it'll come off as an ethically dubious attempt to slide under the word limit.


I wrote mine conversationally just so I could legitimize using contractions. But maybe if you put a winky face next to every contraction that would work also.


ill try the winky face thing and see how it reads. thanks homie


The winky face is an extra word though, That's how they get you


damn it i may have to go back to the drawing board for this one. because also my essay was about Jay Z and i just now remembered that he dropped the hyphen back in 2013 which further screws up my word count.


Well then, In the words of Jay z "on to the next one"

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:57 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xnsch » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Anybody notice that the yls website says they will "begin accepting applications in late October 2016"? Does that mean that it'll open later than the usual October 1st?

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kopetz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:01 pm

xnsch wrote:Anybody notice that the yls website says they will "begin accepting applications in late October 2016"? Does that mean that it'll open later than the usual October 1st?


lol

mathaddict

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mathaddict » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:Checking in. I'm from the South, so I'm actually feeling pretty good about my chances of getting tapped to be Trump's Secretary of Agriculture.


My logic exactly lol

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:27 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mathaddict

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mathaddict » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:38 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:
mathaddict wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:Checking in. I'm from the South, so I'm actually feeling pretty good about my chances of getting tapped to be Trump's Secretary of Agriculture.


My logic exactly lol


Tag-team?


Yessir! #MakeAgricultureGrowAgain

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:10 am

xnsch wrote:Anybody notice that the yls website says they will "begin accepting applications in late October 2016"? Does that mean that it'll open later than the usual October 1st?


Presumably.

I feel pretty chill about this. If I were to wildly speculate, I'd guess that the delayed app opening probably won't shift the standard admissions timeline. It's probably a reflection of the fact that they don't actually get to reading apps until later in the fall. And it'll make submit-trigger-happy people (like yours truly) take more time to tighten their app and essays.

And/or, who the heck knows. :D

User avatar
Smc1994

Silver
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Smc1994 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Tom Hiddleston smiled at me once. I like my chances.

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PrezRand » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:41 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:Checking in. I'm from the South, so I'm actually feeling pretty good about my chances of getting tapped to be Trump's Secretary of Agriculture.

lmao

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:09 am

Jeeves and pretzel

Did you guys get into yail yet
If not, do I have to write a strongly worded letter

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:51 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schneidersbetter

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Schneidersbetter » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:50 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:
BradyBunch wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:Hey all. I checked in on the c/o 2020 thread but thought I'd follow up here. I got into Yale last cycle and deferred, so I'm hoping a bunch of you (or all of you) will be my classmates next year. I honestly still can't believe I got in, so I'm trying to keep the good karma going by being as helpful as I can. So if u got app questions lemme know, and I'm also happy to share some of my materials, tho I think I'd prefer to pm them rather than post here.

Aight, that's my longest post ever, good luck everyone!


Hey!! Congrats on getting into Yale, hopefully I can get in this cycle! I was wondering if you could PM me your Yale 250. I am in desperate need of an example.

Thanks again!


Yea would be my pleasure


Hey, same question; would you mind PM-ing me your 250? I'm trying to get a sense of as many successful examples as possible.


Ye, would be my pleasure. Good luck!

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PrezRand » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:20 am

Schneidersbetter wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:
BradyBunch wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:Hey all. I checked in on the c/o 2020 thread but thought I'd follow up here. I got into Yale last cycle and deferred, so I'm hoping a bunch of you (or all of you) will be my classmates next year. I honestly still can't believe I got in, so I'm trying to keep the good karma going by being as helpful as I can. So if u got app questions lemme know, and I'm also happy to share some of my materials, tho I think I'd prefer to pm them rather than post here.

Aight, that's my longest post ever, good luck everyone!


Hey!! Congrats on getting into Yale, hopefully I can get in this cycle! I was wondering if you could PM me your Yale 250. I am in desperate need of an example.

Thanks again!


Yea would be my pleasure


Hey, same question; would you mind PM-ing me your 250? I'm trying to get a sense of as many successful examples as possible.


Ye, would be my pleasure. Good luck!

Me too please! Congrats!

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ayylmao » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Release the app already Yale, goddamit!

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:43 pm

ayylmao wrote:Release the app already Yale, goddamit!

you'll get in :D

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 pm

ayylmao wrote:Release the app already Yale, goddamit!


Yeah, I'm ready now.

Also, really hoping they didn't drop the 250 or something like that :lol: :lol: The hours I've spent on this puppy....

Hopefully soon, ish

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:52 pm

can't wait the buddies jeeves, ayy, pretzel and others to be at yale together!

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ayylmao » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Mikey wrote:can't wait the buddies jeeves, ayy, pretzel and others to be at yale together!

New Haven meetup IRL!! Would be the dream.

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xnsch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Looks like the application opens up tonight according to their twitter! Woo!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests