Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
37
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
17
20%
no
18
22%
idk???
11
13%
 
Total votes: 83

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:23 pm

--
Last edited by bgt1995 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xnsch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:34 pm

bgt1995 wrote:
Kangaroo_Court wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:Hey everyone!

Sorry to bug but I want to submit a LOCI/update for Yale. Should I send in a copy of my transcript with fall grades attached, or just mention my grades in the letter? Does anyone have any LOCI resources they can link me to? I've been posting a bit on TLS for a while but I'm not a heavy user and I don't really know where a lot of things are.


Have you been WL'd, or are you just sending a letter to be put at the top of the pile and stuff?


I haven't been WL'd. What do you mean, top of the pile?


I don't really have any experience with LOCI's but I can't imagine this would be helpful and if anything detrimental. If you have new transcripts you can send them to LSAC and they will add it to your file. If you have a new resume I suppose you could send that over as well. But I would assume they know you're still interested...they're still Yale after all. And because of the way admissions works over there with professor review I don't see how this would be helpful even in the best case scenario. They're also only at the early stages as of now. They've only admitted one batch of people back in December

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:43 pm

--
Last edited by bgt1995 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xnsch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:04 am

potterotter wrote:
xnsch wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:
Kangaroo_Court wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:Hey everyone!

Sorry to bug but I want to submit a LOCI/update for Yale. Should I send in a copy of my transcript with fall grades attached, or just mention my grades in the letter? Does anyone have any LOCI resources they can link me to? I've been posting a bit on TLS for a while but I'm not a heavy user and I don't really know where a lot of things are.


Have you been WL'd, or are you just sending a letter to be put at the top of the pile and stuff?


I haven't been WL'd. What do you mean, top of the pile?


I don't really have any experience with LOCI's but I can't imagine this would be helpful and if anything detrimental. If you have new transcripts you can send them to LSAC and they will add it to your file. If you have a new resume I suppose you could send that over as well. But I would assume they know you're still interested...they're still Yale after all. And because of the way admissions works over there with professor review I don't see how this would be helpful even in the best case scenario. They're also only at the early stages as of now. They've only admitted one batch of people back in December


20 to be exact (according to FB group)


Yeah and 3 of those are Asha, Craig, and someone from financial aid haha so even less. They're obviously taking their time this year. Was surprised a new wave didn't happen this weekend

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 am

---
Last edited by potterotter on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ReeseWitherspoon

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ReeseWitherspoon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:49 am

potterotter wrote:
xnsch wrote:
potterotter wrote:
xnsch wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:
Kangaroo_Court wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:Hey everyone!

Sorry to bug but I want to submit a LOCI/update for Yale. Should I send in a copy of my transcript with fall grades attached, or just mention my grades in the letter? Does anyone have any LOCI resources they can link me to? I've been posting a bit on TLS for a while but I'm not a heavy user and I don't really know where a lot of things are.


Have you been WL'd, or are you just sending a letter to be put at the top of the pile and stuff?


I haven't been WL'd. What do you mean, top of the pile?


I don't really have any experience with LOCI's but I can't imagine this would be helpful and if anything detrimental. If you have new transcripts you can send them to LSAC and they will add it to your file. If you have a new resume I suppose you could send that over as well. But I would assume they know you're still interested...they're still Yale after all. And because of the way admissions works over there with professor review I don't see how this would be helpful even in the best case scenario. They're also only at the early stages as of now. They've only admitted one batch of people back in December


20 to be exact (according to FB group)


Yeah and 3 of those are Asha, Craig, and someone from financial aid haha so even less. They're obviously taking their time this year. Was surprised a new wave didn't happen this weekend


Its 20 after you take away adcoms.


^Including the "invited" people, yes.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 am

xnsch wrote:Yeah and 3 of those are Asha, Craig, and someone from financial aid haha so even less. They're obviously taking their time this year. Was surprised a new wave didn't happen this weekend


This weekend would've seemed about right however if I had to guess I bet the admissions office is on the woke side of things and might have been marching somewhere on Saturday

Wiiiiiild guess but thurr it is

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Yale Mary, full of grace...

App in this morning. Better late than never, right?

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Pozzo wrote:Yale Mary, full of grace...

App in this morning. Better late than never, right?

Dame straight!

fingercrossed

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fingercrossed » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Struggled with my 250 FOREVER, but just submitted! Hope Yale isn't lying about when you apply not mattering... :D

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Welcome to the deafening silence, Pozz and Fingers!

LikelyThrowaway

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LikelyThrowaway » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Also joining the club, having submitted about six minutes ago. Lord hear my heathen prayers.

User avatar
Aquinas

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Still toiling away at my 250, but you guys are inspiring me/lighting a fire under my ass. Really want to get everything submitted by the end of this coming weekend. Hoping that the slow admissions cycle this year will minimize the extent to which I'm penalized for being late....

fingercrossed

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fingercrossed » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Aquinas wrote:Still toiling away at my 250, but you guys are inspiring me/lighting a fire under my ass. Really want to get everything submitted by the end of this coming weekend. Hoping that the slow admissions cycle this year will minimize the extent to which I'm penalized for being late....


