Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why do you think you STILL haven't heard from S?

MS9 is about to confirm any second ..... COUNTERCYCLE
26
28%
My app was so bad that Dean Deal wants to make it SEEM like I have a chance when in reality she is punishing me for having her read it
22
24%
S won't be outdone by Y (battle for who can hold onto apps the longest)
36
39%
glitch in my status checker and I actually went DLS months ago
9
10%
 
Total votes: 93

User avatar
RictusErectus

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby RictusErectus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Congrats to all the recent accepts! Can't think of a better opening to a weekend ever, and damn this thread has picked up heat.

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby taxman14 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:00 am

Status checker was finally updated.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby proteinshake » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:28 am

anyone else whose numbers suggest that they don't have a strong chance of admission to Stanford get a packet saying that they have a strong chance of admission to Stanford?

dmc1275

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby dmc1275 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 am

proteinshake wrote:anyone else whose numbers suggest that they don't have a strong chance of admission to Stanford get a packet saying that they have a strong chance of admission to Stanford?


Yep, they did a great job of convincing me to spend $130.00 to send them my application. Had some letters from organizations that I might be interested in being part of if accepted. Just slightly over the 25th for LSAT and at the median for GPA, so really unsure why they decided to send me the packet.

ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ohgosh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Same here! I am just over 25th for LSAT and between 50th and 75th for GPA and they sent me a couple of packages last month. Congrats to everyone who got in! Anyone here who got in with a lower LSAT score?

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:30 pm

ohgosh wrote:Same here! I am just over 25th for LSAT and between 50th and 75th for GPA and they sent me a couple of packages last month. Congrats to everyone who got in! Anyone here who got in with a lower LSAT score?


Yup I had exactly 25th LSAT, 168.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Keilz » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Yah I got that letter too and waffled a lot but ultimately decided not to apply, and now I feel like it's too late. Are they less numbers based than CLS?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby proteinshake » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Keilz wrote:Yah I got that letter too and waffled a lot but ultimately decided not to apply, and now I feel like it's too late. Are they less numbers based than CLS?

well I applied to SLS and didn't apply to CLS if that means anything.

ConLaw2017

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ConLaw2017 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:30 pm

What is the area code?

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby xnsch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:04 pm

ConLaw2017 wrote:What is the area code?


650 for Palo Alto

Kaylasvi

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Kaylasvi » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:22 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Same here! I am just over 25th for LSAT and between 50th and 75th for GPA and they sent me a couple of packages last month. Congrats to everyone who got in! Anyone here who got in with a lower LSAT score?


Yup I had exactly 25th LSAT, 168.


This gives me so much hope wow

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby zeglo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:34 am

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby taxman14 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:38 pm

Just got the package! I love moleskins so this was dope

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:12 pm

taxman14 wrote:Just got the package! I love moleskins so this was dope


Whoa that was fast do you live near Cali? FedEx or USPS?

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby taxman14 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:22 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just got the package! I love moleskins so this was dope


Whoa that was fast do you live near Cali? FedEx or USPS?


USPS

Sisyphus9

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Sisyphus9 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Didn't get a call last week, but got in a few hours ago via email (I'm living outside of the US)! So things might be happening today?

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ayylmao » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:44 pm

In via phone call! Honestly can't believe it.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:47 pm

ayylmao wrote:In via phone call! Honestly can't believe it.


Congrats! Was the phone call today ?

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ayylmao » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:54 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
ayylmao wrote:In via phone call! Honestly can't believe it.


Congrats! Was the phone call today ?

yeah a few hours ago.

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby notorious_mig » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:00 pm

ayylmao wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
ayylmao wrote:In via phone call! Honestly can't believe it.


Congrats! Was the phone call today ?

yeah a few hours ago.

Holy guacamole CONGRATULATIONS that is phenomenal! Could I trouble you for your stats?

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:05 pm

stanford be tricklin'

glad real recognize real and accepted ayylmao.

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ayylmao » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:27 am

pretzeltime wrote:stanford be tricklin'

glad real recognize real and accepted ayylmao.

haha this is fantastic, pretzel you're an OG

ohgosh

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ohgosh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:22 am

Congrats to everyone who got in!!! When did ya'll go complete?

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:35 am

ohgosh wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in!!! When did ya'll go complete?


I don't remember exactly, but I got the status checker link on Sept 30 (applied the 27th).

Also I did not have a Stanford-specific rec letter.

shoparoundthecorner

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:21 pm

In via phone call this morning!!!!! I went complete in the first few days of October.

Edit: no Stanford specific rec letter



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: edg2019 and 4 guests