Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
20%
no
22%
idk???
13%

Total votes: 83

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:21 pm

OneHandedEconomist wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Someone reported a WL on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmissions/comments/65motv/yale_movement/

I don't buy it. Fake News.

They claim they got it yesterday.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:25 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:

Annnnnnd they deleted it. Not sure what to make of it. Waiting on other WL sightings to confirm, I guess.

OneHandedEconomist

Bronze

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:43 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

Annnnnnd they deleted it. Not sure what to make of it. Waiting on other WL sightings to confirm, I guess.

Clearly someone who got rejected and lied about the WL to save face.

crookedsmile

Bronze

Postby crookedsmile » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:37 am

Checking in as still standing. Mid November complete.

Rdominicana15

New

Postby Rdominicana15 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:35 am

crookedsmile wrote:Checking in as still standing. Mid November complete.

still waiting...

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Yale. It's me, Pozzo. Not sure if you remember me, but I sent you and application a couple of months ago. Yeah, the one with the disjointed 250. Anyhow. I've been agonizing over here waiting for a decision, but then it dawned on me today: either it's a WL/denial, and I really don't handle rejection well. Or else it's an acceptance, which I know sounds amazing, but I'm feeling really good about my near final decision to attend this other school just a couple hours up the road from you, and If you decide that you and I would get on alright, that would really complicate things for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you want to just go ahead and never decide on my application (which, let's be honest, seems like your strategy at this point), I'm good with that too.

xoxo
Pozzo
Last edited by Pozzo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndromedaGalaxy

New

Postby AndromedaGalaxy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 am

This time last week, I thought that I would know by now.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Pozzo wrote:Hi Yale. It's me, Pozzo. Not sure if you remember me, but I sent you and application a couple of months ago. Yeah, the one with the disjointed 250. Anyhow. I've been agonizing over here waiting for a decision, but then it dawned on me today: either it's a WL/denial, and I really don't handle rejection well. Or else it's an acceptance, which I know sounds amazing, but I'm feeling really good about my near final decision to attend this other school just a couple hours up the road from you, and If you decide that you and I would get on alright, that would really complicate things for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you want to just go ahead and never decide on my application (which, let's be honest, seems like your strategy at this point), I'm good with that too.

xoxo
Pozzo

A hundred more words and this would be a fine 250 in its own right.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:36 pm

I remember when I was just a young lass at the beginning of my cycle, full of naïveté and hope

Whittie

Bronze

Postby Whittie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:58 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:I remember when I was just a young lass at the beginning of my cycle, full of naïveté and hope

I actually believed they care about us.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Pozzo wrote:Hi Yale. It's me, Pozzo. Not sure if you remember me, but I sent you and application a couple of months ago. Yeah, the one with the disjointed 250. Anyhow. I've been agonizing over here waiting for a decision, but then it dawned on me today: either it's a WL/denial, and I really don't handle rejection well. Or else it's an acceptance, which I know sounds amazing, but I'm feeling really good about my near final decision to attend this other school just a couple hours up the road from you, and If you decide that you and I would get on alright, that would really complicate things for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you want to just go ahead and never decide on my application (which, let's be honest, seems like your strategy at this point), I'm good with that too.

xoxo
Pozzo

RT. altho I would actually still appreciate a decision. maybe even today, if yale is feeling extra indulgent on this beautiful monday.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:45 pm

pretzeltime wrote:

xoxo
Pozzo

RT. altho I would actually still appreciate a decision. maybe even today, if yale is feeling extra indulgent on this beautiful monday.

Pretzel,

I really hope you get into Yale and find out soon!!

Rdominicana15

New

Postby Rdominicana15 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 pm

it's allgood wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

xoxo
Pozzo

Pretzel,

I'd like to know as well. Any news, anyone out there?

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

it's allgood wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

xoxo
Pozzo

Pretzel,

that's so kind! thank you <3

dyebri

Bronze

Postby dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Someone please tweet her and remind her that she promised us acceptances would be out by early April. Wtf is this. She made a promise. Someone make a throwaway account and ask her to hurry up!

I've been waiting for 4 months now. Hold asha accountable! Also how is this enough time to come to AsP

curious109

New

Postby curious109 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:57 pm

dyebri wrote:Someone please tweet her and remind her that she promised us acceptances would be out by early April. Wtf is this. She made a promise. Someone make a throwaway account and ask her to hurry up!

I've been waiting for 4 months now. Hold asha accountable! Also how is this enough time to come to AsP

Won't change a thing. Yale can do this because... they're Yale.
Also, you're being a bit naive here -- if you haven't heard from them by now, there's almost no chance you'll get an outright acceptance, so ASP is irrelevant. Best you can realistically hope for is the waitlist.

AndromedaGalaxy

New

Postby AndromedaGalaxy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:01 pm

In some downtime this afternoon I looked at the how many days passed between the last reported acceptance date and waitlist day for the past 5 years of Yale LSN data.

'11-'12: 4 days
'12-'13: 7 days
'13-'14: 4 days
'14-'15: 2 days (with one outlier acceptance reported on waitlist day that I am skeptical about)
'15-'16: 2 weeks(!)

So, last year is chilling to consider. I don't think the long gap is due to underreported late acceptances, since they were still doing calls back then and the last tweet about acceptance calls lines up with the last reported acceptances on LSN. Let us hope that this year looks more like the previous four years, but in all of those years waitlist notifications were already sent by the 17th.

dyebri

Bronze

Postby dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:01 pm

curious109 wrote:
dyebri wrote:Someone please tweet her and remind her that she promised us acceptances would be out by early April. Wtf is this. She made a promise. Someone make a throwaway account and ask her to hurry up!

Also, you're being a bit naive here -- if you haven't heard from them by now, there's almost no chance you'll get an outright acceptance, so ASP is irrelevant. Best you can realistically hope for is the waitlist.

Why couldn't I get an outright acceptence. If anything my chances for an outright acceptence are just as good as waitlist. I think it's safe to assume I'm not getting outright rejected. What's good Asha!

taxman14

Bronze

Postby taxman14 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:04 pm

dyebri wrote:
curious109 wrote:

Why couldn't I get an outright acceptence. If anything my chances for an outright acceptence are just as good as waitlist. I think it's safe to assume I'm not getting outright rejected. What's good Asha!

With you on this - I think there's still a few acceptances left out there!

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:07 pm

curious109 wrote:

I can shit on my own dreams, thank you very much!

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Pozzo wrote:
curious109 wrote:

Of note to the negative nancy: someone got accepted on Saturday, long after I had given up 95% of hope for any more acceptances. This year is weird as hell. I openly acknowledge that any remaining acceptances are few and far between, but this year's pattern is veryyyyy different from last year. It ain't over 'til it's over.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:56 pm

dyebri wrote:
curious109 wrote:

gotta disagree with this though. rejection waves
just.
keep.
happening.

curious109

New

Postby curious109 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:03 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
curious109 wrote:

Of note to the negative nancy: someone got accepted on Saturday, long after I had given up 95% of hope for any more acceptances. This year is weird as hell. I openly acknowledge that any remaining acceptances are few and far between, but this year's pattern is veryyyyy different from last year. It ain't over 'til it's over.

Then you know more than I do. Latest acceptances I see on LSN are 4/12, last Wednesday.

OneHandedEconomist

Bronze

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:03 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
dyebri wrote:
curious109 wrote:

just.
keep.
happening.

There hasn't been one since the 15th right?

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:05 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
dyebri wrote:
curious109 wrote:

just.
keep.
happening.

There hasn't been one since the 15th right?

Well yeah...like 36 hours ago.

To the person above, someone here reported an acceptance (right?)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?