Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If accepted, how likely are you to attend?

Are you kidding? It's my first choice. Consider my seat deposit sent.
45
15%
It's high on my list but it's not THE school I'm waiting to hear back from.
78
26%
It's high on my list, but I can probably be swayed by more money from another school.
76
25%
Meh... I applied because it's a T14 - we'll see how my cycle goes.
60
20%
Really just plan on using it for scholarship negotiation purposes.
24
8%
Still feel really unsure. I'll probably visit or go to ASW to get a better feel for the school/location.
17
6%
 
Total votes: 300

suitsandpotions
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby suitsandpotions » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:27 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?

AndrewPC
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby AndrewPC » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:28 pm

when did you go complete?

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby seeprybyrun » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm

suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


2/24

User avatar
confused_0L
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby confused_0L » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm

suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


Just got WL email, as well. As others have said before, it's a nice email but who cares really. I submitted around January 20 and went complete about four weeks later, mid to late February.

AndrewPC
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby AndrewPC » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:58 pm

mind sharing yalls numbers?

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby seeprybyrun » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:59 pm

AndrewPC wrote:mind sharing yalls numbers?


See my profile and/or LSN.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby melmelcoolj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 pm

I was WL by email earlier today. I guess it was a nice WL email...but it does not really change things. Michigan was my only hope in the T13. The rest are NU (which I didn't receive a notification for), and all reach schools.

User avatar
chichi1992
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby chichi1992 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:37 am

Is there a WL thread? I haven't seen one for c/o 2020. Does someone (who isn't me) want to make one?

caligirl13
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby caligirl13 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 am

Any new updates today?

pizzagoblin
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby pizzagoblin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Just turned down my seat, freeing up some $$ for the rest of you. Best of luck to those on the WL!

littlekidlover
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby littlekidlover » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Member of the Michigan waitlist checking in.

I visited campus today! I must say, it was an absolute hellhole - I saw students slapping books out of each other's hands, outright hostility toward ethnic minorities, and rampant misogyny. I was mugged twice just walking from my car to the law school. The cafe was serving gruel.

okay i'm lying just please give me your seat michigan was awesome

User avatar
chichi1992
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby chichi1992 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:03 pm

littlekidlover wrote:Member of the Michigan waitlist checking in.

I visited campus today! I must say, it was an absolute hellhole - I saw students slapping books out of each other's hands, outright hostility toward ethnic minorities, and rampant misogyny. I was mugged twice just walking from my car to the law school. The cafe was serving gruel.

okay i'm lying just please give me your seat michigan was awesome


+1

User avatar
Instrumental
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby Instrumental » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Office of the Registrar wrote:We received your Application for In-State Tuition on the Basis of Service and are pleased to inform you that because you have met all the requirements for eligibility under Part III of the University of Michigan's Guidelines for Qualifying for In-State Tuition and have provided supporting documentation, your application has been approved effective Fall 2017


Cool now accept me ya mooks.

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 am

chichi1992 wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:Member of the Michigan waitlist checking in.

I visited campus today! I must say, it was an absolute hellhole - I saw students slapping books out of each other's hands, outright hostility toward ethnic minorities, and rampant misogyny. I was mugged twice just walking from my car to the law school. The cafe was serving gruel.

okay i'm lying just please give me your seat michigan was awesome


+1


:lol: I was like WHHHHHAAAAT and then I saw the jk

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Anyone know the final date to accept scholarship?

Anon.y.mousse.
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:Anyone know the final date to accept scholarship?


I think normal deadline - April 30th (for fall starters)

Instrumental wrote:
Office of the Registrar wrote:We received your Application for In-State Tuition on the Basis of Service and are pleased to inform you that because you have met all the requirements for eligibility under Part III of the University of Michigan's Guidelines for Qualifying for In-State Tuition and have provided supporting documentation, your application has been approved effective Fall 2017


Cool now accept me ya mooks.


Did you just get this? Waiting for final determination on my in-state status after I submitted all the paperwork they needed in December (although not on the basis of service).

User avatar
Instrumental
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby Instrumental » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Did you just get this? Waiting for final determination on my in-state status after I submitted all the paperwork they needed in December (although not on the basis of service).


Yeah, I posted that just shortly after I got the e-mail. I had only submitted my app on January 3rd and they requested some additional info three weeks later and again on March 31st.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby haley12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:32 pm

chichi1992 wrote:Is there a WL thread? I haven't seen one for c/o 2020. Does someone (who isn't me) want to make one?


Maybe (fingers crossed) the WL is really small?

HonestlyThough
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby HonestlyThough » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


2/24


Kind of shocked given your numbers?

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby seeprybyrun » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:41 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


2/24


Kind of shocked given your numbers?


I get that a lot

User avatar
chichi1992
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby chichi1992 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:51 pm

haley12 wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:Is there a WL thread? I haven't seen one for c/o 2020. Does someone (who isn't me) want to make one?


Maybe (fingers crossed) the WL is really small?


This is what I'm telling myself. Maybe I'll go make the WL thread in honor of my 100th TLS post. What a way to celebrate.

caligirl13
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby caligirl13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


has anybody heard anything this week? Feeling like i'm waiting alone at this point (although I'm sure I'm not) :?:

HonestlyThough
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby HonestlyThough » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:57 am

caligirl13 wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


has anybody heard anything this week? Feeling like i'm waiting alone at this point (although I'm sure I'm not) :?:


Also waiting. you're not alone

intlbr
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby intlbr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:59 am

HonestlyThough wrote:
caligirl13 wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


has anybody heard anything this week? Feeling like i'm waiting alone at this point (although I'm sure I'm not) :?:


Also waiting. you're not alone

+1 waiting here...

caligirl13
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Postby caligirl13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:07 pm

intlbr wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:
caligirl13 wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Just got a WL email. It's nice as far as such emails go.


when did you go complete?


has anybody heard anything this week? Feeling like i'm waiting alone at this point (although I'm sure I'm not) :?:


Also waiting. you're not alone

+1 waiting here...


thanks guys, somehow that makes me feel better haha. misery loves company. :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], chrysippusofsoli, Jack_Kelly, jibrahim23, NavyNuke, Platopus, randomtlsaccount, Slippin' Jimmy and 5 guests