Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If accepted, how likely are you to attend?

Are you kidding? It's my first choice. Consider my seat deposit sent.
15%
It's high on my list but it's not THE school I'm waiting to hear back from.
27%
It's high on my list, but I can probably be swayed by more money from another school.
25%
Meh... I applied because it's a T14 - we'll see how my cycle goes.
20%
Really just plan on using it for scholarship negotiation purposes.
8%
Still feel really unsure. I'll probably visit or go to ASW to get a better feel for the school/location.
6%

Total votes: 305

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Post by VA2lawschool » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:Question: anyone else see on their admissions communications on the admitted students website "Dean's Scholarship Award Letter," but have not received an email about it? The date for the mailing was 12/22, so should I assume I will get the email soon?
Oh shit I have that too. Hoping you are correct.
Saw it totally by accident! Really hoping this doesn't mean we won't hear anything until after the New Year though.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:09 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:Question: anyone else see on their admissions communications on the admitted students website "Dean's Scholarship Award Letter," but have not received an email about it? The date for the mailing was 12/22, so should I assume I will get the email soon?
Saw it totally by accident! Really hoping this doesn't mean we won't hear anything until after the New Year though.
Yeah I never looked at that before. Always go straight to "your personal award info" lol. But I see that they have my admissions decision letter on there and it's the same date I got my admissions notification by email. So I'm hoping we don't have to wait that long!

mcvizz

New

Post by mcvizz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Same! Nice catch. Fingers crossed.

mcvizz

New

Post by mcvizz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:34 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:
Yeah I never looked at that before. Always go straight to "your personal award info" lol. But I see that they have my admissions decision letter on there and it's the same date I got my admissions notification by email. So I'm hoping we don't have to wait that long!
Here's a theory: Would they embargo the offers they would have sent out yesterday/today to go out on Christmas or something? Seems like something Dean Z would do and it seems odd that there were no offers yesterday or today...

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:52 pm

In today! Submitted 11/29, complete 12/9.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

armc808

Bronze

Post by armc808 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:04 pm

FINALLY went complete after nearly a month...

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:11 pm

How long did it take for y'all's admissions packets to arrive after receiving your acceptance email?
I'm out of town and might need to send someone to retrieve it for me if it isn't small enough to fit in my tiny mailbox. :lol:

premalone

New

Post by premalone » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:17 am

Has anyone heard good/bad things about living in the Lawyer's Club? It seems super tempting given its convenience, but I would love some extra perspective on how the actual experience is.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:03 am

premalone wrote:Has anyone heard good/bad things about living in the Lawyer's Club? It seems super tempting given its convenience, but I would love some extra perspective on how the actual experience is.
I'm pretty sure someone (a current student) already commented specifically on Lawyer's Club in this thread. Check a page or two back.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:04 am

LSRAT wrote:In today! Submitted 11/29, complete 12/9.
Congrats!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:55 am

Baby Gaga wrote:
Kangaroo_Court wrote:Did any admitted students get a handwritten note on their acceptance letter from Dean Z? If so, what did yours say?
mine said that I was an exceptional candidate and that she hoped to see me in ann arbor, but I just assumed she wrote that for everyone
Mine said something similar: We'd really love to have you join us, you've had excellent post-college work experience.

I assume all admits get some version of this.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:06 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:
I have that too, same date! Maybe tomorrow because it'll be the first business day after the holidays?

Is that a special scholarship or does all their merit aid fall under that name?

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Dean's scholly for 90k a while back, haven't been on TLS in a bit so I didn't update. I'm very happy, though it is a bit less than I expected I could probably still justify school at that price.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chipotle85

Bronze

Post by Chipotle85 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:Dean's scholly for 90k a while back, haven't been on TLS in a bit so I didn't update. I'm very happy, though it is a bit less than I expected I could probably still justify school at that price.
Congrats man! Any way you can post stats? I can pm you if you want

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:09 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:
Kangaroo_Court wrote:Did any admitted students get a handwritten note on their acceptance letter from Dean Z? If so, what did yours say?
mine said that I was an exceptional candidate and that she hoped to see me in ann arbor, but I just assumed she wrote that for everyone
Mine said something similar: We'd really love to have you join us, you've had excellent post-college work experience.

Mine says "you're a great match for Michigan!"
I like how she doesn't write the same exact note for everyone.

KatCoco

New

Post by KatCoco » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm

amberb94 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

Mine said "Your essays were excellent!"

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:37 pm

KatCoco wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

Mine just says "we'd love to have you join us" :'( but she underlined the very in the first sentence

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Keilz wrote:
KatCoco wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

Mine just says "we'd love to have you join us" :'( but she underlined the very in the first sentence
She underlined my "very" too and now it feels less special lol.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:00 pm

amberb94 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
KatCoco wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

She underlined my "very" too and now it feels less special lol.
I guess I'm extra not special lol

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:29 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:Why does it take some applicants days to complete but weeks for others?
Congrats everyone!
Because they have high LSAT scores? Law schools prioritize high LSAT scorers because they will be rarer, and thus more valuable, this cycle. But I feel like high LSAT scorers getting admitted first will be the case every cycle.
Really wish that were the case, but I'm guessing they're just getting fewer apps as the cycle is continuing. They can only read, hypothetically, 6 applications a day, but I imagine in Sept/Oct they were getting a surge of 12 gunners a day, leading to back-ups. Maybe Nov/Dec they only got 3 apps a day. That would mean, once they hit Nov/Dec apps, they're able to read through four times as many days-worth of applications even though they're doing the same amount of work. I'd guess that's at least part of it, but I have no idea. They evidently haven't caught up to me yet, at any rate. :cry:

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Sarastro wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:Why does it take some applicants days to complete but weeks for others?
Congrats everyone!
Because they have high LSAT scores? Law schools prioritize high LSAT scorers because they will be rarer, and thus more valuable, this cycle. But I feel like high LSAT scorers getting admitted first will be the case every cycle.
Really wish that were the case, but I'm guessing they're just getting fewer apps as the cycle is continuing. They can only read, hypothetically, 6 applications a day, but I imagine in Sept/Oct they were getting a surge of 12 gunners a day, leading to back-ups. Maybe Nov/Dec they only got 3 apps a day. That would mean, once they hit Nov/Dec apps, they're able to read through four times as many days-worth of applications even though they're doing the same amount of work. I'd guess that's at least part of it, but I have no idea. They evidently haven't caught up to me yet, at any rate. :cry:
I think schools get more apps a day as the year progresses. Most people apply after thanksgiving. However, the admissions offices tend to travel until thanksgiving so maybe there was less time in the office to input and review.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Keilz wrote:
people wrote:things
I think schools get more apps a day as the year progresses. Most people apply after thanksgiving. However, the admissions offices tend to travel until thanksgiving so maybe there was less time in the office to input and review.
I stand corrected! If that's the case then it is weird how radically different app times have been lately. All I can say is it's not LSAT. Some combination of LSAT + GPA maybe.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:03 am

Anybody got WL/Dinged yet?

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Has anyone received their scholly offer in the mail yet?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Sarastro wrote:
Keilz wrote:
people wrote:things
I stand corrected! If that's the case then it is weird how radically different app times have been lately. All I can say is it's not LSAT. Some combination of LSAT + GPA maybe.
In an interview with Dean Z, she said most apps are submitted after Jan 1st, which I thought was surprising!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”