Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
0
No votes
Waitlisted
12
44%
Accepted
15
56%
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 pm

proteinshake wrote:SCHOLARSHIP MAILED 3/08 :!: :!: :!:

Ayyyyyyyy +1

User avatar
mtf612

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mtf612 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Just received my unsolicited Duke Law T-Shirt in the mail. Interview for scholly is next week, but being a total idiot I forgot about time zones. I wonder if I interview well at 7:30 in the morning :lol:

JRP1994

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JRP1994 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Does anyone know what Duke's seat deposit deadline is? I seem to have misplaced it in my notes and I can't find it online

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:37 pm

JRP1994 wrote:Does anyone know what Duke's seat deposit deadline is? I seem to have misplaced it in my notes and I can't find it online

April 21

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm thinking I'll get my letter Friday. As big as a fanboy that I've been, I better not be disappointed :lol:

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 pm

proteinshake wrote:I'm thinking I'll get my letter Friday. As big as a fanboy that I've been, I better not be disappointed :lol:

Rooting for you!!

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Is the scholarship letter sent through USPS or something like FedEx?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 pm

proteinshake wrote:I'm thinking I'll get my letter Friday. As big as a fanboy that I've been, I better not be disappointed :lol:


Fingers crossed for you!!

User avatar
SilverSurfer2020

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SilverSurfer2020 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Received my shirt in the mail today as well. That was a nice touch! I'm looking forward to attending the open house later this month.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 pm

pizzagoblin wrote:Is the scholarship letter sent through USPS or something like FedEx?


Mine came USPS first class mail

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 pm

proteinshake wrote:I'm thinking I'll get my letter Friday. As big as a fanboy that I've been, I better not be disappointed :lol:


Hope you crush it! Just curious what are you hoping for? If that's too personal I get it.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:I'm thinking I'll get my letter Friday. As big as a fanboy that I've been, I better not be disappointed :lol:


Hope you crush it! Just curious what are you hoping for? If that's too personal I get it.

PM'd!

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:53 am

convinced Duke lost my application...UR1 since 1/25 lolol

cavalier1139

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cavalier1139 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:23 am

musiclover123 wrote:convinced Duke lost my application...UR1 since 1/25 lolol


that's only 6 weeks.....

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Had my scholly interview earlier today.

Is it a good sign if the interview runs long? (It was scheduled for about 15-20 minutes IIRC, but it ran over 27.) Or do they ding you for talking too much?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:30 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:Had my scholly interview earlier today.

Is it a good sign if the interview runs long? (It was scheduled for about 15-20 minutes IIRC, but it ran over 27.) Or do they ding you for talking too much?


I don't think it's a bad sign. In general I think they pretty much know the number, and your interview would have to be amazing or terrible for anything to really change. Running 7 minutes over doesn't indicate either of those on its face

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:53 pm

cavalier1139 wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:convinced Duke lost my application...UR1 since 1/25 lolol


that's only 6 weeks.....


I submitted muchhhh earlier than that though...took a while to go UR1 as well

hoy456

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hoy456 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 pm

musiclover123 wrote:
cavalier1139 wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:convinced Duke lost my application...UR1 since 1/25 lolol


that's only 6 weeks.....


I submitted muchhhh earlier than that though...took a while to go UR1 as well


UR2 today, went UR1 on 1/23!

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:23 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

daydreamerxoxo

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby daydreamerxoxo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:26 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Had my scholly interview earlier today.

Is it a good sign if the interview runs long? (It was scheduled for about 15-20 minutes IIRC, but it ran over 27.) Or do they ding you for talking too much?


Did your interviewer say when you'd hear back? Mine said around the third week of March, but that's, like, next week already... I hope that's right, but I've been wondering if maybe my interviewer misspoke and actually meant the third week of April?


Mine said the same thing. I'm thinking she meant the third full week of March, so basically two weeks from now. She said the scholarship committee meets every week so that seems plausible to me.

Also, mine also ran almost a half hour!

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:03 pm

hoy456 wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:
cavalier1139 wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:convinced Duke lost my application...UR1 since 1/25 lolol


that's only 6 weeks.....


I submitted muchhhh earlier than that though...took a while to go UR1 as well


UR2 today, went UR1 on 1/23!


I actually just went UR2 as well! Sorry for complaining lololol

Sadnessandmisfortune

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sadnessandmisfortune » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm

daydreamerxoxo wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Had my scholly interview earlier today.

Is it a good sign if the interview runs long? (It was scheduled for about 15-20 minutes IIRC, but it ran over 27.) Or do they ding you for talking too much?


Did your interviewer say when you'd hear back? Mine said around the third week of March, but that's, like, next week already... I hope that's right, but I've been wondering if maybe my interviewer misspoke and actually meant the third week of April?


Mine said the same thing. I'm thinking she meant the third full week of March, so basically two weeks from now. She said the scholarship committee meets every week so that seems plausible to me.

Also, mine also ran almost a half hour!


My interview told me approximately three weeks. I interviewed March 1st, so I'm thinking we'll all be in the same wave. Also went half an hour

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:59 pm

so what kind of envelope does the scholly come in? I just ran from my mailbox to open what I thought was my offer but was just a very nice info packet :oops:

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2319
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm

proteinshake wrote:so what kind of envelope does the scholly come in? I just ran from my mailbox to open what I thought was my offer but was just a very nice info packet :oops:


It's an 8.5x11 white enveloep

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Keilz wrote:
proteinshake wrote:so what kind of envelope does the scholly come in? I just ran from my mailbox to open what I thought was my offer but was just a very nice info packet :oops:


It's an 8.5x11 white enveloep

is that a regular one? lol

nvm I googled it. does it come with anything else or just the letter?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 13 guests