UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
117
28%
Public Interest #Berkeley
83
20%
Government
42
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
7
2%
California
70
17%
NYC
39
9%
DC
20
5%
Other North East
9
2%
Midwest
13
3%
South
12
3%
 
Total votes: 412

User avatar
rizzlebizness
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:32 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rizzlebizness » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm

withdrew from acceptance. GL to all of you!

eck456
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby eck456 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:27 pm

me too! my heart was there, the logistics/ finances were not. love and luck to all!

LHS17
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LHS17 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Withdrew a few weeks ago. Received an automated email today saying I could find changes to my financial award in the link. No change. Wtf?

User avatar
Leliana
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 am

LHS17 wrote:Withdrew a few weeks ago. Received an automated email today saying I could find changes to my financial award in the link. No change. Wtf?


The same happened to me. :lol:

lilikoillama
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lilikoillama » Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 pm

For my fellow "held" people, anyone heard any news?

Has anyone checked their status checker and seen any date changes? I'm getting antsy :shock:

ColombiaConfused
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ColombiaConfused » Mon May 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Withdrew - good luck y'all!! :D

kaptainkeepa
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kaptainkeepa » Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 pm

lilikoillama wrote:For my fellow "held" people, anyone heard any news?

Has anyone checked their status checker and seen any date changes? I'm getting antsy :shock:


No but I'm getting impatient here!

grandesoylatte
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby grandesoylatte » Tue May 02, 2017 12:17 pm

is anyone else STILL waiting for financial aid info? Was accepted in February and still waiting

User avatar
Litt1tUp
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Litt1tUp » Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 pm

grandesoylatte wrote:is anyone else STILL waiting for financial aid info? Was accepted in February and still waiting


Did you get the email to check my finances on calcentral? If so, that's the email stating that's your final offer from what I was told.

lilikoillama
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lilikoillama » Tue May 02, 2017 3:46 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:For my fellow "held" people, anyone heard any news?

Has anyone checked their status checker and seen any date changes? I'm getting antsy :shock:


No but I'm getting impatient here!


Me too! What are they waiting for? so many deadlines have passed, they must have some idea of who is committing or who withdrew for other schools :cry:

emlaw03
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby emlaw03 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:53 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:For my fellow "held" people, anyone heard any news?

Has anyone checked their status checker and seen any date changes? I'm getting antsy :shock:


No but I'm getting impatient here!


Me too! What are they waiting for? so many deadlines have passed, they must have some idea of who is committing or who withdrew for other schools :cry:


Just spoke with admissions (for a different reason), but they said their next deadline to accept scholarships is 5/4...so hopefully their will be movement after that!

grandesoylatte
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby grandesoylatte » Tue May 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
grandesoylatte wrote:is anyone else STILL waiting for financial aid info? Was accepted in February and still waiting


Did you get the email to check my finances on calcentral? If so, that's the email stating that's your final offer from what I was told.


nope, still haven't gotten it. I also check calcentral fairly regularly and no new info is posted ATM

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:37 pm

anyone have any news on what the inside scoop on waitlist movement will be?

Veil of Ignorance
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Mon May 08, 2017 1:13 am

jackstraw92 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Berkeley has not updated their website since ending the matching scholarship program, and the information on how to apply for scholarship reconsideration seems outdated, with the email still being matching@law.berkeley.edu. Anyone have any insight on this front?


They explained this at ASW - the matching scholarship program has ended but it's basically been replaced by the "scholarship reconsideration" process, which still uses the same matching@law.berkeley.edu email account. It was pretty clear they expect that admits will attach peer offers when they make reconsideration requests, and you have to give a specific amount of aid you're asking for.

Do you know what the ceiling of the scholarship reconsideration is?

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions

lilikoillama
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lilikoillama » Mon May 08, 2017 4:11 pm

charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?

Ashcashbgash
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Ashcashbgash » Mon May 08, 2017 4:16 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?


I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.

lilikoillama
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lilikoillama » Mon May 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?


I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.


I wonder what our ranking in the waitlist is then, since we never got quartile rankings like the normal waitlist did.

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:08 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?


I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.


I wonder what our ranking in the waitlist is then, since we never got quartile rankings like the normal waitlist did.


A few ppl on the earlier threads had said that hold was slightly higher since we hadn't been given an admission decision to begin with. But on the other hand, we still can get waitlisted. I thought only hold ppl got the email no?

lilikoillama
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lilikoillama » Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm

rwajo12 wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?


I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.


I wonder what our ranking in the waitlist is then, since we never got quartile rankings like the normal waitlist did.


A few ppl on the earlier threads had said that hold was slightly higher since we hadn't been given an admission decision to begin with. But on the other hand, we still can get waitlisted. I thought only hold ppl got the email no?


Nope, it seems like everyone got it. Hold people + all waitlist people too. I'm hoping we're higher. I'm over here like, of course I'm still interested Berk, i never got a decision in the first place! :cry:

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
rwajo12 wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?


I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.


I wonder what our ranking in the waitlist is then, since we never got quartile rankings like the normal waitlist did.


A few ppl on the earlier threads had said that hold was slightly higher since we hadn't been given an admission decision to begin with. But on the other hand, we still can get waitlisted. I thought only hold ppl got the email no?


Nope, it seems like everyone got it. Hold people + all waitlist people too. I'm hoping we're higher. I'm over here like, of course I'm still interested Berk, i never got a decision in the first place! :cry:


From what I've just read on different sites, hold is somewhat higher.

heyya0909
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby heyya0909 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Did anyone who applied to housing hear back?

kaptainkeepa
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kaptainkeepa » Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 pm

charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


Received as well. Fingers crossed I get in....it's my dream school

Keilz
Posts: 2304
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 am

I just declined my offer :'(

rwajo12
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rwajo12 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:00 am

kaptainkeepa wrote:
charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions


Received as well. Fingers crossed I get in....it's my dream school


So if we are still interested we don't reply right?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AMcJV12, phqd_roar and 9 guests