UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
119
29%
Public Interest #Berkeley
84
20%
Government
42
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
7
2%
California
71
17%
NYC
39
9%
DC
20
5%
Other North East
9
2%
Midwest
13
3%
South
12
3%
 
Total votes: 416

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:slidin in her profile rigo

mista steal yo stats

treetops_rising

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby treetops_rising » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

*Edited out identifying info. For stats pm me, check profile, or lsn*

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Last edited by treetops_rising on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

treetops_rising

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby treetops_rising » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Rigo wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:slidin in her profile rigo

mista steal yo stats

Lol!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 pm

[+] Spoiler
crookedsmile wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Received my acceptance packet today. Really nice, with a cool map of the Bay area included. Also had a post-it note from the adcomms that quoted one of my LOR which was really cool. Apparently they actually read those, now I'm interested in which Prof. wrote the one they liked


When were you admitted, if you don't mind me asking? I was admitted 20 days ago and still have not gotten the package.

1/17. Congrats on the acceptance!

crookedsmile

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crookedsmile » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:55 pm

chargers21 wrote:
[+] Spoiler
crookedsmile wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Received my acceptance packet today. Really nice, with a cool map of the Bay area included. Also had a post-it note from the adcomms that quoted one of my LOR which was really cool. Apparently they actually read those, now I'm interested in which Prof. wrote the one they liked


When were you admitted, if you don't mind me asking? I was admitted 20 days ago and still have not gotten the package.

1/17. Congrats on the acceptance!


Thanks! Same to you. Getting anxious I haven't received that package as I'm in California AND an alumni with the same address I had while doing undergrad there.

User avatar
nimbus2020

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nimbus2020 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 pm

It took me a week to get my package and I'm in California as well

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:43 pm

one week till D-Day

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:one week till D-Day

What's this again

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BrittanyJeream » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:46 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:one week till D-Day


Yep - bring on the first R on my file :(

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Rigo wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:one week till D-Day

What's this again


first batch of faculty review decisions

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

BrittanyJeream wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:one week till D-Day


Yep - bring on the first R on my file :(


I hope they spare us and release it first thing in the morning

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
Rigo wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:one week till D-Day

What's this again

first batch of faculty review decisions

Ah okay thanks. Won't affect me since Im still merely complete :?

connordalto

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby connordalto » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Still just complete... any Jan. app submissions had any movement yet? I've been complete for a week or two now. Maybe we'll get moved up after this batch of faculty reviews get released?

Congrats to errybody who got in!

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:51 pm

connordalto wrote:Still just complete... any Jan. app submissions had any movement yet? I've been complete for a week or two now. Maybe we'll get moved up after this batch of faculty reviews get released?

Congrats to errybody who got in!

Someone who was complete 1/4 has gone under review.
I went complete 1/6 though and still idling there.
If Im not next, idk who is.

hernandp

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hernandp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:03 pm

I received my acceptance package yesterday! I wanted to point out that I never received a status checker even though I contacted them various times by email. Also, I did not receive an acceptance email. It was not until I saw the package at my house that I realized I was accepted, which actually made it all more exciting. But I think there's definitely still hope if you haven't heard back from them. Good luck to everyone else! :)

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Rigo wrote:
connordalto wrote:Still just complete... any Jan. app submissions had any movement yet? I've been complete for a week or two now. Maybe we'll get moved up after this batch of faculty reviews get released?

Congrats to errybody who got in!

Someone who was complete 1/4 has gone under review.
I went complete 1/6 though and still idling there.
If Im not next, idk who is.

I was complete 1/4 (post Dec score) and UR 1/23. Perhaps they select UR based on numbers?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:28 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
Rigo wrote:
connordalto wrote:Still just complete... any Jan. app submissions had any movement yet? I've been complete for a week or two now. Maybe we'll get moved up after this batch of faculty reviews get released?
Congrats to errybody who got in!

Someone who was complete 1/4 has gone under review.
I went complete 1/6 though and still idling there.
If Im not next, idk who is.

I was complete 1/4 (post Dec score) and UR 1/23. Perhaps they select UR based on numbers?

I don't think so, but I guess it will take someone who went complete after me yet UR before me to prove that wrong.
Berekley isnt turning its nose up at my numbers. Not trying to brag but I just can't think of why they would skip over me. Definitely not for stats reasons.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Loving the PI/govt bent in the poll.
I mean, a bunch of us are idealistic liars but I definitely appreciate how some schools like Berk & NYU tend to attract a student body with more diverse goals.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Rigo wrote:Loving the PI/govt bent in the poll.
I mean, a bunch of us are idealistic liars but I definitely appreciate how some schools like Berk & NYU tend to attract a student body with more diverse goals.


In reality, I want to do both but start off in BL, but there wasn't an option for that lol

connordalto

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby connordalto » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Rigo wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
Rigo wrote:
connordalto wrote:Still just complete... any Jan. app submissions had any movement yet? I've been complete for a week or two now. Maybe we'll get moved up after this batch of faculty reviews get released?
Congrats to errybody who got in!

Someone who was complete 1/4 has gone under review.
I went complete 1/6 though and still idling there.
If Im not next, idk who is.

I was complete 1/4 (post Dec score) and UR 1/23. Perhaps they select UR based on numbers?

I don't think so, but I guess it will take someone who went complete after me yet UR before me to prove that wrong.
Berekley isnt turning its nose up at my numbers. Not trying to brag but I just can't think of why they would skip over me. Definitely not for stats reasons.


I was complete 1/11... so maybe they got a bunch of people who submitted the day after Dec. LSAT scores came back and we will be in the next batch? Idk I'm sitting right on the medians and Berk is just a black hole for guessing. Not tryna get my hopes up but who knows!

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Rigo wrote:Loving the PI/govt bent in the poll.
I mean, a bunch of us are idealistic liars but I definitely appreciate how some schools like Berk & NYU tend to attract a student body with more diverse goals.


ily

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Rigo wrote:Loving the PI/govt bent in the poll.
I mean, a bunch of us are idealistic liars but I definitely appreciate how some schools like Berk & NYU tend to attract a student body with more diverse goals.

ily

will you take me
for richer and for POORER

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:24 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Wed May 10, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Monday wrote:I went complete 1/5 so I'm next! :twisted:

Hopefully Monday, Monday!

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chandhi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:
connordalto wrote:Still just complete... any Jan. app submissions had any movement yet? I've been complete for a week or two now. Maybe we'll get moved up after this batch of faculty reviews get released?

Congrats to errybody who got in!

Someone who was complete 1/4 has gone under review.
I went complete 1/6 though and still idling there.
If Im not next, idk who is.

I went complete 1/5 so I'm next! :twisted:

I went complete 1/11 and am desperately hoping to be lumped in with you folks



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests