UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
28%
Public Interest #Berkeley
20%
Government
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
2%
California
17%
NYC
9%
DC
5%
Other North East
2%
Midwest
3%
South
3%

Total votes: 418

Rigo

Diamond

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by Rigo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
Reid-Bailey wrote:When they say "a final decision will be reached on or around February 24" does that mean I could reasonably get a decision today or tomorrow?

Just looking for some support here guys, for my hopes, dreams and impatience.
Yes. First round of FR heard a day earlier. Good chance you guys will too. Good luck!
I'm excited, man the time just flew right by lol.
No matter what happens, I'm ready to know.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Rigo wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Reid-Bailey wrote:When they say "a final decision will be reached on or around February 24" does that mean I could reasonably get a decision today or tomorrow?

Yes. First round of FR heard a day earlier. Good chance you guys will too. Good luck!
Wishing you the best bro. I am as well. I didn't even think I would make FR.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

It's very exciting. Only thing that rivals that is waiting to hear about scholly $. But I'm sure you two will share in that angst soon enough!

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

sitting here in my robe, neurotically refreshing email... I'd be lying if I said FR didn't get my hopes up.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm

A WL/reject would still be a relief for me and an accept would lead to months more of angst (as I try to figure out finances), so I'm just ready either way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Rigo wrote:A WL/reject would still be a relief for me and an accept would lead to months more of angst (as I try to figure out finances), so I'm just ready either way.
I feel you waiting for scholly info. That didn't go to well in last year's thread.

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Rigo wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
Rigo wrote:
LawTweet wrote:Has anyone heard about money yet?

Also, I know Berkeley ended it's matching program, but do you think they are still friendly to scholarship negotiations w/ peer schools?
Yeah. They can't just not negotiate. That's how they'd get a 164 median real fast.
As it is, they already have the lowest LSAT median in the T14, so it's probably not too hard to maintain a 165-166 even while being stingy with aid.
How do you figure?
If they stopped negotiating without being way more generous with initial offers I don't see how they could maintain.

*and I'm saying they can't afford to get STINGIER.
Sure they could probably maintain if they stayed the same level of stinginess.
They could get stingier and still maintain medians by taking more splitters and reverse splitters (sacrificing 25th's) who have no other T14 options.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Anyone know the first day ppl heard scholly info last cycle?

pipipipi

Bronze

Post by pipipipi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 pm

bearedman8 wrote:
abc12345678 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
abc12345678 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
pipipipi wrote:Can anyone explain what is Final Review?

My status checker changed to "under review" as of 1/31, which is listed as the current status date.
Strangely enough, I just received an email informing me that my application "was processed successfully and is now under review."

I thought I have already been under review for nearly a month...Is this final review? Or my file was ghosted and now found....

Thank you!!
Exact same situation for me, and I have no clue what it means either. My status checker says that I've been under review since 1/31, but I just got the email an hour ago saying that my application is now under review. No date/status checker change.

I'm worried that they sent us the wrong email. :/
If it's faculty review that's not a bad thing! It means that the Dean read your application and has now sent it on to be further reviewed. Some people are immediately accepted by the dean whilst are immediately rejected. It means that he sees potential in your application, but is not positive and would like the faculty committee's input.
It's not faculty review. It's that we were already under review as of 1/31 and just got an email saying that we are now under review.
Ah sorry. Misunderstood. Maybe email them back and see what's up? It may be that they intended to send that email at the time you went under review and are just getting that to you now and you will still find out this week with the other FR. I went UR 1/31, too!
I just called and they said that today's email was probably an error.
Thanks for the info! Did they say what email it was supposed to be? Not FR right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Looked at applicants on Berkeley LSN and man that rejection wave yesterday was brutal.

abc12345678

New

Post by abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:Looked at applicants on Berkeley LSN and man that rejection wave yesterday was brutal.
Here's hoping that doesn't continue for FR today :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

abc12345678

New

Post by abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:

Did we figure out if reject/WL tend to hear back before acceptances? Trying to prepare myself mentally ugh :? :?

fmmf

New

Post by fmmf » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 pm

cooldog wrote:Can't seem to get onto Berkeley's website since noon. Anyone else has the same problem?
I'm not getting in, either.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:11 pm

fmmf wrote:
cooldog wrote:Can't seem to get onto Berkeley's website since noon. Anyone else has the same problem?
I'm able to.

cooldog

New

Post by cooldog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

fmmf wrote:
I can now...freaked me out a little bit yesterday because I thought my status was being changed.

dwall1121

New

Post by dwall1121 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:52 pm

cooldog wrote:
fmmf wrote:
I can now...freaked me out a little bit yesterday because I thought my status was being changed.
I'm sure this is somewhere above but I've been scrolling and can't find it. Does anyone know if the status checkers will be changed with the decision first or if we will get an email first? Trying to find out if I need to constantly refresh my status checker these next few days or not. Good luck FR fam! Glad I had you all to wait out this crazy process with

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:56 pm

dwall1121 wrote:
cooldog wrote:
fmmf wrote:
I'm sure this is somewhere above but I've been scrolling and can't find it. Does anyone know if the status checkers will be changed with the decision first or if we will get an email first? Trying to find out if I need to constantly refresh my status checker these next few days or not. Good luck FR fam! Glad I had you all to wait out this crazy process with
status checker changed first last time, GL!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:43 pm

please be today!!!

sweetsmellofjustice

New

Post by sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.

bearedman8

Bronze

Post by bearedman8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

pipipipi wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
abc12345678 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
abc12345678 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
pipipipi wrote:Can anyone explain what is Final Review?

My status checker changed to "under review" as of 1/31, which is listed as the current status date.
Strangely enough, I just received an email informing me that my application "was processed successfully and is now under review."

I thought I have already been under review for nearly a month...Is this final review? Or my file was ghosted and now found....

Thank you!!
Exact same situation for me, and I have no clue what it means either. My status checker says that I've been under review since 1/31, but I just got the email an hour ago saying that my application is now under review. No date/status checker change.

I'm worried that they sent us the wrong email. :/
If it's faculty review that's not a bad thing! It means that the Dean read your application and has now sent it on to be further reviewed. Some people are immediately accepted by the dean whilst are immediately rejected. It means that he sees potential in your application, but is not positive and would like the faculty committee's input.
It's not faculty review. It's that we were already under review as of 1/31 and just got an email saying that we are now under review.
Ah sorry. Misunderstood. Maybe email them back and see what's up? It may be that they intended to send that email at the time you went under review and are just getting that to you now and you will still find out this week with the other FR. I went UR 1/31, too!
I just called and they said that today's email was probably an error.
Thanks for the info! Did they say what email it was supposed to be? Not FR right?
No, we just weren't supposed to get any email at all.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

I kept getting emails from schools like John Marshall saying Admissions office and it's pissing me off lol. I keep thinking it's Berkeley.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

abc12345678

New

Post by abc12345678 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

sweetsmellofjustice wrote:Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.
That's exactly what I did yesterday haha. So stressful. Have there been any confirmed FR dings today though?

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

sweetsmellofjustice wrote:Been following this thread for awhile. Finally decided to officially join in the chaos. I'm in FR and anxiously awaiting the 24th. I've never checked my email this many times a day in my life! The wait is agonizing! Hopefully we've all managed to avoid the ding wave for today and we will get news tomorrow.
was there another Ding wave today? or is everyone going to hear back Accept/Ding/WL tomorrow?

sweetsmellofjustice

New

Post by sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:I kept getting emails from schools like John Marshall saying Admissions office and it's pissing me off lol. I keep thinking it's Berkeley.
SAME!

sweetsmellofjustice

New

Post by sweetsmellofjustice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:15 pm

BoyJord wrote:
was there another Ding wave today? or is everyone going to hear back Accept/Ding/WL tomorrow?
So far no one has reported an FR ding here, so either admissions is holding off until tomorrow or at the very worst holding off for Friday. It's really hard to predict a pattern for all of this. No idea why they would suddenly skip today for reporting admission results though

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”