Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why do you think you STILL haven't heard from S?

MS9 is about to confirm any second ..... COUNTERCYCLE
26
28%
My app was so bad that Dean Deal wants to make it SEEM like I have a chance when in reality she is punishing me for having her read it
22
24%
S won't be outdone by Y (battle for who can hold onto apps the longest)
36
39%
glitch in my status checker and I actually went DLS months ago
9
10%
 
Total votes: 93

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:48 pm

HOLY FUCKING HELL I JUST GOT THE CALL AND EMAIL OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

Stats on mylsn, this was definitely a reach for me. SO I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!

Aquinas

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:51 pm

xnsch wrote:Just got the call as well! So excited!! Stats are in my profile and I submitted around the end of September for those curious (I did have a Stanford-specific letter)

What a fantastic way to enter the weekend :D


katthegreat11 wrote:HOLY FUCKING HELL I JUST GOT THE CALL AND EMAIL OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

Stats on mylsn, this was definitely a reach for me. SO I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!


Bigtime congrats to you both! Katthegreat, did you have any particular softs that you think might've helped tip the scales in your favor?

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:HOLY FUCKING HELL I JUST GOT THE CALL AND EMAIL OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

Stats on mylsn, this was definitely a reach for me. SO I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!



Holy shit you are having an amazing cycle. Congratulations!!!!!

acz26

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby acz26 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:59 pm

You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:00 pm

congrats everyone!!

dmc1275

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby dmc1275 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:06 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:HOLY FUCKING HELL I JUST GOT THE CALL AND EMAIL OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

Stats on mylsn, this was definitely a reach for me. SO I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!


Holy shit! Congrats!!! You have given me some hope...

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0c/0c6460ac ... 7242c2.jpg

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:08 pm

Aquinas wrote:
xnsch wrote:Just got the call as well! So excited!! Stats are in my profile and I submitted around the end of September for those curious (I did have a Stanford-specific letter)

What a fantastic way to enter the weekend :D


katthegreat11 wrote:HOLY FUCKING HELL I JUST GOT THE CALL AND EMAIL OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

Stats on mylsn, this was definitely a reach for me. SO I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!


Bigtime congrats to you both! Katthegreat, did you have any particular softs that you think might've helped tip the scales in your favor?


Things I think it could have been: biology degree from an Ivy and an interest in envt/patent law, really compelling personal statement that explains how I want to combine science and law, and probably some really good rec letters although I haven't read them. Plus 2 years work experience.

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:HOLY FUCKING HELL I JUST GOT THE CALL AND EMAIL OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

Stats on mylsn, this was definitely a reach for me. SO I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!



Holy shit you are having an amazing cycle. Congratulations!!!!!


I know I feel so so so lucky. Thank you!!!!

xnsch

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby xnsch » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:10 pm

acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby TAD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Did everyone that just got in apply in September?

BuyaLittleMercy

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby BuyaLittleMercy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:30 pm

TAD wrote:Did everyone that just got in apply in September?



Definitely second this question.....

acz26

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby acz26 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:33 pm

xnsch wrote:
acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave


Thanks!

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:34 pm

BuyaLittleMercy wrote:
TAD wrote:Did everyone that just got in apply in September?



Definitely second this question.....


I applied 9/27!!!!!

smartmoon

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby smartmoon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:36 pm

-
Last edited by smartmoon on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:38 pm

smartmoon wrote:Those who got in today - have your status checkers changed to DLS? Congrats again!!


yeah it says "A decision letter has been sent"

BuyaLittleMercy

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby BuyaLittleMercy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:40 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
BuyaLittleMercy wrote:
TAD wrote:Did everyone that just got in apply in September?



Definitely second this question.....


I applied 9/27!!!!!



Awesome, thanks! You guys make me wish I had got the app out in September. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS

poliksa

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby poliksa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Congrats everyone!!

I wonder if they'll keep rolling out decisions next week or if they're closing up for the holidays.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:45 pm

congrats everyone!

bloomsday

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 pm

.

Postby bloomsday » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:24 pm

.
Last edited by bloomsday on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruth0106

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ruth0106 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:31 pm

taxman14 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
taxman14 wrote:GOT IN!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! DIDN"T EVEN KNOW THEY ACCEPTED YET!

Just got the call from the Dean.


Congrats!!!!!


Just an FYI I didn't have Stanford-specific letters or PS.


I also didn't have Stanford-specific anything!

ruth0106

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ruth0106 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:33 pm

xnsch wrote:
acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave


I'm a KJD too and got in yesterday

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby TAD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:42 pm

ruth0106 wrote:
xnsch wrote:
acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave


I'm a KJD too and got in yesterday


Yesterday??

ruth0106

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ruth0106 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:46 pm

TAD wrote:
ruth0106 wrote:
xnsch wrote:
acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave


I'm a KJD too and got in yesterday


Yesterday??


yea no one believed me at the time lol

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 pm

ruth0106 wrote:
TAD wrote:
ruth0106 wrote:
xnsch wrote:
acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave


I'm a KJD too and got in yesterday


Yesterday??


yea no one believed me at the time lol


I was one of those non-believers and I sincerely apologize haha, I was so on edge about anything Stanford-related I couldn't believe it had started already. But now I'm in and all is wonderful! Congrats fellow acceptee, maybe see you at ASW!

ruth0106

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Postby ruth0106 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
ruth0106 wrote:
TAD wrote:
ruth0106 wrote:
xnsch wrote:
acz26 wrote:You guys are all amazing; congrats on the life-changing news!! Does anyone know if any KJDs have been admitted yet? I assume they'd wait for fall grades first.


I'm a KJD and was part of this mornings wave


I'm a KJD too and got in yesterday


Yesterday??


yea no one believed me at the time lol


I was one of those non-believers and I sincerely apologize haha, I was so on edge about anything Stanford-related I couldn't believe it had started already. But now I'm in and all is wonderful! Congrats fellow acceptee, maybe see you at ASW!


hahah no worries, I barely believed it myself! Congrats to you too!!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests