Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you received your need based scholarship?

Yes!
14
44%
No :(
9
28%
I didn't apply for one
9
28%
 
Total votes: 32

User avatar
Long shot hero

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Long shot hero » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

LawSchoolTitan wrote:This is the week, I feel it!

You're betting you're gonna be either really liked at the end of the week or just a tease.

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby whodareswins » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:09 pm

In via phone call. Went complete early November. Regular decision.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:19 pm

In via phone call! Complete early-mid november!

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:In via phone call! Complete early-mid november!

RD I'm guessing?

Congrats to you and
whodareswins wrote:

:) :) :) :) :)
Last edited by ashrice13 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:22 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Looks like it might be a bigger wave today...there are additional acceptances on LSN with October complete dates.

User avatar
hydrohect

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hydrohect » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

In via phone call today. Complete 10/31.

vcap180

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby vcap180 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:16 pm

To those admitted today: have your status checkers updated already?

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 pm

So I just looked at my status checker and it says "hold for fall grades."

I had to take a semester off last year for medical reasons and then my next semester wasn't great (3.0) because I was still dealing with the medical stuff. I can understand why they would want to see another semester of grades...but my GPA isn't that bad even with that bad semester. It's a 3.58. And my LSAT is way above their 75th.

So I'm really freaking out and a little upset. Do you think this is simply because they want more normal semesters to look at?

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:In via phone call! Complete early-mid november!


UGH CONGRATS!!!!! I went complete early Nov also (10th? I think) ... hoping my phone call comes soon :(


Thanks!! I just went back and double checked when I applied and I went complete 11/4 so it looks like your phone call should be coming soon!

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:22 pm

amberb94 wrote:So I just looked at my status checker and it says "hold for fall grades."

I had to take a semester off last year for medical reasons and then my next semester wasn't great (3.0) because I was still dealing with the medical stuff. I can understand why they would want to see another semester of grades...but my GPA isn't that bad even with that bad semester. It's a 3.58. And my LSAT is way above their 75th.

So I'm really freaking out and a little upset. Do you think this is simply because they want more normal semesters to look at?


I honestly don't think it would hurt to call/email them and ask.

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
amberb94 wrote:So I just looked at my status checker and it says "hold for fall grades."

I had to take a semester off last year for medical reasons and then my next semester wasn't great (3.0) because I was still dealing with the medical stuff. I can understand why they would want to see another semester of grades...but my GPA isn't that bad even with that bad semester. It's a 3.58. And my LSAT is way above their 75th.

So I'm really freaking out and a little upset. Do you think this is simply because they want more normal semesters to look at?


I honestly don't think it would hurt to call/email them and ask.


Yeah, I might do that. I don't want to be annoying but I am really confused.

User avatar
hydrohect

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hydrohect » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 pm

vcap180 wrote:To those admitted today: have your status checkers updated already?


No update to speak of yet.

ETA ok jk it updated in the last 30 minutes. I get a congratulatory message and a link to the admitted students' site now.

User avatar
cyclawps

Bronze
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cyclawps » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:31 pm

patrickkpaul wrote:
vcap180 wrote:To those admitted today: have your status checkers updated already?


No update to speak of yet.

ETA ok jk it updated in the last 30 minutes. I get a congratulatory message and a link to the admitted students' site now.


Well, that's a little disappointing. Thanks for letting us know though.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:34 pm

Wish scholly info came out with admission - for everyone who's getting in sake (congrats!)- but also just to know what stats are relatively being valued at!

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:03 pm

cyclawps wrote:
patrickkpaul wrote:
vcap180 wrote:To those admitted today: have your status checkers updated already?


No update to speak of yet.

ETA ok jk it updated in the last 30 minutes. I get a congratulatory message and a link to the admitted students' site now.


Well, that's a little disappointing. Thanks for letting us know though.


My status checker changed around an hour or two after my acceptance call. It now says congratulations and has a link to the admitted students page.

LawSchoolTitan

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawSchoolTitan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Long shot hero wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:This is the week, I feel it!

You're betting you're gonna be either really liked at the end of the week or just a tease.


I'd say based off today, chances are looking pretty good that I am going to be pretty liked at the end of the week. 8)

Mr. Bubbles

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr. Bubbles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Got call, admitted! I am so excited.
Anybody know when we hear about scholarship info?

165, 3.5

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:48 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:49 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Mr. Bubbles wrote:Got call, admitted! I am so excited.
Anybody know when we hear about scholarship info?

165, 3.5


Think it's Feb! ALSO CONGRATS! When did you get the call?!

+1 was just gonna ask the same thing!

Mr. Bubbles

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr. Bubbles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks for the support.
The call came in about 6hrs ago.
Was in class, and didn't even notice voicemail until hours later.
Good luck to you as well!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Mr. Bubbles wrote:Got call, admitted! I am so excited.
Anybody know when we hear about scholarship info?

165, 3.5



When'd you submit/go complete?

User avatar
BACsop

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BACsop » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Congrats to all the acceptances today!

Mr. Bubbles

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr. Bubbles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:53 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Mr. Bubbles wrote:Got call, admitted! I am so excited.
Anybody know when we hear about scholarship info?

165, 3.5



When'd you submit/go complete?


Submitted 10/27. Not really sure when I went complete.
I was kind of blown away cuz I had no idea it was being reviewed

User avatar
rizzlebizness

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:32 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rizzlebizness » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Mr. Bubbles wrote:Got call, admitted! I am so excited.
Anybody know when we hear about scholarship info?

165, 3.5


Received my acceptance packet in the mail the other day. One of the letters mentioned scholly info coming out ~late January.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests