Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ohgosh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Is this wave over? :shock:

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawbatman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Blue664 wrote:Did anyone who heard today apply in 2016?

(Or...anyone who applied in 2016 still waiting to hear back aaahhhhhhhh)


Yes - still waiting.

Guess it's not good enough to be >75%ile x 2.

ohgosh wrote: Is this wave over?


I hope not.

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby S.Picquery » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:39 pm

lawbatman wrote:
Blue664 wrote:Did anyone who heard today apply in 2016?

(Or...anyone who applied in 2016 still waiting to hear back aaahhhhhhhh)


Yes - still waiting.

Guess it's not good enough to be >75%ile x 2.


Also still waiting, but only one stat > 75% womp womp. :/

It's a shame, I'd really consider Penn if they loved me back.
E:autocorrect

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawbatman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm

S.Picquery wrote:It's a shame, I'd really consider Penn if they loved me back.
E:autocorrect


Me too. :oops:

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby StopLawying » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Is that it?
Congrats to all who heard back today!

insertFunnyUsername

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby insertFunnyUsername » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:27 pm

In at 12:31 today! LSAT > 75, 25<GPA<50

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby laqueredup » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm

ystvkmc wrote:Anyone know the phone number? I got a couple calls from an unknown Philly number that both dropped... kinda freaking out...!

Update: Googled it and it's them. How bad is it gonna look that I was just like "hello? hello?" when they called me? :P


"Yeah we were going to admit you but you didn't have good reception so...."

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby hbdash » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Anyone get a waitlist email?

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby StopLawying » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:20 pm

hbdash wrote:Anyone get a waitlist email?


Not yet, really praying I don't get one of those tonight.

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby eck456 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 pm

In today at about 3 pm East Coast time! Immediately had to head to my next class that just ended so haven't been free to roam the internet, but I went UR2 on 1/25.

Wrote a Why Penn - was WL with no extra essay last year (i was the one who put up an impassioned status a few months ago agonizing over if I should or shouldn't have included an apology for never responding to last years WL since my plan was to stay west coast). For all the reapplicants, it can happen!

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby StopLawying » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Is that it for this week or can there be another wave tomorrow?

ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ohgosh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 am

StopLawying wrote:Is that it for this week or can there be another wave tomorrow?


There's a possibility! Last year there were decisions released all through one week towards the end of February

ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ohgosh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Do we have to fill out the financial aid documents before the March 1 deadline even if we haven't received a decision yet? And which documents?

grapefruitjuice

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby grapefruitjuice » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:07 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Mackgal wrote:have any accepted students got word on the toll scholarship or applied? how many people get the scholarship per year?


Invites went out a few weeks ago (to everyone), applications are due Monday. I think about six per year?


This might sound dumb but if you haven't been admitted yet does that mean you can't apply for the Toll anymore?


I was wondering about this too, but I was admitted yesterday and got the Toll email today. Toll apps are still open for now! Good luck!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 pm

grapefruitjuice wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Mackgal wrote:have any accepted students got word on the toll scholarship or applied? how many people get the scholarship per year?


Invites went out a few weeks ago (to everyone), applications are due Monday. I think about six per year?


This might sound dumb but if you haven't been admitted yet does that mean you can't apply for the Toll anymore?


I was wondering about this too, but I was admitted yesterday and got the Toll email today. Toll apps are still open for now! Good luck!


If you don't mind me asking, what deadline did they give you? I'm curious as to when they'll start evaluating/sending out invites for interviews.

JC2017

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby JC2017 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:59 pm

No movement either way from Penn today, huh? Anyone get anything?

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby RParadela » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm

So I'm thinking we have 2 days left (Monday and Tuesday) before we are assured of a WL or a rejection.

Not looking good for the people that haven't heard yet :cry:

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:37 pm

RParadela wrote:So I'm thinking we have 2 days left (Monday and Tuesday) before we are assured of a WL or a rejection.

Not looking good for the people that haven't heard yet :cry:


Why?

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawbatman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:19 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
RParadela wrote:So I'm thinking we have 2 days left (Monday and Tuesday) before we are assured of a WL or a rejection.

Not looking good for the people that haven't heard yet :cry:


Why?


Because if you look at past LSN decisions, there were not many accepts in the month of March.

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:28 pm

lawbatman wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
RParadela wrote:So I'm thinking we have 2 days left (Monday and Tuesday) before we are assured of a WL or a rejection.

Not looking good for the people that haven't heard yet :cry:


Why?


Because if you look at past LSN decisions, there were not many accepts in the month of March.


I doubt they would have already admitted the 950~ offers they give out yearly by now though. Do they have an admitted students FB group so we can find out how many people have been admitted?

Nadia

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Nadia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:I doubt they would have already admitted the 950~ offers they give out yearly by now though. Do they have an admitted students FB group so we can find out how many people have been admitted?


I just looked it up - there is a closed FB group called 'Penn Law Class of 2020' with 136 members

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby AllHailKingMao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:11 am

Nadia wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:I doubt they would have already admitted the 950~ offers they give out yearly by now though. Do they have an admitted students FB group so we can find out how many people have been admitted?


I just looked it up - there is a closed FB group called 'Penn Law Class of 2020' with 136 members


That's promising!!

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby theothercat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Finally settled on a decent draft of my Levy essay and submitted! How's everyone else's going?

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lsa16 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:46 pm

theothercat wrote:Finally settled on a decent draft of my Levy essay and submitted! How's everyone else's going?


Not quite there yet! But hoping to finish tonight. How long was yours?

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby theothercat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:51 pm

lsa16 wrote:
theothercat wrote:Finally settled on a decent draft of my Levy essay and submitted! How's everyone else's going?


Not quite there yet! But hoping to finish tonight. How long was yours?


It was about 550 words. So double spaced, a little over one page.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests