Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If accepted, how likely are you to attend?

Are you kidding? It's my first choice. Consider my seat deposit sent.
46
15%
It's high on my list but it's not THE school I'm waiting to hear back from.
81
27%
It's high on my list, but I can probably be swayed by more money from another school.
76
25%
Meh... I applied because it's a T14 - we'll see how my cycle goes.
61
20%
Really just plan on using it for scholarship negotiation purposes.
24
8%
Still feel really unsure. I'll probably visit or go to ASW to get a better feel for the school/location.
17
6%
 
Total votes: 305

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby chargers21 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby studyingeveryday » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 pm

I submitted 11/14, received my status checker 11/21, and my status is still incomplete. When should I start getting worried?

dala77

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:32 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby dala77 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54 am

studyingeveryday wrote:I submitted 11/14, received my status checker 11/21, and my status is still incomplete. When should I start getting worried?


My situation is exactly like yours. Hope to get complete soon...

ellielaw

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby ellielaw » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 am

dala77 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I submitted 11/14, received my status checker 11/21, and my status is still incomplete. When should I start getting worried?


My situation is exactly like yours. Hope to get complete soon...


It took me 3-4 weeks to go complete after receiving my status checker. The first email that they send out confirming the receipt of application states that it can take up to 4 weeks after receiving the status checker.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:59 am

ellielaw wrote:
dala77 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I submitted 11/14, received my status checker 11/21, and my status is still incomplete. When should I start getting worried?


My situation is exactly like yours. Hope to get complete soon...


It took me 3-4 weeks to go complete after receiving my status checker. The first email that they send out confirming the receipt of application states that it can take up to 4 weeks after receiving the status checker.


It took me about 3 weeks to go complete as well. Don't worry.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 am

Why does Michigan take so long to go complete? Seems like a terribly inefficient system.

SNightHighlights

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby SNightHighlights » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:02 am

According to UM Law Admission Twitter ED applicants are all receiving E-mails today. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:10 am

It's been about 3.5 weeks and I'm still incomplete. I'm not worried, I'm just anxious. That's a pretty good description of my life right now at large, actually.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby addie1412 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:16 am

Received status checker on 11/28; still incomplete. well this is fun :lol:

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby hellohalo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:28 am

Sarastro wrote:It's been about 3.5 weeks and I'm still incomplete. I'm not worried, I'm just anxious. That's a pretty good description of my life right now at large, actually.


It'll happen very soon. Probably next Monday.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby guynourmin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 am

addie1412 wrote:Received status checker on 11/28; still incomplete. well this is fun :lol:


I received mine 11/11, sent additional docs 11/15, and just went complete today, so...enjoy :lol:

mcvizz

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby mcvizz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:31 am

Has anyone received a Darrow invite? They had gone out by now the last two years.

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:59 pm

How did you guys submit the two additional essays?

Did you submit one document and have both essays in that one document?

Also how did you title the essays? Did you number them like in the application, or use a unique title?

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby amberb94 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Torres1893 wrote:How did you guys submit the two additional essays?

Did you submit one document and have both essays in that one document?

Also how did you title the essays? Did you number them like in the application, or use a unique title?


One document, separate pages. I gave each one a title. :)

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm

amberb94 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:How did you guys submit the two additional essays?

Did you submit one document and have both essays in that one document?

Also how did you title the essays? Did you number them like in the application, or use a unique title?


One document, separate pages. I gave each one a title. :)

I did separate documents. I don't think it matters. I put the essay number in the header with a brief, descriptive title.

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby smashbash » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Submitted 12/12... I'm below both 25ths so I'm not expecting much, however, I received the packet from Michigan with the fee waiver and a tidbit on the Latino Law Students Association... and it said in the letter that I'm a candidate with a strong chance of admission.. which I really don't get. I get the whole sending out fee waivers to reject applicants and make them look more selective, but why say that in the letter? Lol this has been driving me crazy because I hate that it's getting my hopes up!

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby hellohalo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:08 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Why does Michigan take so long to go complete? Seems like a terribly inefficient system.


seems like once you are complete ,you are under review
so I personally just take complete equivalent to UR as to michigan. that makes feel better. :)

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:20 pm

smashbash wrote:Submitted 12/12... I'm below both 25ths so I'm not expecting much, however, I received the packet from Michigan with the fee waiver and a tidbit on the Latino Law Students Association... and it said in the letter that I'm a candidate with a strong chance of admission.. which I really don't get. I get the whole sending out fee waivers to reject applicants and make them look more selective, but why say that in the letter? Lol this has been driving me crazy because I hate that it's getting my hopes up!

are you a URM and how far below the 25ths are you? a URM with a 160+ does have a strong chance.

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby smashbash » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 pm

proteinshake wrote:
smashbash wrote:Submitted 12/12... I'm below both 25ths so I'm not expecting much, however, I received the packet from Michigan with the fee waiver and a tidbit on the Latino Law Students Association... and it said in the letter that I'm a candidate with a strong chance of admission.. which I really don't get. I get the whole sending out fee waivers to reject applicants and make them look more selective, but why say that in the letter? Lol this has been driving me crazy because I hate that it's getting my hopes up!

are you a URM and how far below the 25ths are you? a URM with a 160+ does have a strong chance.


Not a URM, but Hispanic. 161/3.33

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby hammy393 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:34 pm

smashbash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
smashbash wrote:Submitted 12/12... I'm below both 25ths so I'm not expecting much, however, I received the packet from Michigan with the fee waiver and a tidbit on the Latino Law Students Association... and it said in the letter that I'm a candidate with a strong chance of admission.. which I really don't get. I get the whole sending out fee waivers to reject applicants and make them look more selective, but why say that in the letter? Lol this has been driving me crazy because I hate that it's getting my hopes up!

are you a URM and how far below the 25ths are you? a URM with a 160+ does have a strong chance.


Not a URM, but Hispanic. 161/3.33


I also received that letter. MA with 164 LSAT / 3.7 GPA

FWIW I applied in mid Nov and my app is still incomplete

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby smashbash » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 pm

hammy393 wrote:
smashbash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
smashbash wrote:Submitted 12/12... I'm below both 25ths so I'm not expecting much, however, I received the packet from Michigan with the fee waiver and a tidbit on the Latino Law Students Association... and it said in the letter that I'm a candidate with a strong chance of admission.. which I really don't get. I get the whole sending out fee waivers to reject applicants and make them look more selective, but why say that in the letter? Lol this has been driving me crazy because I hate that it's getting my hopes up!

are you a URM and how far below the 25ths are you? a URM with a 160+ does have a strong chance.


Not a URM, but Hispanic. 161/3.33


I also received that letter. MA with 164 LSAT / 3.7 GPA

FWIW I applied in mid Nov and my app is still incomplete


What I don't understand is- isn't Michigan supposed to have race-blind admissions?

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby potterotter » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:57 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
azaleafire

Bronze
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby azaleafire » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:14 pm

smashbash wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
smashbash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
smashbash wrote:Submitted 12/12... I'm below both 25ths so I'm not expecting much, however, I received the packet from Michigan with the fee waiver and a tidbit on the Latino Law Students Association... and it said in the letter that I'm a candidate with a strong chance of admission.. which I really don't get. I get the whole sending out fee waivers to reject applicants and make them look more selective, but why say that in the letter? Lol this has been driving me crazy because I hate that it's getting my hopes up!

are you a URM and how far below the 25ths are you? a URM with a 160+ does have a strong chance.


Not a URM, but Hispanic. 161/3.33


I also received that letter. MA with 164 LSAT / 3.7 GPA

FWIW I applied in mid Nov and my app is still incomplete


What I don't understand is- isn't Michigan supposed to have race-blind admissions?


That's not actually what Grutter v. Bollinger says, or what Michigan law specifies. I think California is one of the states where state schools explicitly cannot use race as far as I recall.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby poptart123 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:16 am

.
Last edited by poptart123 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BabyDoc2JD

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby BabyDoc2JD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 am

Boy they were awake early this morning. I am in! I almost didn't apply to Michigan because I didn't get an application waiver and I was being a prima donna. Lucky for me I got over myself and submitted. Submitted mid November, complete early December, accepted this morning.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests