UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
117
28%
Public Interest #Berkeley
83
20%
Government
42
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
7
2%
California
70
17%
NYC
39
9%
DC
20
5%
Other North East
9
2%
Midwest
13
3%
South
12
3%
 
Total votes: 412

User avatar
FEDRESRV
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby FEDRESRV » Tue May 09, 2017 11:58 am

rwajo12 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


Received as well. Fingers crossed I get in....it's my dream school


So if we are still interested we don't reply right?


Right

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Keilz wrote:I just declined my offer :'(

Duke? :D

User avatar
Litt1tUp
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Litt1tUp » Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm

For anyone held or on the waitlist -

In the Facebook group we have 232 members, I think a handful are current students so maybe 222 admits, and of course there might be some admits who haven't joined. They aim to have a class of 270 incoming students and 30 LLMs from what I was told.

So there looks to be 40-50 spots open, pending upon how many admits have accepted and not joined the fb group.

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:For anyone held or on the waitlist -

In the Facebook group we have 232 members, I think a handful are current students so maybe 222 admits, and of course there might be some admits who haven't joined. They aim to have a class of 270 incoming students and 30 LLMs from what I was told.

So there looks to be 40-50 spots open, pending upon how many admits have accepted and not joined the fb group.


When is the next deposit due date.

User avatar
dietcoke1
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:30 pm

rwajo12 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:For anyone held or on the waitlist -

In the Facebook group we have 232 members, I think a handful are current students so maybe 222 admits, and of course there might be some admits who haven't joined. They aim to have a class of 270 incoming students and 30 LLMs from what I was told.

So there looks to be 40-50 spots open, pending upon how many admits have accepted and not joined the fb group.


When is the next deposit due date.

june 1 is the deadline to commit

User avatar
studyingeveryday
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Wed May 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Keilz wrote:I just declined my offer :'(


:(

Keilz
Posts: 2305
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:
Keilz wrote:I just declined my offer :'(


:(


I'll be jealous of your California living back on the east coast as I'm shivering back home from the library at 2am!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 16054
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:
quigleyest wrote:

Did you end up applying last night?

Rigo needs to know so he can get started on his kill list.

Necro edits

Monday
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Monday » Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:27 am

Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:
quigleyest wrote:

Did you end up applying last night?

Rigo needs to know so he can get started on his kill list.

Necro edits

Back when I thought you were a girl.

you mean he's not?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 16054
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 am

charles117 wrote:
Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:Necro edits

Back when I thought you were a girl.

you mean he's not?

I'm not a girl.
[+] Spoiler
Not yet a woman.

User avatar
ahendrix3
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ahendrix3 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:48 pm

I declined my offer yesterday. Good luck everybody, enjoy California :)

quigleyest
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby quigleyest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Rigo wrote:
Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:
quigleyest wrote:

Did you end up applying last night?

Rigo needs to know so he can get started on his kill list.

Necro edits


As an update, I'm on the waitlist and deposited at CCN


User avatar
calpolisci2016
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm



Fantastic news.

This makes me feel more confident in my decision since boalt dropped in the rankings. We're gonna make Boalt Great Again, folks.
Last edited by calpolisci2016 on Wed May 17, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Any of my fellow Hold applicants, hear back yet?

janereacher
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby janereacher » Wed May 17, 2017 1:28 pm

rwajo12 wrote:Any of my fellow Hold applicants, hear back yet?


Radio silence here.

User avatar
FEDRESRV
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby FEDRESRV » Wed May 17, 2017 1:38 pm

janereacher wrote:
rwajo12 wrote:Any of my fellow Hold applicants, hear back yet?


Radio silence here.


Same. I received an e-mail this morning around 10:00 a.m. regarding the Chermerinksy hire.

kaptainkeepa
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kaptainkeepa » Wed May 17, 2017 1:50 pm



This gave me a heart attack.

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:


This gave me a heart attack.


God, me too after I read the first line. :?

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:14 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:


This gave me a heart attack.


isnt this good for berkeley?

kaptainkeepa
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kaptainkeepa » Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 pm

charles117 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:


This gave me a heart attack.


isnt this good for berkeley?


Yes. I was referring to getting an email from admissions thinking it was a decision on the hold.

lilikoillama
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lilikoillama » Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
charles117 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:


This gave me a heart attack.


isnt this good for berkeley?


Yes. I was referring to getting an email from admissions thinking it was a decision on the hold.


Maaaaaaybe this is good news for us hold people! They've been so busy trying to get a new Dean, and now they're done with that so they have time for us again! Maybe...

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:26 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
charles117 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:


This gave me a heart attack.


isnt this good for berkeley?


Yes. I was referring to getting an email from admissions thinking it was a decision on the hold.


Maaaaaaybe this is good news for us hold people! They've been so busy trying to get a new Dean, and now they're done with that so they have time for us again! Maybe...


Fingers crossed. It would suck to have waited this long for a denial. :(

scoot456
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby scoot456 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:05 pm

-
Last edited by scoot456 on Tue May 30, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 64662722, andysimbi, bas1, Bhb806, Google [Bot], Lil_Poundcake, NeneLeakesss_409, OtisRedding24, robin acrewood, seraph9, sev, vikingrunner, vishniac, Zoobanks and 22 guests