UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
118
28%
Public Interest #Berkeley
84
20%
Government
42
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
7
2%
California
71
17%
NYC
39
9%
DC
20
5%
Other North East
9
2%
Midwest
13
3%
South
12
3%
 
Total votes: 415

abc12345678

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

sweetsmellofjustice wrote:Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.


That's exactly what I did yesterday haha. So stressful. Have there been any confirmed FR dings today though?

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BoyJord » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

sweetsmellofjustice wrote:Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.


was there another Ding wave today? or is everyone going to hear back Accept/Ding/WL tomorrow?

sweetsmellofjustice

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:I kept getting emails from schools like John Marshall saying Admissions office and it's pissing me off lol. I keep thinking it's Berkeley.


SAME!

sweetsmellofjustice

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:15 pm

BoyJord wrote:
sweetsmellofjustice wrote:Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.


was there another Ding wave today? or is everyone going to hear back Accept/Ding/WL tomorrow?


So far no one has reported an FR ding here, so either admissions is holding off until tomorrow or at the very worst holding off for Friday. It's really hard to predict a pattern for all of this. No idea why they would suddenly skip today for reporting admission results though

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:16 pm

It's only 1:16 in CA, there's still hope right?

abc12345678

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:17 pm

sweetsmellofjustice wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
sweetsmellofjustice wrote:Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.


was there another Ding wave today? or is everyone going to hear back Accept/Ding/WL tomorrow?


So far no one has reported an FR ding here, so either admissions is holding off until tomorrow or at the very worst holding off for Friday. It's really hard to predict a pattern for all of this. No idea why they would suddenly skip today for reporting admission results though


Did the WL/Dings come out the day before the acceptances in the last wave?

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:18 pm

proteinshake wrote:It's only 1:16 in CA, there's still hope right?

Man I saw the words "In CA" and my heart jumped lol

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:It's only 1:16 in CA, there's still hope right?


yes. I recall the status checker changing around 3pm 2pm PST for the first batch of FR

edit*

sweetsmellofjustice

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:29 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:It's only 1:16 in CA, there's still hope right?


yes. I recall the status checker changing around 3pm 2pm PST for the first batch of FR

edit*


This is making me extremely anxious. 30 more min until 2 pm PST.

ellielaw

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ellielaw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm

For those already admitted, is anyone else having trouble accessing parts of the Admitted Students Website?

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:35 pm

ellielaw wrote:For those already admitted, is anyone else having trouble accessing parts of the Admitted Students Website?

Doesn't work for me, but it previously did.

"You don't have access to this portion of the website. If you believe this is an error, please contact admissions@law.berkeley.edu"

ellielaw

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ellielaw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:36 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
ellielaw wrote:For those already admitted, is anyone else having trouble accessing parts of the Admitted Students Website?

Doesn't work for me, but it previously did.

"You don't have access to this portion of the website. If you believe this is an error, please contact admissions@law.berkeley.edu"


It was working over the weekend, but now I'm getting the same message.

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BoyJord » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 pm

ellielaw wrote:For those already admitted, is anyone else having trouble accessing parts of the Admitted Students Website?


This guy parading his/her acceptance in our faces! We are trying to properly agonize about being under FR right now, show some respect

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:50 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
ellielaw wrote:For those already admitted, is anyone else having trouble accessing parts of the Admitted Students Website?

Doesn't work for me, but it previously did.

"You don't have access to this portion of the website. If you believe this is an error, please contact admissions@law.berkeley.edu"

Same here. They had some issues with the admitted students website back in December when they first sent out the link - wonder if this problem is the same. They sent out an email that time so we might get something from them shortly.

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:03 pm

sweetsmellofjustice wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:It's only 1:16 in CA, there's still hope right?


yes. I recall the status checker changing around 3pm 2pm PST for the first batch of FR

edit*


This is making me extremely anxious. 30 more min until 2 pm PST.


Well..?

sweetsmellofjustice

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:23 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
sweetsmellofjustice wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:It's only 1:16 in CA, there's still hope right?


yes. I recall the status checker changing around 3pm 2pm PST for the first batch of FR

edit*


This is making me extremely anxious. 30 more min until 2 pm PST.


Well..?


No results yet

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby armc808 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Anyone heard back re: scholarship packages yet? They were technically supposed to release the first wave a week ago.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31 pm

armc808 wrote:Anyone heard back re: scholarship packages yet? They were technically supposed to release the first wave a week ago.


still nothing :( I've been obsessively looking at my e-mail all day every day since Feb 15...and no :cry:

User avatar
big_willy_style_333

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:35 pm

airwrecka wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone heard back re: scholarship packages yet? They were technically supposed to release the first wave a week ago.


still nothing :( I've been obsessively looking at my e-mail all day every day since Feb 15...and no :cry:

.
Last edited by big_willy_style_333 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

170orDie

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:04 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 170orDie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
170orDie wrote:Got the ding today:/ Berk was my number 1 choice. Sad life



When did you apply ?


Applied late december, went complete early January, I think 1/7

User avatar
dwall1121

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:55 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dwall1121 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Just went to check the status checker and now there is like a "mailings" section but the box is all grey with like nothing listed in it. I don't remember this being here when I checked yesterday but I might be going crazy. Under FR; didn't know if this was like a sign of something/if other people are seeing this too/if I'm just being neurotic per usual?

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BoyJord » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 pm

dwall1121 wrote:Just went to check the status checker and now there is like a "mailings" section but the box is all grey with like nothing listed in it. I don't remember this being here when I checked yesterday but I might be going crazy. Under FR; didn't know if this was like a sign of something/if other people are seeing this too/if I'm just being neurotic per usual?


FWIW my checker has the same box but i cannot remember if it's been there before either. So I'm not helping except to say, you're not alone in your neurosis

abc12345678

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:05 pm

dwall1121 wrote:Just went to check the status checker and now there is like a "mailings" section but the box is all grey with like nothing listed in it. I don't remember this being here when I checked yesterday but I might be going crazy. Under FR; didn't know if this was like a sign of something/if other people are seeing this too/if I'm just being neurotic per usual?


Fairly sure that's always been there.

j2sh

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby j2sh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:07 pm

BoyJord wrote:
dwall1121 wrote:Just went to check the status checker and now there is like a "mailings" section but the box is all grey with like nothing listed in it. I don't remember this being here when I checked yesterday but I might be going crazy. Under FR; didn't know if this was like a sign of something/if other people are seeing this too/if I'm just being neurotic per usual?


FWIW my checker has the same box but i cannot remember if it's been there before either. So I'm not helping except to say, you're not alone in your neurosis

+1

abc12345678

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Anyone know how much of a time gap there was for last FR wave between the status checker being updated and receiving an email? Refreshing this page is giving me mega anxiety, I'd rather it just pop up on email on its own :( :(



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests