Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zyxbhsf

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby zyxbhsf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:06 am

EWofNell wrote:Very sorry to hear of the waitlists. You can, btw, deposit elsewhere while sitting on whichever waitlists you choose to sit on. If you are admitted off a waitlist, you typically can choose to forfeit the deposit to the first school and withdraw your acceptance of their offer and then deposit at the school that just admitted you.

Anyone out there who went UR2 on the 24th hear anything?


I went UR2 on Feb 24 and haven't heard anything. My status checker says "Under Committee Review" since UR1 Jan 20.

User avatar
EWofNell

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby EWofNell » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:57 am

zyxbhsf wrote:
EWofNell wrote:Very sorry to hear of the waitlists. You can, btw, deposit elsewhere while sitting on whichever waitlists you choose to sit on. If you are admitted off a waitlist, you typically can choose to forfeit the deposit to the first school and withdraw your acceptance of their offer and then deposit at the school that just admitted you.

Anyone out there who went UR2 on the 24th hear anything?


I went UR2 on Feb 24 and haven't heard anything. My status checker says "Under Committee Review" since UR1 Jan 20.


Would you be willing to PM me you stats? Also went UR2 on The 24th.

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby hbdash » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm

.
Last edited by hbdash on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ohgosh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:23 pm

batlaw wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the 3/1 need-based financial aid deadline applies to applicants that are still waiting on a decision?


+1

User avatar
sfn91

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby sfn91 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:03 pm

If I added a LOR after already being UR, should I e-mail them telling them? I know that the letters are sent automatically via LSAC, but am wondering if it makes sense to tell them or if being UR closes the door on that?

User avatar
batlaw

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby batlaw » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 pm

ohgosh wrote:
batlaw wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the 3/1 need-based financial aid deadline applies to applicants that are still waiting on a decision?


+1


FYI - it does not (I called!).

needbasedlaw

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby needbasedlaw » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:35 pm

.
Last edited by needbasedlaw on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ohgosh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:40 pm

batlaw wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
batlaw wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the 3/1 need-based financial aid deadline applies to applicants that are still waiting on a decision?


+1


FYI - it does not (I called!).


Thanks so much! :)

nonononono

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby nonononono » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Got an email about full scholarships from Penn.....State.

Why.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby StopLawying » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:51 pm

nonononono wrote:Got an email about full scholarships from Penn.....State.

Why.


Omg, LOL.

User avatar
xinaii

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby xinaii » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:29 am

needbasedlaw wrote:UR2 today! March movement! Anyone else? Predictions on turnaround time?


My app also went UR2 3/1... :D :D hope getting decisions soon

JDrat

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby JDrat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:44 am

Can someone tell me the difference between UR1 and UR2? Mine has been Under Committee Review since 7/2. Is this UR1 or UR2?

cftvgybhu

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby cftvgybhu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:54 am

xinaii wrote:
needbasedlaw wrote:UR2 today! March movement! Anyone else? Predictions on turnaround time?


My app also went UR2 3/1... :D :D hope getting decisions soon

+1, way to go~ finally UR2, and finger crossed!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Do you guys think they'll give Toll interviewees the option of interviewing over ASW? On the very off chance that I get invited (reading the profiles of current Tolls I'm thinking it's not particularly likely but a girl can dream), I would really want to interview in person but don't really want to have to fly back to Philly on a different weekend. I've been holding off on buying my ASW flight for this reason but don't want to wait too long

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby airwrecka » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Do you guys think they'll give Toll interviewees the option of interviewing over ASW? On the very off chance that I get invited (reading the profiles of current Tolls I'm thinking it's not particularly likely but a girl can dream), I would really want to interview in person but don't really want to have to fly back to Philly on a different weekend. I've been holding off on buying my ASW flight for this reason but don't want to wait too long


I was wondering the same thing. I can't make ASW but will be visiting in person the following week. I would think that since they haven't explicitly ruled out skype or phone interviews (even though they STRONGLY prefer in-person), they are somewhat flexible on the date of the interview. And because they didn't explicitly set a date for the interviews (unlike NYU's named schollys).

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Update: did my own creeping. apparently ~50ish people were invited to interview last year over six days: Mar 30, 31; April 1, 2, 8, and 10. April 1-2 was ASW. so hopefully that's an option again this year for those lucky enough to get an invite!

Mackgal

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Mackgal » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
grapefruitjuice wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Mackgal wrote:have any accepted students got word on the toll scholarship or applied? how many people get the scholarship per year?


Invites went out a few weeks ago (to everyone), applications are due Monday. I think about six per year?


This might sound dumb but if you haven't been admitted yet does that mean you can't apply for the Toll anymore?


I was wondering about this too, but I was admitted yesterday and got the Toll email today. Toll apps are still open for now! Good luck!


If you don't mind me asking, what deadline did they give you? I'm curious as to when they'll start evaluating/sending out invites for interviews.


I didn't get a deadline but when I submitted the application I got an email back saying that decisions would be sent out in April so I would assume mid-late march or early April they'll start giving out interviews. I'm also curious about the interview format, do we have to go to the school or will it be via Skype/phone?

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby airwrecka » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Update: did my own creeping. apparently ~50ish people were invited to interview last year over six days: Mar 30, 31; April 1, 2, 8, and 10. April 1-2 was ASW. so hopefully that's an option again this year for those lucky enough to get an invite!


Ahh that's good news! I'm planning to be there on April 7 so hopefully they can accommodate me if I'm lucky enough to interview :lol:

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Mackgal wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
grapefruitjuice wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Mackgal wrote:have any accepted students got word on the toll scholarship or applied? how many people get the scholarship per year?


Invites went out a few weeks ago (to everyone), applications are due Monday. I think about six per year?


This might sound dumb but if you haven't been admitted yet does that mean you can't apply for the Toll anymore?


I was wondering about this too, but I was admitted yesterday and got the Toll email today. Toll apps are still open for now! Good luck!


If you don't mind me asking, what deadline did they give you? I'm curious as to when they'll start evaluating/sending out invites for interviews.


I didn't get a deadline but when I submitted the application I got an email back saying that decisions would be sent out in April so I would assume mid-late march or early April they'll start giving out interviews. I'm also curious about the interview format, do we have to go to the school or will it be via Skype/phone?


They said they strongly prefer that people interview in-person, but Skype interviews can be set up for those who can't make it to campus.

CA1993

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby CA1993 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:11 pm

JDrat wrote:Can someone tell me the difference between UR1 and UR2? Mine has been Under Committee Review since 7/2. Is this UR1 or UR2?


Mine went Under Committee Review on 7/2 as well, I think (assume) that's UR1 - at this point I'm assuming waitlist but who knows. Good luck!

snarfing

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby snarfing » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:13 pm

CA1993 wrote:
JDrat wrote:Can someone tell me the difference between UR1 and UR2? Mine has been Under Committee Review since 7/2. Is this UR1 or UR2?


Mine went Under Committee Review on 7/2 as well, I think (assume) that's UR1 - at this point I'm assuming waitlist but who knows. Good luck!


assuming you guys are international and thats february 7th I also went UR1 that day

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby BrittanyJeream » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Sorry if this has been answered, but are there any predictions on when financial aid decisions will start rolling out?

WatchClosely

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:26 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby WatchClosely » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 pm

.
Last edited by WatchClosely on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonononono

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby nonononono » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:18 am

BrittanyJeream wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but are there any predictions on when financial aid decisions will start rolling out?


I called and they said they expect to have decisions within a week of when the forms were due (so March 8 )

jonofalltrades

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby jonofalltrades » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

SmallK wrote:
lawlawland16 wrote:
lsa16 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Someone who is applying for the Toll scholarship, please tell me you're just answering the video question like an interview and not doing some weird "creative" video. I feel bad because it specifically says to be creative and not just read a script, but I have NO idea how to make a creative 2 minute video that addresses such a specific question. Yes, I know it's due tomorrow so even if I could think of something creative, I don't have time to do it between now and then, but I have been thinking about this for weeks and nothing has come to me :?


Hello! I am also just doing the video like an interview, no worries....or, if there is something to be worried about, you are at least not alone!


Same. My video is SO awkward.


I figure that trying to do something creative with 0 experience and failing miserably is worse than just doing it like an interview, so I'm right there with y'all.


After submitting video, I'm now nervous I didn't put enough effort into it. What do you all think -- do Toll judges care more about what got you into Penn or about a stellar video/essay responses?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests