lunamoon wrote:Hi Everyone,
First time posting. As many of you here, I am in financial aid limbo. I never received an offer, and whenever I reached out they simply told me I was still "under review". I finally decided to send a reconsideration offer, since I had a scholarship deadline. I already send an email to Kristin - she replied that they would try to give me a response ASAP - but haven't heard anything since. I have sent follow up emails but have not received a reply. After reading through the posts it seems people have been getting mixed responses - some have received an offer hours after submitting a request, while others have been waiting weeks.
I was wondering if people who have been successful with their reconsideration requests, could pm me any advice. It's been about two weeks since I sent the request. Is there any number I can call or should I just keep emailing? I really want to go to Berkeley, and just knowing I have some money would allow me to commit.
Hey! So I submitted my scholarship reconsideration request and heavily emphasized the deadline. I asked the other school (we'll just call it School X) for an extension (highly recommend you do this too, worst they can say is no), explaining that I was seriously considering their offer but also that the other school (Berkeley) hadn't gotten back to me with financial aid info and that I didn't feel comfortable making a decision without all the information. X gave me another week and in that time Berkeley got back to me with a comparable offer.
I think making sure that everyone and their mother knows that you're under a specific deadline is important (I told financial aid, the matching people, Alvarez, everyone), and just try to get the other school to hold off as long as possible. Good luck!