Shouldn't it be not at all? I doubt the faculty readers change how they evaluate applications in January vs March!

As Asha says, "Sigh. The 250-word essay. I remember putting off my Yale Law School application because of the 250, too (good thing that applying late to YLS doesn't affect your chances of admission!)."

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

--
Last edited by bgt1995 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xnsch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 pm

bgt1995 wrote:Any accepted people know when the ASW is??


April 20-22

User avatar
Aquinas

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:01 pm

.
Last edited by Aquinas on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:23 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fingercrossed

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fingercrossed » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm

potterotter wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
fingercrossed wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Still toiling away at my 250, but you guys are inspiring me/lighting a fire under my ass. Really want to get everything submitted by the end of this coming weekend. Hoping that the slow admissions cycle this year will minimize the extent to which I'm penalized for being late....


Shouldn't it be not at all? I doubt the faculty readers change how they evaluate applications in January vs March!

As Asha says, "Sigh. The 250-word essay. I remember putting off my Yale Law School application because of the 250, too (good thing that applying late to YLS doesn't affect your chances of admission!)."


I've seen that quote too, but on some level, it only seems rational that timing would still make some difference. I.e., given that each app gets a score from 4--12 from its faculty readers, it would follow that if, say, all the 11's and 12's are getting in, but there's only enough room to admit half of the 10's, then it would be preferable to be a 10 who applied early than one who applied late.


+1
Also, I dont think there's many slacker Yale Law peofessors.


Does Asha do presumptive admits throughout the cycle? Or is that only from the first batch of applicants?

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:41 pm

fingercrossed wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
fingercrossed wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Still toiling away at my 250, but you guys are inspiring me/lighting a fire under my ass. Really want to get everything submitted by the end of this coming weekend. Hoping that the slow admissions cycle this year will minimize the extent to which I'm penalized for being late....


Shouldn't it be not at all? I doubt the faculty readers change how they evaluate applications in January vs March!

As Asha says, "Sigh. The 250-word essay. I remember putting off my Yale Law School application because of the 250, too (good thing that applying late to YLS doesn't affect your chances of admission!)."


I've seen that quote too, but on some level, it only seems rational that timing would still make some difference. I.e., given that each app gets a score from 4--12 from its faculty readers, it would follow that if, say, all the 11's and 12's are getting in, but there's only enough room to admit half of the 10's, then it would be preferable to be a 10 who applied early than one who applied late.


+1
Also, I dont think there's many slacker Yale Law peofessors.


Does Asha do presumptive admits throughout the cycle? Or is that only from the first batch of applicants?


she wrote that she does them throughout.

fingercrossed

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fingercrossed » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:53 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
fingercrossed wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
fingercrossed wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Still toiling away at my 250, but you guys are inspiring me/lighting a fire under my ass. Really want to get everything submitted by the end of this coming weekend. Hoping that the slow admissions cycle this year will minimize the extent to which I'm penalized for being late....


Shouldn't it be not at all? I doubt the faculty readers change how they evaluate applications in January vs March!

As Asha says, "Sigh. The 250-word essay. I remember putting off my Yale Law School application because of the 250, too (good thing that applying late to YLS doesn't affect your chances of admission!)."


I've seen that quote too, but on some level, it only seems rational that timing would still make some difference. I.e., given that each app gets a score from 4--12 from its faculty readers, it would follow that if, say, all the 11's and 12's are getting in, but there's only enough room to admit half of the 10's, then it would be preferable to be a 10 who applied early than one who applied late.


+1
Also, I dont think there's many slacker Yale Law peofessors.


Does Asha do presumptive admits throughout the cycle? Or is that only from the first batch of applicants?


she wrote that she does them throughout.


Do we have any idea what stats / other things are required to be a presumptive?

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:56 pm

fingercrossed wrote:Do we have any idea what stats / other things are required to be a presumptive?


Why does it matter? No stats are enough for Y admission point blank, so stats wouldn't do it. It's down to one person's gut basically, so there is no way for any of us to say. And also no one ever really knows if they were an Asha admit so there's no data

fingercrossed

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fingercrossed » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:00 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
fingercrossed wrote:Do we have any idea what stats / other things are required to be a presumptive?


Why does it matter? No stats are enough for Y admission point blank, so stats wouldn't do it. It's down to one person's gut basically, so there is no way for any of us to say. And also no one ever really knows if they were an Asha admit so there's no data


Seemed like a harmless question :(

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:02 pm

fingercrossed wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
fingercrossed wrote:Do we have any idea what stats / other things are required to be a presumptive?


Why does it matter? No stats are enough for Y admission point blank, so stats wouldn't do it. It's down to one person's gut basically, so there is no way for any of us to say. And also no one ever really knows if they were an Asha admit so there's no data


Seemd like a harmless question :(


Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'm just wondering why it matters



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KoozBall and 23 guests