Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why do you think you STILL haven't heard from S?

MS9 is about to confirm any second ..... COUNTERCYCLE
26
28%
My app was so bad that Dean Deal wants to make it SEEM like I have a chance when in reality she is punishing me for having her read it
22
24%
S won't be outdone by Y (battle for who can hold onto apps the longest)
36
39%
glitch in my status checker and I actually went DLS months ago
9
10%
 
Total votes: 93

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby theothercat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:31 pm

playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats! When did you apply, if you don't mind sharing?

dhbiv

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby dhbiv » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 pm

.
Last edited by dhbiv on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby armc808 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:34 pm

theothercat wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats! When did you apply, if you don't mind sharing?

+1

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby playersball » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:37 pm

armc808 wrote:
theothercat wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats! When did you apply, if you don't mind sharing?

+1


Thank you! I applied the first week of December

myrik

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby myrik » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:42 pm

playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby playersball » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:52 pm

myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention that I am URM.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Oh okay my renewed hope is gone.

ETA: seriously congrats though. Stanford v. Darrow is a great choice.

User avatar
bartlettadmin

Bronze
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby bartlettadmin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:26 pm

playersball wrote:
armc808 wrote:
theothercat wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats! When did you apply, if you don't mind sharing?

+1


Thank you! I applied the first week of December


Now I'm freaking out because this is around the time I applied. Pleeeeease Stanford

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby playersball » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Rigo wrote:Oh okay my renewed hope is gone.

ETA: seriously congrats though. Stanford v. Darrow is a great choice.


I'm sorry Rigo!! You are one of my fav posters on here. Good luck!

And thank you! Time to put the search function to use to help decide haha

ChelseaZ

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ChelseaZ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:08 pm

In at Stanford today! Excited.
Both > 75%
Missed the call because I was in my Philosophy class. Spent the rest of the day struggling to decide between SLS and HLS....(still am)

chamyleon

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby chamyleon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:57 pm

If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 pm

chamyleon wrote:If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Yeah don't sent a LOCI if you're UR, ESPECIALLY for only 2 weeks.

chamyleon

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby chamyleon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Rigo wrote:
chamyleon wrote:If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Yeah don't sent a LOCI if you're UR, ESPECIALLY for only 2 weeks.

Right. So would you suggest only sending a LOCI if you've been waitlisted? Or how long would be reasonable to wait?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:07 pm

chamyleon wrote:
Rigo wrote:
chamyleon wrote:If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Yeah don't sent a LOCI if you're UR, ESPECIALLY for only 2 weeks.

Right. So would you suggest only sending a LOCI if you've been waitlisted? Or how long would be reasonable to wait?

I've only heard of non-weird people doing it for WL.

User avatar
Helioze

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Helioze » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm

playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.

[mod edit: user banned]

mysterycat2020

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby mysterycat2020 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:23 am

Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:32 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


Well said.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.

+180

chamyleon

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby chamyleon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am

Rigo wrote:
chamyleon wrote:
Rigo wrote:
chamyleon wrote:If you've been UR for some time, should you submit a LOCI? How long should I wait before sending something? I guess this is a general question, not just for Stanford, but I've been UR at Stanford since 1/25.

Yeah don't sent a LOCI if you're UR, ESPECIALLY for only 2 weeks.

Right. So would you suggest only sending a LOCI if you've been waitlisted? Or how long would be reasonable to wait?

I've only heard of non-weird people doing it for WL.

Hahaha okay. Thank you for the candor. Yeah, I didn't think it would make sense to send a LOCI either. I just got nervous because so many people have been talking about sending one in other threads. Thanks!

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby playersball » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


<3

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


Seriously. It doesn't even make sense, does helioze think anyone who is a URM and applied to SLS is an auto admit? There's obviously a lot more to it than that.

Helioze should feel ashamed. Very well said, mysterycat.

User avatar
bartlettadmin

Bronze
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby bartlettadmin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 am

calpolisci2016 wrote:
mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


Seriously. It doesn't even make sense, does helioze think anyone who is a URM and applied to SLS is an auto admit? There's obviously a lot more to it than that.

Helioze should feel ashamed. Very well said, mysterycat.



I wanted to say the same thing when i saw that post so I'm glad it was mentioned. It's not just the sls thread, it's most of the top 5 I'd say where the accomplishments of URMs are really downplayed. Anyway congrats on your acceptance you deserve it!

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:43 am

mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


Very well said !

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby poptart123 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:47 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


Very well said !


Congrats playersball. Being URM is a part of you, and I'm sure shapes who you are, but you are also much more than that. Don't let people like this get you down. You worked hard for your admission and you deserve every bit of it regardless of the color of your skin.

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby VapidP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:49 am

poptart123 wrote:
BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
mysterycat2020 wrote:
Helioze wrote:
playersball wrote:
myrik wrote:
playersball wrote:In! Below both medians so this is a real dream come true for me!


Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, do you think it was the softs or what other components made you stand out?


If i had to answer I think it was that I had a strong theme throughout my application. But I should also mention thatI am URM.


You know I have been absolutely dismayed at the negativity shown towards URMs in these threads. But why should I, this is what folks do when they can hide behind anonymity. You should be ashamed of how you essentially just boiled this person's hard work and accomplishments down to just their URM status. Jealousy can be shown in so many ways and that should not be the spirit of these threads.


Very well said !


Congrats playersball. Being URM is a part of you, and I'm sure shapes who you are, but you are also much more than that. Don't let people like this get you down. You worked hard for your admission and you deserve every bit of it regardless of the color of your skin.


I also don't get the bitterness. Like is a purported "easier" law school admissions cycle really worth all the other shit that URMs have to go through on a daily basis? Almost certainly not. If you are going to reduce someone to their URM status, at least understand the full complexity of what that entails.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DCLAWNW and 16 guests