Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snarfing

New

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby snarfing » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Also waitlisted today, email was marked at 6 pm surprised it came so late

The_Gavel

New

Postby The_Gavel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm

My app was received the first day of February, I was part of the group that went UR 2/27, and I got a date change today on the status checker with no other communication. Good? Bad? Any thoughts?

goldenbear2020

Silver

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:48 pm

alexp wrote:My app was received the first day of February, I was part of the group that went UR 2/27, and I got a date change today on the status checker with no other communication. Good? Bad? Any thoughts?

Your decision is probably coming tomorrow...can't tell any more than that.

The_Gavel

New

Postby The_Gavel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 am

goldenbear2020 wrote:
alexp wrote:My app was received the first day of February, I was part of the group that went UR 2/27, and I got a date change today on the status checker with no other communication. Good? Bad? Any thoughts?

Your decision is probably coming tomorrow...can't tell any more than that.

Fingers crossed!
Last edited by The_Gavel on Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Postby melmelcoolj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 am

snarfing wrote:Also waitlisted today, email was marked at 6 pm surprised it came so late

This. I sent in my Apps in late February, and was complete by 2/27 and immediately went UR 1. I think my most recent UR 2 was 3/27.

Evelyn2016

New

Postby Evelyn2016 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:55 pm

How long is the time gap between "File Complete" and "Under Committee Review"? Mine was 9 days, is it normal?

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:26 am

Hope to see other TLSers at ASW!

intlbr

Bronze

Postby intlbr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:52 am

Evelyn2016 wrote:How long is the time gap between "File Complete" and "Under Committee Review"? Mine was 9 days, is it normal?

Mine went "File Complete" on 3/6 and "Under Committee Review" on 3/29. I gave up knowing what is "normal" and what is not in this whole process a long time ago!

KillaKam92

New

Postby KillaKam92 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Been "Under Commitee review" since 2/27 after going complete on 2/15 and still waiting........

Hobbesy

Bronze

Postby Hobbesy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm

Moved to UR 2 yesterday! (Or maybe 3, I hadn't been checking my tracker until recently)

Decision soon come. Finallyyyyyy

thebigwang

New

Postby thebigwang » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 am

KillaKam92 wrote:Been "Under Commitee review" since 2/27 after going complete on 2/15 and still waiting........

Also went complete on 2/15 and UR on 2/27. No date changes either. Maybe they lost our files? :?

jonofalltrades

New

Postby jonofalltrades » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Toll interview completed. Anyone else feeling queasy?

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 pm

I was so impressed by the ASW yesterday and today. Just got back home, and I loved every part of it. Students (part of the program and not) raved about the school, and I believed them. It seems like there really is a different sort of vibe at Penn compared to other schools. I loved that there are no GPAs and no class ranks. Also, the campus/law school is beautiful. My only hesitation is living in philly since this was my first time visiting and I do not know much about the city.

Sorry to post this here, but there is no Class of 2020 thread yet (and I don't want to make it because I haven't decided yet).

mtf612

Bronze

Postby mtf612 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:43 pm

jjcorvino wrote:I was so impressed by the ASW yesterday and today. Just got back home, and I loved every part of it. Students (part of the program and not) raved about the school, and I believed them. It seems like there really is a different sort of vibe at Penn compared to other schools. I loved that there are no GPAs and no class ranks. Also, the campus/law school is beautiful. My only hesitation is living in philly since this was my first time visiting and I do not know much about the city.

Sorry to post this here, but there is no Class of 2020 thread yet (and I don't want to make it because I haven't decided yet).

Still no idea why there isn't a CO 2020 Thread lol.

I also had a great time. Honestly, I've been gunning for CCN and so far nothing has planned out. Asw made me feel super comfortable that Penn was not only a viable option for me but possibly a great one. The other admits that I drank with at the bar last night were super relaxed and fun to chat with. The current students I spoke with each had a genuinely positive attitude about Penn, seemed happy about their choice to attend, and had a job lined up. Coming from a West coast suburb, but a fan of big cities like LA/SF/NYC, I was happy that Philly didn't feel small or lacking in things to do.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:12 pm

thebigwang wrote:
KillaKam92 wrote:Been "Under Commitee review" since 2/27 after going complete on 2/15 and still waiting........

Also went complete on 2/15 and UR on 2/27. No date changes either. Maybe they lost our files? :?

I'm in a Similar boat

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 pm

mtf612 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I was so impressed by the ASW yesterday and today. Just got back home, and I loved every part of it. Students (part of the program and not) raved about the school, and I believed them. It seems like there really is a different sort of vibe at Penn compared to other schools. I loved that there are no GPAs and no class ranks. Also, the campus/law school is beautiful. My only hesitation is living in philly since this was my first time visiting and I do not know much about the city.

I also had a great time. Honestly, I've been gunning for CCN and so far nothing has planned out. Asw made me feel super comfortable that Penn was not only a viable option for me but possibly a great one. The other admits that I drank with at the bar last night were super relaxed and fun to chat with. The current students I spoke with each had a genuinely positive attitude about Penn, seemed happy about their choice to attend, and had a job lined up. Coming from a West coast suburb, but a fan of big cities like LA/SF/NYC, I was happy that Philly didn't feel small or lacking in things to do.

UPenn is plenty awesome. What's so special about CCN anyway? The T6 designation seems so arbitrary when UPenn places as well in big law as any T6, has that fancy Ivy League prestige, and has a big city too. Congrats on the awesome (and weirdly underrated, from my experience) opportunity. I'm so jealous.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:52 pm

I need you guys to stop loving Penn lol, I want to go there so badly and was waitlisted. It's a small class so getting off waitlist is really tough.

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 pm

StopLawying wrote:I need you guys to stop loving Penn lol, I want to go there so badly and was waitlisted. It's a small class so getting off waitlist is really tough.

I'm sorry. I'm not in either, it hurts me to talk so nicely about it too. :/

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Nightwing wrote:
mtf612 wrote:

UPenn is plenty awesome. What's so special about CCN anyway? The T6 designation seems so arbitrary when UPenn places as well in big law as any T6, has that fancy Ivy League prestige, and has a big city too. Congrats on the awesome (and weirdly underrated, from my experience) opportunity. I'm so jealous.

Penn is a great school, but CCN gives you better placing power in V10/20 firms which can be a significant difference if that's what you are shooting for

call-me-bubbles

Bronze

Postby call-me-bubbles » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:13 am

Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eck456

Bronze

Postby eck456 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:42 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:For someone interested in any and all things "international law" (whether domestic or abroad, PI or Big Law): UChi or UPenn, and why? Just from their websites, it seems like Penn emphasizes international offerings and engagement more than Chicago, but I don't know if this is actually indicative of anything more than each school's branding/marketing strategy. I know you guys are fellow 0Ls, but I've asked this on Penn's current students/grads thread, but it's kind of dead over there, and I'm just trying to get as much input from different sources as possible. I've got emails in to both schools' admissions offices, as well. I think I would genuinely enjoy either place, but I'm stuck on which school would be a better fit for my interests.

hey, I'm an international law person and am thinking penn v berkeley (while still waiting on other options) and was worried about penn's intl human rights work (and just intl connections in general) but feel really good about it post ASW. I don't want to torture the WL and still waitings (been there, <3 to you guys!) but feel free to PM me and we can chat about the convos I had with people. I lived in Chi for undergrad and just have general thoughts about uchicago as an institution, but am not an expert on their law school offerings since I wasn't really interested in going there (wildcat4lyfe). with that said, happy to talk about what I learned at penn

lsa16

Bronze

Postby lsa16 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:40 pm

eck456 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:For someone interested in any and all things "international law" (whether domestic or abroad, PI or Big Law): UChi or UPenn, and why? Just from their websites, it seems like Penn emphasizes international offerings and engagement more than Chicago, but I don't know if this is actually indicative of anything more than each school's branding/marketing strategy. I know you guys are fellow 0Ls, but I've asked this on Penn's current students/grads thread, but it's kind of dead over there, and I'm just trying to get as much input from different sources as possible. I've got emails in to both schools' admissions offices, as well. I think I would genuinely enjoy either place, but I'm stuck on which school would be a better fit for my interests.

hey, I'm an international law person and am thinking penn v berkeley (while still waiting on other options) and was worried about penn's intl human rights work (and just intl connections in general) but feel really good about it post ASW. I don't want to torture the WL and still waitings (been there, <3 to you guys!) but feel free to PM me and we can chat about the convos I had with people. I lived in Chi for undergrad and just have general thoughts about uchicago as an institution, but am not an expert on their law school offerings since I wasn't really interested in going there (wildcat4lyfe). with that said, happy to talk about what I learned at penn

+1 on feeling great about Penn's international opportunities post-ASW and also open to chatting via PM

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am

Anyone know which email address we send the LOCI to?

njdevils327

Bronze

Postby njdevils327 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:51 am

StopLawying wrote:Anyone know which email address we send the LOCI to?

Reply back directly to your waitlist email.

njdevils327

Bronze

Postby njdevils327 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:52 am

I also sent in a LOCI today. I want so badly to get in off the waitlist. Hope it happens.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?