Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Application and scholarship record for this cycle:

Accepted
10
11%
Accepted with $
20
22%
Accepted with $$$
30
33%
Waitlisted
23
25%
Rejected
8
9%
 
Total votes: 91

cml731

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cml731 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Mine just went to decision made today, with no seat deposits....is the general consensus still that that doesn't make a difference this year or does that mean bad news?

User avatar
Pomeranian

Bronze
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pomeranian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 am

A NDLS grad and Fox News host the source of the *alleged* Obama wiretapping Trump Tower claim... a different kind of lawyer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/nyre ... ation.html

:lol:

JGPGH

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JGPGH » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Just had a current status date update but the status checker still just says application complete, any thoughts on what this means? Thanks

brewpub16

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Decision made.

brewpub16

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:07 pm

JGPGH wrote:Just had a current status date update but the status checker still just says application complete, any thoughts on what this means? Thanks


If I'm not mistaken, it means your application is under another round of review.

brewpub16

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Anyone have any idea as to how Waitlisted applicants are notified? Is it also through a mail/email combination, just mail, etc?

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amta » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

brewpub16 wrote:Anyone have any idea as to how Waitlisted applicants are notified? Is it also through a mail/email combination, just mail, etc?


snail mail only.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Everyone that went decision made this week or last week (3/16-3/21): what was your decision?

JGPGH

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JGPGH » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:30 pm

brewpub16 wrote:
JGPGH wrote:Just had a current status date update but the status checker still just says application complete, any thoughts on what this means? Thanks


If I'm not mistaken, it means your application is under another round of review.


Gotcha. Thank you!

lk7999

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lk7999 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:51 am

Here's to hoping those of us that went Decision Made on the 20th receive our decision today!

User avatar
shotgunheist

Bronze
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shotgunheist » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 pm

soooooo anyone open that letter yet

GoIrish5

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GoIrish5 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:04 pm

I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:08 pm

GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.

All I can say is I got an email saying congratulations from Notre Dame and then a few days later I got my packet. I was not checking my status checker, so I do not know when it said DLS.

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm

GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.

I guess this means you're in and congratulations are in order! Mind sharing when you sent the application? Thanks

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amta » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm

GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.


i was decision made with seat deposits and then got an email a few hours later.

User avatar
chichi1992

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chichi1992 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 pm

GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.


This is possibly extremely unhelpful, but it seems like everyone has had different experiences with the status checker. I know it's easier said than done, but I would take everything with a grain of salt until you have an actual decision letter/decision e-mail. My status checker said "decision made" for over 2 days before I got an acceptance e-mail. And the seat deposit links took even longer to show up!

GoIrish5

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GoIrish5 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:59 pm

intlbr wrote:
GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.

I guess this means you're in and congratulations are in order! Mind sharing when you sent the application? Thanks


I sent my application in on Feb. 28, still have no idea if I got in though, any explanation as to why you think I did?

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:36 pm

GoIrish5 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.

I guess this means you're in and congratulations are in order! Mind sharing when you sent the application? Thanks


I sent my application in on Feb. 28, still have no idea if I got in though, any explanation as to why you think I did?

I read somewhere that the housing email almost always means acceptance. I might be wrong, though... I also applied on Feb 28, and I did not receive any housing emails... When did you go "complete"?

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:38 pm

intlbr wrote:
GoIrish5 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
GoIrish5 wrote:I am confused about this whole process, does ND send an e-mail saying your decision has been made, is the housing e-mail a big deal and should I be freaking out if I haven't received that yet as my status says decision made 3/20 on the status checker? When should I be expecting a letter? Is it bad that I only had one application complete update before going decision made? Sorry but I just have so many questions.

I guess this means you're in and congratulations are in order! Mind sharing when you sent the application? Thanks


I sent my application in on Feb. 28, still have no idea if I got in though, any explanation as to why you think I did?

I read somewhere that the housing email almost always means acceptance. I might be wrong, though... I also applied on Feb 28, and I did not receive any housing emails... When did you go "complete"?

Oh, I guess I misread. You did not get the housing email!!! Sorry! But I don`t think the other way around in definitely a ding (i mean, if we do not receive the email...). Good luck and let us know when the letter comes in!

Shshs2211

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Shshs2211 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Anyone going getting into South Bend tomorrow planning on going to the happy hour or bowling?

User avatar
khaleesi_k

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby khaleesi_k » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Decision made on 3/20... but no emails yet :(

User avatar
Smallville

Gold
Posts: 4824
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Smallville » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Shshs2211 wrote:Anyone going getting into South Bend tomorrow planning on going to the happy hour or bowling?

bowling is gr8 and any1 here for it should go... just sayin

Lexigator

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lexigator » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 am

Smallville wrote:
Shshs2211 wrote:Anyone going getting into South Bend tomorrow planning on going to the happy hour or bowling?

bowling is gr8 and any1 here for it should go... just sayin

Would have liked to but I'm getting in a tad bit too late.

lk7999

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lk7999 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:05 am

4th day following "Decision Made" status, with no email. Is it safe to assume I will be receiving a WL/rejection via snail mail at this point?

brewpub16

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 pm

lk7999 wrote:4th day following "Decision Made" status, with no email. Is it safe to assume I will be receiving a WL/rejection via snail mail at this point?


It seems like everyone's experience has been different - some on this thread were notified via email, others snail mail. I wouldn't assume that its a WL/Rejection until you actually receive the letter in the mail. I know its frustrating, I'm also waiting for a decision.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: speed_the_loot and 6 guests