Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why do you think you STILL haven't heard from S?

MS9 is about to confirm any second ..... COUNTERCYCLE
28%
My app was so bad that Dean Deal wants to make it SEEM like I have a chance when in reality she is punishing me for having her read it
24%
S won't be outdone by Y (battle for who can hold onto apps the longest)
39%
glitch in my status checker and I actually went DLS months ago
10%

Total votes: 93

theothercat

Bronze

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby theothercat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:31 pm

playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!

Congrats! When did you apply, if you don't mind sharing?

dhbiv

Bronze

Postby dhbiv » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Last edited by dhbiv on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

armc808

Bronze

Postby armc808 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:34 pm

theothercat wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!

+1

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:37 pm

armc808 wrote:
theothercat wrote:

+1

Thank you! I applied the first week of December

myrik

New

Postby myrik » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:52 pm

myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?

If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention that I am URM.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Oh okay my renewed hope is gone.

ETA: seriously congrats though. Stanford v. Darrow is a great choice.

bartlettadmin

Bronze

Postby bartlettadmin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:26 pm

playersball wrote:
armc808 wrote:
theothercat wrote:

+1

Thank you! I applied the first week of December

Now I'm freaking out because this is around the time I applied. Pleeeeease Stanford

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Rigo wrote:Oh okay my renewed hope is gone.

ETA: seriously congrats though. Stanford v. Darrow is a great choice.

I'm sorry Rigo!! You are one of my fav posters on here. Good luck!

And thank you! Time to put the search function to use to help decide haha

ChelseaZ

New

Postby ChelseaZ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:08 pm

In at Stanford today! Excited.
Both > 75%
Missed the call because I was in my Philosophy class. Spent the rest of the day struggling to decide between SLS and HLS....(still am)

chamyleon

New

Postby chamyleon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:57 pm

If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 pm

chamyleon wrote:If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Yeah don't sent a LOCI if you're UR, ESPECIALLY for only 2 weeks.

chamyleon

New

Postby chamyleon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Rigo wrote:
chamyleon wrote:If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Right. So would you suggest only sending a LOCI if you've been waitlisted? Or how long would be reasonable to wait?

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:07 pm

chamyleon wrote:
Rigo wrote:

Right. So would you suggest only sending a LOCI if you've been waitlisted? Or how long would be reasonable to wait?

I've only heard of non-weird people doing it for WL.

Helioze

Bronze

Postby Helioze » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm

playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.

[mod edit: user banned]

mysterycat2020

New

Postby mysterycat2020 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:23 am

Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.

You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:32 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.

Well said.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

+180

chamyleon

New

Postby chamyleon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am

Rigo wrote:
chamyleon wrote:
Rigo wrote:

I've only heard of non-weird people doing it for WL.

Hahaha okay. Thank you for the candor. Yeah, I didn't think it would make sense to send a LOCI either. I just got nervous because so many people have been talking about sending one in other threads. Thanks!

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

<3

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Postby calpolisci2016 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

Seriously. It doesn't even make sense, does helioze think anyone who is a URM and applied to SLS is an auto admit? There's obviously a lot more to it than that.

Helioze should feel ashamed. Very well said, mysterycat.

bartlettadmin

Bronze

Postby bartlettadmin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 am

calpolisci2016 wrote:
mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

Seriously. It doesn't even make sense, does helioze think anyone who is a URM and applied to SLS is an auto admit? There's obviously a lot more to it than that.

Helioze should feel ashamed. Very well said, mysterycat.

I wanted to say the same thing when i saw that post so I'm glad it was mentioned. It's not just the sls thread, it's most of the top 5 I'd say where the accomplishments of URMs are really downplayed. Anyway congrats on your acceptance you deserve it!

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:43 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

Very well said !

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:47 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

Very well said !

Congrats playersball. Being URM is a part of you, and I'm sure shapes who you are, but you are also much more than that. Don't let people like this get you down. You worked hard for your admission and you deserve every bit of it regardless of the color of your skin.

VapidP

Bronze

Postby VapidP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:49 am

poptart123 wrote:
BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:

Congrats!!

Very well said !

Congrats playersball. Being URM is a part of you, and I'm sure shapes who you are, but you are also much more than that. Don't let people like this get you down. You worked hard for your admission and you deserve every bit of it regardless of the color of your skin.

I also don't get the bitterness. Like is a purported "easier" law school admissions cycle really worth all the other shit that URMs have to go through on a daily basis? Almost certainly not. If you are going to reduce someone to their URM status, at least understand the full complexity of what that entails.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?