Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ohgosh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Any idea when we can expect another wave of decisions for admission to come out? I applied in early November and still haven't heard back.

cooldog

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:06 pm

ohgosh wrote:Any idea when we can expect another wave of decisions for admission to come out? I applied in early November and still haven't heard back.


+1. Been UR2 for 2 weeks now...

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby BrittanyJeream » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

cooldog wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Any idea when we can expect another wave of decisions for admission to come out? I applied in early November and still haven't heard back.


+1. Been UR2 for 2 weeks now...


Seems like they like Thursdays and Fridays about 2 weeks apart. But this is based on memory, and I'm sure there's someone who is going to jump in and drag me, so feel free. :)

User avatar
Dreadhead168

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:22 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Dreadhead168 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 pm

BrittanyJeream wrote:
cooldog wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Any idea when we can expect another wave of decisions for admission to come out? I applied in early November and still haven't heard back.


+1. Been UR2 for 2 weeks now...


Seems like they like Thursdays and Fridays about 2 weeks apart. But this is based on memory, and I'm sure there's someone who is going to jump in and drag me, so feel free. :)


It's unpredictable. I've been UR2 for over 6 weeks now, and somebody ITT even said they went UR3. I'm hoping that the silence those of us who applied way back in November are getting is a good sign, maybe indicating that they don't want to WL us if they can get through all of their applications and still have spots open in their class.

jpark86

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby jpark86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Anyone here going to either the admitted students weekend or the welcome reception in NY?

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lsa16 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

jpark86 wrote:Anyone here going to either the admitted students weekend or the welcome reception in NY?


ASW :)

lawlawland16

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawlawland16 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm

jpark86 wrote:Anyone here going to either the admitted students weekend or the welcome reception in NY?


ASW!

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby StopLawying » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Any chance I hear back in next wave if I went UR2 1/30?

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawbatman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 pm

StopLawying wrote:Any chance I hear back in next wave if I went UR2 1/30?


I went UR2 two weeks before then - so I am hoping we BOTH hear back in the next wave.

Just checking last year, there was a very large wave at the end of February.

... and then the entire month of March was rejections / waitlisted / accepted from WL.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Christinabruin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:47 pm

lawbatman wrote:
StopLawying wrote:Any chance I hear back in next wave if I went UR2 1/30?


I went UR2 two weeks before then - so I am hoping we BOTH hear back in the next wave.

Just checking last year, there was a very large wave at the end of February.

... and then the entire month of March was rejections / waitlisted / accepted from WL.


Wait so it's possible to be accepted from WL in March? I thought they reviewed WL applications in mid-May?

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawbatman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 am

Christinabruin wrote:
Wait so it's possible to be accepted from WL in March? I thought they reviewed WL applications in mid-May?


Great question!
No idea. Basing this purely off of LSN.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby Christinabruin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:03 am

lawbatman wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:Wait so it's possible to be accepted from WL in March? I thought they reviewed WL applications in mid-May?


Great question!
No idea. Basing this purely off of LSN.


Okay thanks for the clarification! I just hope that data isn't inaccurate :lol:

dwbh

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby dwbh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am

UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby call-me-bubbles » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby wildquest8200 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 am

dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

JC2017

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby JC2017 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:06 am

wildquest8200 wrote:
dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

Me too!

kotleta

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby kotleta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:15 am

JC2017 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

Me too!


UR3 today! Didn't even know that was a thing :shock:

User avatar
lawbatman

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby lawbatman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 am

kotleta wrote:
JC2017 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

Me too!


UR3 today! Didn't even know that was a thing :shock:


A bunch of ppl move UR the day before a decision day, so I am calling for tomorrow.

scoot456

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby scoot456 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

=
Last edited by scoot456 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby skurfy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 am

Pretty sure my 1/23 was my UR2 so hoping for an update today...or should I be?

Do we know if Penn normally sends waves of one kind of decision, or are they a mix of Admits, Denials, and WL? Is there an easy way to check this year's timeline of each school's waves without going through pages of LSN applicants or threads here?

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby goldenbear2020 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:05 pm

JC2017 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

Me too!

+1

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby ZVBXRPL » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:21 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
JC2017 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

Me too!

+1

+1 lol. When should we expect answer?

User avatar
chalala

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby chalala » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
JC2017 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
dwbh wrote:UR1 1/20, UR2 today :shock:

+1!!

Me too!

+1

+1 lol. When should we expect answer?


+1

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby proteinshake » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm

decision time!

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Postby goldenbear2020 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:18 pm

proteinshake wrote:decision time!

Lol @ no LSN decisions since 2/8. Sad!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests