Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you received your need based scholarship?

Yes!
13
45%
No :(
9
31%
I didn't apply for one
7
24%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
ashrice13
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 am

RParadela wrote:Waitlisted with a 170 LSAT lol. What a weird cycle for me

Dude, what??? Whatever. You'll laugh at 'em all the way from Virginia.

User avatar
ashrice13
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:12 am

alexp wrote:Just Waitlisted

Not sure where BU lands on your list...but if it's high, all hope is not lost! Spivey just posted today that this will probably be a big waitlist movement cycle.

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:24 am

Sorry to hear
Last edited by The_Gavel on Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A_Faus95
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby A_Faus95 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

dclaw93 wrote:
floatie wrote:Just got a small bump from BU (extra 5k/year) but their total offer is still far below what I got from GW and Emory. Is it worth emailing again to ask for more?

Got the same bump and I'm gonna email and ask for more tonight.


Would you mind PMing me or posting their response. I got the same 5k bump and don't know if I should email them again or not.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 am

ashrice13 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Waitlisted with a 170 LSAT lol. What a weird cycle for me

Dude, what??? Whatever. You'll laugh at 'em all the way from Virginia.


Hey ashrice, are you going to BU for sure? Withdrawing from hls?

User avatar
ashrice13
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:55 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
Hey ashrice, are you going to BU for sure? Withdrawing from hls?

Yes. I withdrew and committed to BU. I just couldn't take the $300,000+ financial risk.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:31 pm

jg_ wrote:Suffolk was the only one they accepted more than one student from. I should move this to the Transfer forum, but is it silly to go to Suffolk bc of this?


Hey I wanted to address this for you. Historically, it seems like BU does take 3-5 Suffolk transfers each year. However, I would not go to Suffolk solely with the hopes of transferring because I know there are a lot of students that do, and grades are simply unpredictable. If you would be comfortable at Suffolk even if you don't get into BU and it is extremely cheap debt wise (read: free), Suffolk may be a viable option as some firms and other Boston employers do hire at Suffolk. However, Northeastern is statistically a better option than Suffolk if cheap.

User avatar
RParadela
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:48 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Waitlisted with a 170 LSAT lol. What a weird cycle for me

Dude, what??? Whatever. You'll laugh at 'em all the way from Virginia.


Lol yeah it makes no sense but doesn't really matter in the end. Wasn't going to go to BU over UVA I'm pretty much any circumstance at this point

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:51 am

BU was my first application - end of December. Radio silence since then. It is one of my top choices. I had talked at length with multiple people from the admissions and financial aid office before applying and received fantastic vibes. LSAT above 75th and evaluated superior. Anyone else waiting for so long? The status checker says anyone who applied before Feb can expect a decision by April first week. only waiting to hear from BU and USC out of the 20+ schools I applied to - both are great options for me.

Do you think it makes sense to send out an LOCI or anything of that sort? Am freaking out now. pl help.

User avatar
ashrice13
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:26 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:BU was my first application - end of December. Radio silence since then. It is one of my top choices. I had talked at length with multiple people from the admissions and financial aid office before applying and received fantastic vibes. LSAT above 75th and evaluated superior. Anyone else waiting for so long? The status checker says anyone who applied before Feb can expect a decision by April first week. only waiting to hear from BU and USC out of the 20+ schools I applied to - both are great options for me.

Do you think it makes sense to send out an LOCI or anything of that sort? Am freaking out now. pl help.

I would maybe wait until Monday and then call them. If they said you'd have it by the first week of April, and you didn't, I think it warrants a polite call to the admissions department just making sure nothing was forgotten or something. As long as it's not pushy or accusatory, I think it would be fine.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 am

ashrice13 wrote:
BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:BU was my first application - end of December. Radio silence since then. It is one of my top choices. I had talked at length with multiple people from the admissions and financial aid office before applying and received fantastic vibes. LSAT above 75th and evaluated superior. Anyone else waiting for so long? The status checker says anyone who applied before Feb can expect a decision by April first week. only waiting to hear from BU and USC out of the 20+ schools I applied to - both are great options for me.

Do you think it makes sense to send out an LOCI or anything of that sort? Am freaking out now. pl help.

I would maybe wait until Monday and then call them. If they said you'd have it by the first week of April, and you didn't, I think it warrants a polite call to the admissions department just making sure nothing was forgotten or something. As long as it's not pushy or accusatory, I think it would be fine.


Hmmm. Thanks. I guess I will do that. Actually, I think it says early April. And obviously, they don't really commit. They just say those who apply before Feb are likely to hear by early April. I applied much earlier and haven't heard back. Would get in touch next week. Will be polite of course. I still have a great opinion of the school :-)

forsa
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby forsa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:01 am

Today is the deadline for seat deposits, but I haven't heard back from a scholarship negotiation. Should I call and ask for an extension today, or ask if they've had a chance to review my request? I'm just not sure how to go about this. Thanks in advance!

User avatar
tuesdayninja
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 am

forsa wrote:Today is the deadline for seat deposits, but I haven't heard back from a scholarship negotiation. Should I call and ask for an extension today, or ask if they've had a chance to review my request? I'm just not sure how to go about this. Thanks in advance!


Just go ahead and call, it'll be more direct. FWIW, both my negotiation and extension request were denied.

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 am

forsa wrote:Today is the deadline for seat deposits, but I haven't heard back from a scholarship negotiation. Should I call and ask for an extension today, or ask if they've had a chance to review my request? I'm just not sure how to go about this. Thanks in advance!



Can't hurt to call and ask for the extension.

forsa
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby forsa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 am

tuesdayninja wrote:
forsa wrote:Today is the deadline for seat deposits, but I haven't heard back from a scholarship negotiation. Should I call and ask for an extension today, or ask if they've had a chance to review my request? I'm just not sure how to go about this. Thanks in advance!


Just go ahead and call, it'll be more direct. FWIW, both my negotiation and extension request were denied.


Thanks for your input. Blegh. I'm going either way but hoping for even $5k more a year. Loans suck :(

intlbr
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:14 am

Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?

User avatar
hethebearded
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hethebearded » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:31 am

Received $10K/year more through negotiation but will probably be turning down my spot today. I hope one of y'all gets in off the waitlist or some money redirected toward you.

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 am

intlbr wrote:Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?


I am.

forsa
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby forsa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 am

hethebearded wrote:Received $10K/year more through negotiation but will probably be turning down my spot today. I hope one of y'all gets in off the waitlist or some money redirected toward you.


Can I ask your scores?

godinacup
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby godinacup » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:12 am

Just withdrew, best of luck to everyone waiting for good news from BU!

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 am

forsa wrote:Today is the deadline for seat deposits, but I haven't heard back from a scholarship negotiation. Should I call and ask for an extension today, or ask if they've had a chance to review my request? I'm just not sure how to go about this. Thanks in advance!


I would definitely call them, but I ran into this situation last week and they told me that I would have to put down a seat deposit and hope to get an increase. I withdrew because I needed the increase to attend, but you should call just to check.

User avatar
CatherineZetaScarn1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CatherineZetaScarn1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?


I am.


I am. I just need some closure. Although a part of me also says no news is good news....if I don't hear otherwise, I can keep believing that.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 pm

CatherineZetaScarn1 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?


I am.


I am. I just need some closure. Although a part of me also says no news is good news....if I don't hear otherwise, I can keep believing that.

Am waiting too. It was my first app. Submitted December end.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Employment stats out. Bar passage required jobs reduced from 87 to 74 percent. Huge drop. Minor bump in biglaw placements.

intlbr
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:14 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Employment stats out. Bar passage required jobs reduced from 87 to 74 percent. Huge drop. Minor bump in biglaw placements.

Did you hear back from them? I'm still being ghosted...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ImGonnaTakeGRE and 16 guests