Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

It's decision szn... How are you holding up?

I'm freaking out
12
6%
I'm freaking out!
7
3%
I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!
17
8%
I. AM. FREAK-ING. OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
58
28%
Why did anyone ever give us status checkers? I can't stop looking at the stupid things!
36
17%
Eh.. I'm doing okay actually...
76
37%
 
Total votes: 206

premalone

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby premalone » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Just got an email that I was put on "reserve" until May? Is that the same as the waitlist??? Thanks.

Time stamp 3:50 pm EST (2 mins ago)

Exact wording: "We wish to inform you that, after careful deliberation, our Admissions Committee has

decided to postpone making a final decision on your candidacy, and we are placing your

application in our Reserve group."

With you on this. I was placed on the Reserve Group.


Also in the Reserve group.


Not sure what it means lol.


Same here. Not super surprising, but I wish I knew whether or not this was a waitlist.

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Just got put on reserve. Expected a ding. This makes my sixth waitlist this cycle.

Please, please Michigan. Don't make it a seventh. But also don't ding me.

AlexanderJordan

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AlexanderJordan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 pm

At least you all got Army Reserves. I have still not gotten anything since September...

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:03 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Just got an email that I was put on "reserve" until May? Is that the same as the waitlist??? Thanks.

Time stamp 3:50 pm EST (2 mins ago)

Exact wording: "We wish to inform you that, after careful deliberation, our Admissions Committee has

decided to postpone making a final decision on your candidacy, and we are placing your

application in our Reserve group."

With you on this. I was placed on the Reserve Group.


Also in the Reserve group.


Not sure what it means lol.


Oh it is their waitlist, they said it is better than the waitlist at other schools though lol. They don't put you on there for no reason or to hold you until they reject you. As spots fall they will pull from reserve. I read the second page of the letter they sent.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Went ahead and told them to keep me in the Reserve. It's CLS, so why the hell not ride it out til the wheels fall off?! lol

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Just got an email that I was put on "reserve" until May? Is that the same as the waitlist??? Thanks.

Time stamp 3:50 pm EST (2 mins ago)

Exact wording: "We wish to inform you that, after careful deliberation, our Admissions Committee has

decided to postpone making a final decision on your candidacy, and we are placing your

application in our Reserve group."

With you on this. I was placed on the Reserve Group.


Also in the Reserve group.


Not sure what it means lol.


Oh it is their waitlist, they said it is better than the waitlist at other schools though lol. They don't put you on there for no reason or to hold you until they reject you. As spots fall they will pull from reserve. I read the second page of the letter they sent.


WAIT. There was a second page?!

I didn't even notice it. I saw the signature at the bottom of the letter and assumed that was it lol

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Sorry to hear about the WLs! Can we expect any acceptances today still? Or is this the only wave?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm actually okay with this WL. After being dinged at NYU, I thought I was doomed here. A WL from CLS, though not ideal, gives me some hope lol. Will ride it out until the end of May and write a LOCI at some point (should this be done closer to when they intend to review our apps again or now?!). Definitely won't be staying on it if they try to reserve me again at the end of May though lol.

User avatar
rizzlebizness

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:32 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rizzlebizness » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Also received the Reserve letter today (NW also waitlisted me today so I'm feel great right now!), LSAT & GPA < Median, MA URM

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Just got an email that I was put on "reserve" until May? Is that the same as the waitlist??? Thanks.

Time stamp 3:50 pm EST (2 mins ago)

Exact wording: "We wish to inform you that, after careful deliberation, our Admissions Committee has

decided to postpone making a final decision on your candidacy, and we are placing your

application in our Reserve group."

With you on this. I was placed on the Reserve Group.


Also in the Reserve group.


Not sure what it means lol.


Oh it is their waitlist, they said it is better than the waitlist at other schools though lol. They don't put you on there for no reason or to hold you until they reject you. As spots fall they will pull from reserve. I read the second page of the letter they sent.


WAIT. There was a second page?!

I didn't even notice it. I saw the signature at the bottom of the letter and assumed that was it lol


LOL, it was the most optimistic sounding wait list I've ever gotten.

This is like my sixth waitlist doe. A wait list is pretty much the definition of "close but no cigar." I feel lukewarm.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Did anyone in this WL wave interview? And did anyone submit after the Dec scores?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Well, I'm happy like a pig in shit because, with my 158, I should have been an auto-ding.
Reserve Group, HALLELUJAH!

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 pm

mm2368 wrote:.


Wow that's amazing. Congrats on that!
Last edited by Assasindowntheavenue on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ad34964n » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Reserve and not even a little mad-- for sure thought I was an auto ding. Nice to know they read apps...

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 pm

brinicolec wrote:I'm actually okay with this WL. After being dinged at NYU, I thought I was doomed here. A WL from CLS, though not ideal, gives me some hope lol. Will ride it out until the end of May and write a LOCI at some point (should this be done closer to when they intend to review our apps again or now?!). Definitely won't be staying on it if they try to reserve me again at the end of May though lol.

Same shoes as you lol. NYU dinged me right after Columbia Reserve lol. I will send one near review time.

Wellthen

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Wellthen » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:21 pm

First waitlist of the cycle. End of May though? How does that work? Deposits are due long before then at other schools...

bosstweedfan

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bosstweedfan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Put on Reserve today as well. Any point in sending the LOCI soon, or is it smarter to wait?

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 pm

I leave for twenty minutes after waiting two weeks for any WL movement from here and it happens...

I didn't get a reserve email, looks like they were all sent at the same time...... There is a "hold" category correct?
Last edited by Keilz on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAqee9898

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MAqee9898 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Wellthen wrote:First waitlist of the cycle. End of May though? How does that work? Deposits are due long before then at other schools...



You put a deposit at another school and wait to hear back from Columbia. Ultimately, you will lose your deposit.

tsporl

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tsporl » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Actually super excited about being put on reserve with my LSAT score.. thought I would be auto ding!

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sittykitty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Wellthen wrote:First waitlist of the cycle. End of May though? How does that work? Deposits are due long before then at other schools...


You give up your deposit at the other schools. A friend of mine jumped from NYU to Columbia at the end of July off the waitlist --- $3000 down the drain.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Keilz wrote:I leave for twenty minutes after waiting two weeks for any WL movement from here and it happens...

I didn't get a reserve email, looks like they were all sent at the same time......I'm 169 median GPA. There is a "hold" category correct?


I'm in a similar position (170 but below median GPA) and didn't get a reserve email. Not sure if this is good or bad news for us

MadamSecretary

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MadamSecretary » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I'm actually okay with this WL. After being dinged at NYU, I thought I was doomed here. A WL from CLS, though not ideal, gives me some hope lol. Will ride it out until the end of May and write a LOCI at some point (should this be done closer to when they intend to review our apps again or now?!). Definitely won't be staying on it if they try to reserve me again at the end of May though lol.

Same shoes as you lol. NYU dinged me right after Columbia Reserve lol. I will send one near review time.


^Same... Columbia reserve and NYU ding five minutes after

legallychels20

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby legallychels20 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Just got the interview invite. Expected an auto ding. RIP me.

LSAT<25, 50<GPA<75, URM

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:28 pm

@ all my fellow Reserve folks: I just started a thread for us lol.

Edit: here's the link
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=274127
Last edited by brinicolec on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests