UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
119
29%
Public Interest #Berkeley
84
20%
Government
42
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
7
2%
California
71
17%
NYC
39
9%
DC
20
5%
Other North East
9
2%
Midwest
13
3%
South
12
3%
 
Total votes: 416

hopeful applicant

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hopeful applicant » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.

User avatar
Litt1tUp

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:31 pm

hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Lol if that was me, I would be so impatient, I'd just walk over and get it. No shame!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Lol if that was me, I would be so impatient, I'd just walk over and get it. No shame!


Walk into the admissions office like Image

genjustice

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby genjustice » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for CalNet IDs to get sent out?

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:07 pm

genjustice wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes for CalNet IDs to get sent out?

also if we went to cal for undergrad does our calnet id stay the same?

User avatar
nimbus2020

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nimbus2020 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:11 pm

charles117 wrote:
genjustice wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes for CalNet IDs to get sent out?

also if we went to cal for undergrad does our calnet id stay the same?


Took me a week to get the email. It says that if you already have one you don't need to create another.

hopeful applicant

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hopeful applicant » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:11 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Lol if that was me, I would be so impatient, I'd just walk over and get it. No shame!


Walk into the admissions office like

:lol:

bettyboopydoop

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bettyboopydoop » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:47 pm

hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Got mine today but I'm in state

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:23 pm

bettyboopydoop wrote:
hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Got mine today but I'm in state


Can you describe what's in the packet? Anything good or just the normal stuff?

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
bettyboopydoop wrote:
hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Got mine today but I'm in state


Can you describe what's in the packet? Anything good or just the normal stuff?


Curious too! I live in state and haven't received anything yet :/

cakewalk

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:14 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cakewalk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:29 pm

charles117 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
charles117 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

what date counts as the first batch of faculty review


those that went under faculty review on 1/12

ah I guess the 1/31 group is the second batch?



I went UFR 1/18, so I think that's the second batch.

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Christinabruin wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
bettyboopydoop wrote:
hopeful applicant wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

What makes you say that?


USPS notification said I should receive a package from Berkeley, CA today (99% sure no one else would send me something from Berkeley)


I got mine yesterday! I live 5 minutes away from campus so that must have helped.


Got mine today but I'm in state


Can you describe what's in the packet? Anything good or just the normal stuff?


Curious too! I live in state and haven't received anything yet :/


I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:34 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:
I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


Niceeeee I love that. Thank you for the details!

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


That sounds so cool!! Thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to receive mine too :) Were you admitted through FR on 2/2 as well?

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Christinabruin wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


That sounds so cool!! Thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to receive mine too :) Were you admitted through FR on 2/2 as well?


yes, through FR! :)

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


That sounds so cool!! Thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to receive mine too :) Were you admitted through FR on 2/2 as well?


yes, through FR! :)


Awesome, congrats!! Now I can't wait for my package either :D

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Christinabruin wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


That sounds so cool!! Thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to receive mine too :) Were you admitted through FR on 2/2 as well?


yes, through FR! :)


Awesome, congrats!! Now I can't wait for my package either :D


Congrats to you too! I'm still looking through it but it's great so far!

crookedsmile

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crookedsmile » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:44 pm

charles117 wrote:
genjustice wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes for CalNet IDs to get sent out?

also if we went to cal for undergrad does our calnet id stay the same?


Yes my friend, yes it does :D

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 pm

There are so many Golden Bears on TLS, I'm now suspecting whether I've sat next to any of you in one of my undergrad classes...

genjustice

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby genjustice » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Thought I would share some great pics of the school that I just found: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29370912@ ... 264562163/

Very excited! Any thoughts, y'all? :D

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:29 pm

genjustice wrote:Thought I would share some great pics of the school that I just found: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29370912@ ... 264562163/

Very excited! Any thoughts, y'all? :D


these are so great!!

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:57 pm

cakewalk wrote:
charles117 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
charles117 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:first batch of faculty review people I think we are getting our admit package very soon

what date counts as the first batch of faculty review


those that went under faculty review on 1/12

ah I guess the 1/31 group is the second batch?



I went UFR 1/18, so I think that's the second batch.

Will be ready by the 24th?

whydetached

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby whydetached » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 am

Congrats! I guess I'l see my package two weeks later as I'm out of town right now.
Just curious if there's any time sensitive matter mentioned in the package? I don't want to miss important dates just because I'm out of town and open the package too late...

studyingeveryday wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


That sounds so cool!! Thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to receive mine too :) Were you admitted through FR on 2/2 as well?


yes, through FR! :)


Awesome, congrats!! Now I can't wait for my package either :D


Congrats to you too! I'm still looking through it but it's great so far!

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:21 am

calpolisci2016 wrote:There are so many Golden Bears on TLS, I'm now suspecting whether I've sat next to any of you in one of my undergrad classes...

cals a big school, bound to be a few pre law kids here and there

bettyboopydoop

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bettyboopydoop » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:56 am

studyingeveryday wrote:
I live out of state and received mine, it was the official acceptance letter, a letter from the Dean, a letter from career development, and letter from financial aid). There was also a thick book with info all about Berkeley, which was really nice. The folder it's in is quite cute and our name is handwritten on it. Also a cool map of the bay area.


Yeah it's super cute! They have quotes from John Lennon and Mother Theresa which is just the hippie-dippy stuff I'm into. It got me super excited!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests