Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Application and scholarship record for this cycle:

Accepted
10
11%
Accepted with $
20
22%
Accepted with $$$
30
33%
Waitlisted
23
25%
Rejected
8
9%
 
Total votes: 91

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 am

intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Decision Made this morning...no seat deposit info. Guess I'll wait for that snail mail letter.

Same here ... Don't they send decisions by email?


Acceptances come via email...WL and Ding come via snail mail. There's some inconsistency about whether or not the lack of seat deposit info once you go decision made 100% indicates a WL or Ding this year.

intlbr
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Decision Made this morning...no seat deposit info. Guess I'll wait for that snail mail letter.

Same here ... Don't they send decisions by email?


Acceptances come via email...WL and Ding come via snail mail. There's some inconsistency about whether or not the lack of seat deposit info once you go decision made 100% indicates a WL or Ding this year.

Oh dear ... I live abroad and mail in country is really unreliable... Any other internationals who got their dings/wl over mail mind sharing how long it took for it to arrive? Why don't they just email it?

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:44 am

intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Decision Made this morning...no seat deposit info. Guess I'll wait for that snail mail letter.

Same here ... Don't they send decisions by email?


Acceptances come via email...WL and Ding come via snail mail. There's some inconsistency about whether or not the lack of seat deposit info once you go decision made 100% indicates a WL or Ding this year.

Oh dear ... I live abroad and mail in country is really unreliable... Any other internationals who got their dings/wl over mail mind sharing how long it took for it to arrive? Why don't they just email it?


They may email internationals! I'm not sure, honestly. I hope someone else knows!

intlbr
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:04 am

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Decision Made this morning...no seat deposit info. Guess I'll wait for that snail mail letter.

Same here ... Don't they send decisions by email?


Acceptances come via email...WL and Ding come via snail mail. There's some inconsistency about whether or not the lack of seat deposit info once you go decision made 100% indicates a WL or Ding this year.

Oh dear ... I live abroad and mail in country is really unreliable... Any other internationals who got their dings/wl over mail mind sharing how long it took for it to arrive? Why don't they just email it?


They may email internationals! I'm not sure, honestly. I hope someone else knows!

They did! WL... Well, better than I thought!

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:06 am

intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Decision Made this morning...no seat deposit info. Guess I'll wait for that snail mail letter.

Same here ... Don't they send decisions by email?


Acceptances come via email...WL and Ding come via snail mail. There's some inconsistency about whether or not the lack of seat deposit info once you go decision made 100% indicates a WL or Ding this year.

Oh dear ... I live abroad and mail in country is really unreliable... Any other internationals who got their dings/wl over mail mind sharing how long it took for it to arrive? Why don't they just email it?


They may email internationals! I'm not sure, honestly. I hope someone else knows!

They did! WL... Well, better than I thought!


That's great! I wonder if it's a WL wave or if all kinds of decisions are coming out. Good luck with everything!

BobBoblaw
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Same here, decision made. Applied on the deadline. Splitter. Last date change on the 14th. No seat deposit info.

User avatar
jjcorvino
Posts: 1441
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Just withdrew, good luck peeps! I have a few friends that went to ND law and loved it.

User avatar
it's allgood
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby it's allgood » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:43 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Wow the packet is very nice. They even gave me a singed card congratulating me and saying how much they loved my personal statement. They gave me a sticker and 60k. Scholarship.


If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your acceptance email? I got my email, but I'm dying to see what they offer me!

Email the 17th, packet the 23rd. I got another email the day after I got my offer from this really cute student ambassador but she never responded to the question I asked her lmao.


thanks! LMAO- did you tell her you got that scholarship $? Maybe then she will come around!

I didn't lol but she is the kinda white girl that'll make you want to go to Notre Dame and never look back lol.


Inappropriate much? On what planet is it appropriate to speak about a woman like that? Not this one. Clearly, you are capable of speaking about someone that is being helpful to you in a respectful and professional manner. So why not do that instead?

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:49 am

it's allgood wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Wow the packet is very nice. They even gave me a singed card congratulating me and saying how much they loved my personal statement. They gave me a sticker and 60k. Scholarship.


If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your acceptance email? I got my email, but I'm dying to see what they offer me!

Email the 17th, packet the 23rd. I got another email the day after I got my offer from this really cute student ambassador but she never responded to the question I asked her lmao.


thanks! LMAO- did you tell her you got that scholarship $? Maybe then she will come around!

I didn't lol but she is the kinda white girl that'll make you want to go to Notre Dame and never look back lol.


Inappropriate much? On what planet is it appropriate to speak about a woman like that? Not this one. Clearly, you are capable of speaking about someone that is being helpful to you in a respectful and professional manner. So why not do that instead?

Stop
Image
News flash, there is nothing inappropriate about that. There is nothing wrong with calling someone attractive. You need to relax and stop being offended by everything.

User avatar
Long shot hero
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Long shot hero » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Wow the packet is very nice. They even gave me a singed card congratulating me and saying how much they loved my personal statement. They gave me a sticker and 60k. Scholarship.


If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your acceptance email? I got my email, but I'm dying to see what they offer me!

Email the 17th, packet the 23rd. I got another email the day after I got my offer from this really cute student ambassador but she never responded to the question I asked her lmao.


thanks! LMAO- did you tell her you got that scholarship $? Maybe then she will come around!

I didn't lol but she is the kinda white girl that'll make you want to go to Notre Dame and never look back lol.


Inappropriate much? On what planet is it appropriate to speak about a woman like that? Not this one. Clearly, you are capable of speaking about someone that is being helpful to you in a respectful and professional manner. So why not do that instead?

Stop
Image
News flash, there is nothing inappropriate about that. There is nothing wrong with calling someone attractive. You need to relax and stop being offended by everything.


+10000 ^^

onecallthats all
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby onecallthats all » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:02 pm

it's allgood wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Wow the packet is very nice. They even gave me a singed card congratulating me and saying how much they loved my personal statement. They gave me a sticker and 60k. Scholarship.


If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your acceptance email? I got my email, but I'm dying to see what they offer me!

Email the 17th, packet the 23rd. I got another email the day after I got my offer from this really cute student ambassador but she never responded to the question I asked her lmao.


thanks! LMAO- did you tell her you got that scholarship $? Maybe then she will come around!

I didn't lol but she is the kinda white girl that'll make you want to go to Notre Dame and never look back lol.


Inappropriate much? On what planet is it appropriate to speak about a woman like that? Not this one. Clearly, you are capable of speaking about someone that is being helpful to you in a respectful and professional manner. So why not do that instead?


Goodness gracious... I truly hope that we end up at the same law school. Being intellectually challenged is an essential part of progression. Law school will be great for you, because it will teach you to find a solution when you would normally find offense.

Dirtyolmuskrat
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dirtyolmuskrat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:28 pm

onecallthats all wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Wow the packet is very nice. They even gave me a singed card congratulating me and saying how much they loved my personal statement. They gave me a sticker and 60k. Scholarship.


If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your acceptance email? I got my email, but I'm dying to see what they offer me!

Email the 17th, packet the 23rd. I got another email the day after I got my offer from this really cute student ambassador but she never responded to the question I asked her lmao.


thanks! LMAO- did you tell her you got that scholarship $? Maybe then she will come around!

I didn't lol but she is the kinda white girl that'll make you want to go to Notre Dame and never look back lol.


Inappropriate much? On what planet is it appropriate to speak about a woman like that? Not this one. Clearly, you are capable of speaking about someone that is being helpful to you in a respectful and professional manner. So why not do that instead?


Goodness gracious... I truly hope that we end up at the same law school. Being intellectually challenged is an essential part of progression. Law school will be great for you, because it will teach you to find a solution when you would normally find offense.


I didn't find it offensive, but no small irony in someone upset at being challenged responding in such a manner... Lol at Oooh that white woman is hot being a great "intellectual challenge" in the first place.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Ya'll crack me up lol.

User avatar
DoYouEvenTLS
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:49 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:42 pm

For the folks that *did* get a scholly bump.. are you expecting any more bumps due to full-riders (or close to it) withdrawing and going elsewhere?

Wish I would've gotten a bump :oops: I'm still holding out hope

User avatar
Pomeranian
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pomeranian » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Did ND release their 2016 employment numbers? I know WUSTL had a very nice bump.

User avatar
DoYouEvenTLS
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:49 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Pomeranian wrote:Did ND release their 2016 employment numbers? I know WUSTL had a very nice bump.



http://law.nd.edu/assets/232629/aba_emp ... f_2016.pdf

godinacup
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby godinacup » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:16 am

Hi, just withdrew with $. Good luck to everyone waiting for good news from NDLS! I loved it when I visited, this was the hardest good-bye :cry:

GoIrish5
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GoIrish5 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Hey all, this is a waitlist related post. I cannot find any statistics regarding the waitlist at ND, when I called them they told me they generally offer about 100 students spots off the waitlist and 30 usually commit to attending the law school. Is there any information regarding how many people are on the waitlist or what the acceptance rate off the waitlist is? I'm really hoping to get in. Thanks.

Tiger1
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tiger1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Just deposited! To all those who decided on ND, I'll see you in the fall!

J.Hwang
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:27 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby J.Hwang » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 am

Just received a slight increase of scholarship few hours after submitting the confirmation of enrollment form! :D
I didn't expect this as I appealed in early March and never heard from them since, but looks like it worked!

User avatar
Long shot hero
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Long shot hero » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 am

J.Hwang wrote:Just received a slight increase of scholarship few hours after submitting the confirmation of enrollment form! :D
I didn't expect this as I appealed in early March and never heard from them since, but looks like it worked!

I'm still holding out for a bump. Think there may be a wave today ?

JD_Kingfish
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:41 am

Long shot hero wrote:
J.Hwang wrote:Just received a slight increase of scholarship few hours after submitting the confirmation of enrollment form! :D
I didn't expect this as I appealed in early March and never heard from them since, but looks like it worked!

I'm still holding out for a bump. Think there may be a wave today ?

Got a tiny bump just now. Submitted appeal form mid March. Wish they weren't so stingy with the $ I really like NDLS.

thatguy2017
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:42 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby thatguy2017 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:02 pm

I applied toward the end of the cycle. Been getting status date changes a lot recently (4-5 times in the past two weeks). Does this mean anything?

Also any idea of my chances: GPA<25%, LSAT>50%, ivy league champ and medalist at national championships for one of HYP

User avatar
Long shot hero
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Long shot hero » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:
Long shot hero wrote:
J.Hwang wrote:Just received a slight increase of scholarship few hours after submitting the confirmation of enrollment form! :D
I didn't expect this as I appealed in early March and never heard from them since, but looks like it worked!

I'm still holding out for a bump. Think there may be a wave today ?

Got a tiny bump just now. Submitted appeal form mid March. Wish they weren't so stingy with the $ I really like NDLS.

Speak of the devil... I just got email and...no bump. Very unattractive.

JD_Kingfish
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Long shot hero wrote:
JD_Kingfish wrote:
Long shot hero wrote:
J.Hwang wrote:Just received a slight increase of scholarship few hours after submitting the confirmation of enrollment form! :D
I didn't expect this as I appealed in early March and never heard from them since, but looks like it worked!

I'm still holding out for a bump. Think there may be a wave today ?

Got a tiny bump just now. Submitted appeal form mid March. Wish they weren't so stingy with the $ I really like NDLS.

Speak of the devil... I just got email and...no bump. Very unattractive.

I already withdrew after seeing such a tiny boost. Liked it there a lot but I can't justify going there financially when objectively better schools have a cheaper COA.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 089234, cog2k, ha8845, HenryHankPalmer, joooookchang, LAW43218905, lawgal2021, monsterc_, OakBrook2021, P55, rachelac, Smicikl2, tinywingnut and 11 guests