Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
20%
no
22%
idk???
13%

Total votes: 83

OneHandedEconomist

Bronze

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:36 pm

notorious_mig wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:shocked by the number of people who voted and also that so many of you are wrong

dogs are when god is like "wow I feel compelled to #bless my people today I'm gonna create a dog"

cats are when god is like "yo satan I got some extra matter like idk what to do with this do u want it" and satan is like "ya I'll make a cat"

the only exception to this rule is Loud Yappy Rat Dogs. Loud Yappy Rat Dogs are when satan is like "I think today I'm just actually going to ruin all of the progress civilization has made and create a Loud Yappy Rat Dog"

these are facts I'm not making this up look in whatever your holy book of choice is

I'm a gnostic dyslexic. I believe dog is evil.

I'd like some sort of award to be created in my honor just so that the inaugural award can be presented to you for this post

I'm an agnostic insomniac dyslexic. I stay up all night wondering whether there is a dog.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:38 pm

notorious_mig wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:shocked by the number of people who voted and also that so many of you are wrong

dogs are when god is like "wow I feel compelled to #bless my people today I'm gonna create a dog"

cats are when god is like "yo satan I got some extra matter like idk what to do with this do u want it" and satan is like "ya I'll make a cat"

the only exception to this rule is Loud Yappy Rat Dogs. Loud Yappy Rat Dogs are when satan is like "I think today I'm just actually going to ruin all of the progress civilization has made and create a Loud Yappy Rat Dog"

these are facts I'm not making this up look in whatever your holy book of choice is

I'd like some sort of award to be created in my honor just so that the inaugural award can be presented to you for this post

Get on it so I can send Harvard an updated resume.

dyebri

Bronze

Postby dyebri » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Wtf are you guys saying. This is a Yale law school blog. Add each other on Facebook and talk about cats and dogs there.

notorious_mig

Bronze

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:39 pm

OneHandedEconomist wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:

I'm an agnostic insomniac dyslexic. I stay up all night wondering whether there is a dog.

omg you get the second annual Notorious MIG Dad Joke Prize

OneHandedEconomist

Bronze

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:40 pm

notorious_mig wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:

Did you hear about the little psychic who escaped from prison?

He was a small medium at large.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:44 pm

notorious_mig wrote:

LYRDs are the worst cause people be like "come over and play with my dog!" And I get THE MOST excited. Then I get there and it's a tiny ass,screeching, tangled mess of cortisol incarnate and I feel SO LIED TO

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:

LYRDs are the worst cause people be like "come over and play with my dog!" And I get THE MOST excited. Then I get there and it's a tiny ass,screeching, tangled mess of cortisol incarnate and I feel SO LIED TO

That's because LYRDs are cats

Studybuddy17

Bronze

Postby Studybuddy17 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 pm

It's really raining cats and dogs in here

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 pm

I move to reword "correct" and "less correct but fine" in the poll to "credited response" and "uncredited response," respectively.

acz26

Bronze

Postby acz26 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Can we expect all remaining rejections to be sent out tomorrow?

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Postby KateMcKitten » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:17 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:I move to reword "correct" and "less correct but fine" in the poll to "credited response" and "uncredited response," respectively.

SECONDED

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:07 am

acz26 wrote:Can we expect all remaining rejections to be sent out tomorrow?

maybe a solid chunk but I don't think they'll be the last. there are still the files out in FR some of which might get rejected. and other lingering in-between files, if I had to guess.

GOOD MORNING, PEEPS

i'm not changing the poll per the requests but i will make a new one if you like

notorious_mig

Bronze

Postby notorious_mig » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 am

Pozzo wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:

That's because LYRDs are cats

my sister has a LYRD that always. shits. immediately. outside. my bedroom. like she targets me specifically ugh well guess what bitch the hatred is mutual

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 am

It's really really hard to know what we can "expect" this cycle, it's been pretty untypical so far. But given the past two days, I'd expect them to release most rejections today and tomorrow. Then a trickle of rejections and admissions (depending on FR), and then a few WL.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

thread vibez

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 am

there's this too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s
(I promise, not a rickroll)

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Postby KateMcKitten » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 am

pretzeltime wrote:Image

thread vibez

"Is it safe to come out?"

lilitiger99

Bronze

Postby lilitiger99 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am

Gabriel_is_Satan wrote:

It's really really hard to know what we can "expect" this cycle, it's been pretty untypical so far. But given the past two days, I'd expect them to release most rejections today and tomorrow. Then a trickle of rejections and admissions (depending on FR), and then a few WL.

Last years thread has a ding wave as late as April 22. With WL a week later...

OneHandedEconomist

Bronze

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 am

All admits will know by ASW, per Asha's tweet.

notsonotorious

Bronze

Postby notsonotorious » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:21 pm

OneHandedEconomist wrote:All admits will know by ASW, per Asha's tweet.

*should* was the word :wink:

ayylmao

Silver

Postby ayylmao » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 pm

notorious_mig wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:

These comments are funny, but I take umbrage with Ms. Mig's characterization of cats. Once she meets mine, she'll understand how egregiously wrong she is. Frankly, I feel macroaggressed, and my cats do as well.

ayylmao

Silver

Postby ayylmao » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Still not nice of them to let people know a few days before ASW. Getting there isn't a piece of cake for everyone.

Brutus_the_Younger

New

Postby Brutus_the_Younger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Last edited by Brutus_the_Younger on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curious109

New

Postby curious109 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Brutus_the_Younger wrote:
ayylmao wrote:

Still not nice of them to let people know a few days before ASW. Getting there isn't a piece of cake for everyone.

I think a consequence of non-rolling admissions rather than unkindness - they do need to hold ASW before the acceptance deadline after all. In any case, I'm sure the new admits will get over it :lol:

RIdiculous comment. You do realize that the school has full control over it all -- it's their submission deadline, their ASW date, their acceptance deadline. No, they're being dickheads because they can -- they're Yale.

OneHandedEconomist

Bronze

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:34 pm

We expecting another ding wave in 30 minutes?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?