Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby 2000andBeyond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:22 pm

jackstraw92 wrote:How are rejections going out? Email?


I think that's the consensus

jackstraw92

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby jackstraw92 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:23 pm

EinassA wrote:
jackstraw92 wrote:How are rejections going out? Email?


I think that's the consensus


Got it thanks. I ask because I missed a call a few minutes ago from 215 and assumed it was good news but no voicemail.

jtawil

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby jtawil » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm

hellohalo wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
EinassA wrote:
ad34964n wrote:According to LSN, there was a rejection just now


ah man...it's happening :cry:


well LSAT=160


think it might have had more to do with GPA if we're judging based on the Penn pattern this year thus far (3.8+ needed unless urm)


URM GPA 3.63 (not bad)
LSAT=160

Did you get dinged on a 160 LSAT? Or waitlisted?

User avatar
big_willy_style_333

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

jackstraw92 wrote:
EinassA wrote:
jackstraw92 wrote:How are rejections going out? Email?


I think that's the consensus


Got it thanks. I ask because I missed a call a few minutes ago from 215 and assumed it was good news but no voicemail.

Call back?

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby hellohalo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:26 pm

jtawil wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
EinassA wrote:
ad34964n wrote:According to LSN, there was a rejection just now


ah man...it's happening :cry:


well LSAT=160


think it might have had more to do with GPA if we're judging based on the Penn pattern this year thus far (3.8+ needed unless urm)


URM GPA 3.63 (not bad)
LSAT=160

Did you get dinged on a 160 LSAT? Or waitlisted?


Talking about a rejection on LSN
Sorry to that guy as the discussion may bother him

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby tinafeyclone » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Has anyone heard back with a UR2 date of 1/9??

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm

hellohalo wrote:
jtawil wrote:Did you get dinged on a 160 LSAT? Or waitlisted?


Talking about a rejection on LSN
Sorry to that guy as the discussion may bother him


no worries guys. yeah, we were referring to the LSN rejection, jtawil.

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby hellohalo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Really need killer numbers (especially GPA) to be included in these early waves :cry:

lawschoolbound2017

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawschoolbound2017 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:29 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone heard back with a UR2 date of 1/9??

Yep! Just got the call a few mins ago.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:32 pm

EinassA wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:Goddamnit. I'll be the first on TLS I guess lol. Rejected.


:( their loss!


I appreciate that :) didn't have too much of a chance anyway though.

LSAT = median
25th > GPA > 50th
Hispanic but not URM

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ad34964n » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
EinassA wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:Goddamnit. I'll be the first on TLS I guess lol. Rejected.


:( their loss!


I appreciate that :) didn't have too much of a chance anyway though.

LSAT = median
25th > GPA > 50th
Hispanic but not URM

Rooting for you for the rest of the cycle!!! So sorry to hear

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lsa16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:37 pm

lsa16 wrote:So I don't know which UR it is because I haven't kept track of date changes really, but is it weird if I'm still under review 11/30? I have strong numbers for Penn but feels odd they haven't looked at my app in so long


Missed the call (well, didn't, call failed) and tried to call back but it goes pretty quickly to a message saying the office is closed - taking it as an acceptance since it would be pretty harsh to call for a WL or rejection

User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby sorence » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:37 pm

hellohalo wrote:Really need killer numbers (especially GPA) to be included in these early waves :cry:


Someone with a 3.32 was accepted! Hope for today.

jackstraw92

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby jackstraw92 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:39 pm

big_willy_style_333 wrote:
jackstraw92 wrote:
EinassA wrote:
jackstraw92 wrote:How are rejections going out? Email?


I think that's the consensus


Got it thanks. I ask because I missed a call a few minutes ago from 215 and assumed it was good news but no voicemail.

Call back?


Just did - accepted.

25 < GPA < 50 (3.7x)
75 < LSAT

non-URM

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby VapidP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:39 pm

lsa16 wrote:
lsa16 wrote:So I don't know which UR it is because I haven't kept track of date changes really, but is it weird if I'm still under review 11/30? I have strong numbers for Penn but feels odd they haven't looked at my app in so long


Missed the call (well, didn't, call failed) and tried to call back but it goes pretty quickly to a message saying the office is closed - taking it as an acceptance since it would be pretty harsh to call for a WL or rejection


Huh. Does this mean that the wave is done now?

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lsa16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

VapidP wrote:
lsa16 wrote:
lsa16 wrote:So I don't know which UR it is because I haven't kept track of date changes really, but is it weird if I'm still under review 11/30? I have strong numbers for Penn but feels odd they haven't looked at my app in so long


Missed the call (well, didn't, call failed) and tried to call back but it goes pretty quickly to a message saying the office is closed - taking it as an acceptance since it would be pretty harsh to call for a WL or rejection


Huh. Does this mean that the wave is done now?


I was assuming they were maybe just trying to avoid massive numbers of call from neurotic prospective law students ;) It's not even 4 their time so I would be surprised if the office is actually closed, but maybe you are right

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

ad34964n wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
EinassA wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:Goddamnit. I'll be the first on TLS I guess lol. Rejected.


:( their loss!


I appreciate that :) didn't have too much of a chance anyway though.

LSAT = median
25th > GPA > 50th
Hispanic but not URM

Rooting for you for the rest of the cycle!!! So sorry to hear


Appreciate that. Hoping you get an acceptance here and luck in the rest of your cycle :)

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby call-me-bubbles » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby tinafeyclone » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Will they email admits later? My phone is broken :evil:

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Have any UCR2 1/6s heard back today?

User avatar
carlos_danger

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby carlos_danger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:02 pm

In via phone call. Very surprised, assumed I hadn't heard back bc I was being WLed.

User avatar
RictusErectus

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby RictusErectus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm

In via email from Director of Admissions!

LSAT > 75
GPA: Superior (I'm international)
Some good softs
Submitted: 11/13
Complete: 11/18

Edit: forgot to add, I wrote a Why Penn.
Last edited by RictusErectus on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby hbdash » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 pm

jtawil wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
hellohalo wrote:
EinassA wrote:
ad34964n wrote:According to LSN, there was a rejection just now


ah man...it's happening :cry:


well LSAT=160


think it might have had more to do with GPA if we're judging based on the Penn pattern this year thus far (3.8+ needed unless urm)


URM GPA 3.63 (not bad)
LSAT=160

Did you get dinged on a 160 LSAT? Or waitlisted?


jtawil- did you apply for the Shamula scholarship? Pm me

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby VapidP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 pm

In via phone call. Just now. UR2 1/6. GPA<50 LSAT>75. Wrote a why Penn.
Last edited by VapidP on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby VapidP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Double post.
Last edited by VapidP on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UT2017 and 7 guests