Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
0
No votes
Waitlisted
12
44%
Accepted
15
56%
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 27

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:24 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

criley01

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby criley01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:41 pm

On Day 10, but my status checker still says UR as of 11/7. Assuming this means I'll be a Day 11 decision?

EDIT/Update: Looks like my application might have slipped through the cracks. I never received an email after it went complete confirming that it was being reviewed under the Priority Track process, so I think they might be reviewing it under the normal process. Maybe because I submitted so soon after registering for Priority Track? V confused as to why it went under review so quickly, though (3 days after submitting) :/
Last edited by criley01 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:47 pm

zeglo wrote:
tskela wrote:should you write a 'why duke' if the main reasons it's your top choice have to do with being from the area/having all your family in the area? this info is readily available throughout the rest of my application


That's a good reason TO write one.

yes this is great reason to write one. this shows them that you have a good reason to accept their offer and they shouldn't YP you.

tskela

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tskela » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:06 pm

proteinshake wrote:
zeglo wrote:
tskela wrote:should you write a 'why duke' if the main reasons it's your top choice have to do with being from the area/having all your family in the area? this info is readily available throughout the rest of my application


That's a good reason TO write one.

yes this is great reason to write one. this shows them that you have a good reason to accept their offer and they shouldn't YP you.


Noted, thanks y'all

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:57 am

How do you go about getting a dean's cert for behavioral issues at school? I contacted our office of community standards and have not heard back.

aaron1621

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby aaron1621 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:07 am

When do you think RD decisions will start rolling in?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:12 am

UR2!

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 am

jjcorvino wrote:How do you go about getting a dean's cert for behavioral issues at school? I contacted our office of community standards and have not heard back.


I think that will depend on the school. My school has a form online that I just put in my basic info and they sent a letter from the dean's office basically saying "she's good to go, nothing to report." If you're still in the area of your school/in school, I would just go to the brick and mortar offices because it's much quicker than sending emails and waiting for replies.

mosunny

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:16 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mosunny » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:41 am

UR! Went complete on 11/14. They sent me an email for PT saying because of Thanksgiving it may take longer than ten days. Hoping this isn't true!!

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 pm

mosunny wrote:UR! Went complete on 11/14. They sent me an email for PT saying because of Thanksgiving it may take longer than ten days. Hoping this isn't true!!


Same here! I think most people have heard back on the 10th day though...which would be Thanksgiving AKA our decision would be delayed. We'll find out soon enough

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:26 pm

UR 11/14!

Best of luck to everyone else, and hopefully I'll see you on the other side!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:04 pm

jjcorvino wrote:How do you go about getting a dean's cert for behavioral issues at school? I contacted our office of community standards and have not heard back.


Depends on the school, but I had to really push the rope with my student affairs people.

Multiple calls/emails trying to get a clean Dean cert

GOODWORKSTE

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:17 pm

.
Last edited by GOODWORKSTE on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby somedeadman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Waitlisted

GPA: 3.68
LSAT: 169

Applied October 19th
Notified November 3rd
Last edited by somedeadman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cherrygalore

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cherrygalore » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:33 pm

somedeadman wrote:Waitlisted

GPA: 3.68
LSAT: 169

Applied October 19th


Really? I'm surprised you weren't accepted. Did you get PT?

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:33 pm

In today! PT. I'm a big fan of this PT thing.

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:In today! PT. I'm a big fan of this PT thing.


Congrats! When'd your app go "complete"? Mine went complete a couple of days ago.

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 pm

hammy393 wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:In today! PT. I'm a big fan of this PT thing.


Congrats! When'd your app go "complete"? Mine went complete a couple of days ago.


It went complete on the 7th so 9 days

GOODWORKSTE

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:In today! PT. I'm a big fan of this PT thing.


Are you going to go?

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby somedeadman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:08 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Waitlisted

GPA: 3.68
LSAT: 169

Applied October 19th


Really? I'm surprised you weren't accepted. Did you get PT?

Yup. Very disappointed. Duke was one of my top choices

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm

somedeadman wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Waitlisted

GPA: 3.68
LSAT: 169

Applied October 19th


Really? I'm surprised you weren't accepted. Did you get PT?

Yup. Very disappointed. Duke was one of my top choices

did you write a convincing why Duke? though I'm not sure how much it'd matter since you're not a YP candidate.
Last edited by proteinshake on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:27 pm

GOODWORKSTE wrote:ACCEPTED!

ACCELERATED ED!

SUBMITTED MONDAY NOV 7
ACCEPTED WEDNESDAY NOV 16

Top choice! I can't believe it.


Congrats!!

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby somedeadman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 am

proteinshake wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Waitlisted

GPA: 3.68
LSAT: 169

Applied October 19th


Really? I'm surprised you weren't accepted. Did you get PT?

Yup. Very disappointed. Duke was one of my top choices

did you write a convincing why Duke? though I'm not sure how much it'd matter since you're not a YP candidate.

I did write a why Duke; don't remember exactly what I said, but I believe it was about their clinics, collegial environment/smaller class size, and mission statement

apricots

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby apricots » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Decision made, waiting for email. >>75th LSAT, <<25th GPA. Straight to law school from undergrad.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:49 pm

apricots wrote:Decision made, waiting for email. >>75th LSAT, <<25th GPA. Straight to law school from undergrad.


PT or RD?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gobears18 and 7 guests