Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

It's decision szn... How are you holding up?

I'm freaking out
12
6%
I'm freaking out!
7
3%
I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!
17
8%
I. AM. FREAK-ING. OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
58
28%
Why did anyone ever give us status checkers? I can't stop looking at the stupid things!
36
17%
Eh.. I'm doing okay actually...
76
37%
 
Total votes: 206

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:30 am

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 am

.
Last edited by canafsa on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

smartmoon

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smartmoon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:59 am

-
Last edited by smartmoon on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:01 am

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

shoparoundthecorner

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:12 am

potterotter wrote:
smartmoon wrote:
potterotter wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:
potterotter wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:is the columbia interview a video call or just a phone call over skype?


Its over Skype Business, so watch out for that. They will send you an invite, you accept and then at the bottom of the invite is a link to a conference call for you to go to. They don't add you on Skype like other schools do.


When/how do we get this invite? Does it come the day of the interview?


No, it comes when they (the alumni) schedule it with you. I received an email that said accept/decline meeting at so and so time, and then after I accepted, I received a confirmation email with the link at the bottom.


Are you sure it is via Skype Business? I had mine earlier this month, and it was a video call via Skype.


You are totally right, its through regular Skype, I confused it with another interview. :oops:


OK, so just to clarify, the Columbia interview is with someone from the admissions office, not alumni, correct? And I checked my email, I have a confirmation of the appointment but nothing else. Do I just log into skype at that time and wait, as I have for other schools?

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 am

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

smartmoon

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smartmoon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 am

-
Last edited by smartmoon on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

henryyou

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby henryyou » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:37 pm

ED applicant (LSAT above average), no interview till now... :cry:

SandorClegane

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SandorClegane » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Just got admitted ED! GPA <25, LSAT >75. Strong softs. Non URM. So excited.

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ad34964n » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:36 pm

SandorClegane wrote:Just got admitted ED! GPA <25, LSAT >75. Strong softs. Non URM. So excited.


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby btruj777 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:53 pm

SandorClegane wrote:Just got admitted ED! GPA <25, LSAT >75. Strong softs. Non URM. So excited.



Congratulations!!! You will now be a Columbia Law Student! Enjoy it my man!

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:15 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

anrf1225

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:19 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby anrf1225 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:16 pm

.
Last edited by anrf1225 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ec333

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ec333 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Got admitted ED last night!
LSAT > 25th, GPA > 75th. Applied on November 2nd, went complete on November 3rd, no interview. Not a URM, strong softs.

acz26

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby acz26 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 pm

anrf1225 wrote:those who sent thank you emails to their interviewers, how'd you track down their email address? I'm having trouble finding my interviewer's email and I'm normally excellent at creeping around to figure these things out :(



I had an issue with this also...initially sent to what I thought was my interviewer'a email but realized it might have been wrong, so I called the admissions office and asked them what to do. I was told to send my thank you note to the admissions general email account (admissions@law.columbia.edu). I did so and received a confirmation of receipt a couple of days later.

lg77

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lg77 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:22 pm

acz26 wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:those who sent thank you emails to their interviewers, how'd you track down their email address? I'm having trouble finding my interviewer's email and I'm normally excellent at creeping around to figure these things out :(



I had an issue with this also...initially sent to what I thought was my interviewer'a email but realized it might have been wrong, so I called the admissions office and asked them what to do. I was told to send my thank you note to the admissions general email account (admissions@law.columbia.edu). I did so and received a confirmation of receipt a couple of days later.


Do you guys mind sharing who you interviewed with? I sent a thank you email to my interviewer and never received a response, so I'm wondering if I should forward it along to the general email account.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Finally complete today! :mrgreen:

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:40 pm

addie1412 wrote:Finally complete today! :mrgreen:


How long did it take? I'm currently pending completion but have all the check marks :lol:

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:42 pm

lg77 wrote:
acz26 wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:those who sent thank you emails to their interviewers, how'd you track down their email address? I'm having trouble finding my interviewer's email and I'm normally excellent at creeping around to figure these things out :(



I had an issue with this also...initially sent to what I thought was my interviewer'a email but realized it might have been wrong, so I called the admissions office and asked them what to do. I was told to send my thank you note to the admissions general email account (admissions@law.columbia.edu). I did so and received a confirmation of receipt a couple of days later.


Do you guys mind sharing who you interviewed with? I sent a thank you email to my interviewer and never received a response, so I'm wondering if I should forward it along to the general email account.

I also sent mine to my interviewers email address (search for their name in the faculty directory, btw) and haven't received a response yet, but based on this thread I'm thinking I should have sent it to the general admissions office email. Think I should just forward it to the generic email account?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:51 pm

brinicolec wrote:
addie1412 wrote:Finally complete today! :mrgreen:


How long did it take? I'm currently pending completion but have all the check marks :lol:


I applied on 11/18 but had requested that completion be delayed pending my third LOR. Once I realized it was taking too long, I emailed them over Thanksgiving Break asking them to go ahead and just process it as complete without the letter. But then my third LOR came in last night, and I went complete today. So probably experienced more of a delay than you will.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 pm

addie1412 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
addie1412 wrote:Finally complete today! :mrgreen:


How long did it take? I'm currently pending completion but have all the check marks :lol:


I applied on 11/18 but had requested that completion be delayed pending my third LOR. Once I realized it was taking too long, I emailed them over Thanksgiving Break asking them to go ahead and just process it as complete without the letter. But then my third LOR came in last night, and I went complete today. So probably experienced more of a delay than you will.



I applied the same day you did :lol: Oh well. Maybe that means I'll be complete tomorrow or something.

anrf1225

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:19 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby anrf1225 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 pm

.
Last edited by anrf1225 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xela

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Xela » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:15 pm

For those of you who applied ED and got in, how did you receive your offer? Is it via email? If so, is the email address admit@law.columbia.edu?

combatboots33

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby combatboots33 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:36 am

Xela wrote:For those of you who applied ED and got in, how did you receive your offer? Is it via email? If so, is the email address admit@law.columbia.edu?


Yes, with a pdf of your admission letter! Got mine today for ED.

curry1

Silver
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:43 am

combatboots33 wrote:
Xela wrote:For those of you who applied ED and got in, how did you receive your offer? Is it via email? If so, is the email address admit@law.columbia.edu?


Yes, with a pdf of your admission letter! Got mine today for ED.


any details on when ASW is?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests