Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
0
No votes
Waitlisted
12
44%
Accepted
15
56%
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 27

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AllHailKingMao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?

imtca

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby imtca » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:25 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?


I went UR2 on Saturday and was excited thinking a decision was coming, then I saw this lol

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?


Same here

User avatar
xinaii

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xinaii » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:33 pm

haley12 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?


Same here


+1

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:36 pm

xinaii wrote:
haley12 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?


Same here


+1


UR2 since jan. 30

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AllHailKingMao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
xinaii wrote:
haley12 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?


Same here


+1


UR2 since jan. 30


Well someone should update the "what to expect" thread so more people aren't given false hope and had their hearts broken.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:11 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
xinaii wrote:
haley12 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Wellthen wrote:UR2 for two weeks now - I was prepared to not hear from Duke until way late in the game, but then they got my hopes up with that date change. Anyone else wait this long after going UR2?


I've been UR2 since the first week of Feb and have no clue what's going on either :?


Same here


+1


UR2 since jan. 30


Well someone should update the "what to expect" thread so more people aren't given false hope and had their hearts broken.


I'm guessing you're looking at the PT what to expect

User avatar
speedofthought

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby speedofthought » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 pm

I had my scholly interview during the first week of February, so I was hoping to see my status checker change today to reflect my scholarship mailing. No dice. Did anyone see their status checker change today to reflect a scholarship letter?

Maybe I need to wait until next week, or maybe they are just updating a bit late this week...

User avatar
SilverSurfer2020

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SilverSurfer2020 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but is there a consensus on average annual (or 9 month) cost of living in Durham?

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:47 pm

speedofthought wrote:I had my scholly interview during the first week of February, so I was hoping to see my status checker change today to reflect my scholarship mailing. No dice. Did anyone see their status checker change today to reflect a scholarship letter?

Maybe I need to wait until next week, or maybe they are just updating a bit late this week...


From my understanding, the mailings usually update on Tuesdays. So look tomorrow, maybe?

User avatar
speedofthought

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby speedofthought » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 pm

pizzagoblin wrote:
speedofthought wrote:I had my scholly interview during the first week of February, so I was hoping to see my status checker change today to reflect my scholarship mailing. No dice. Did anyone see their status checker change today to reflect a scholarship letter?

Maybe I need to wait until next week, or maybe they are just updating a bit late this week...


From my understanding, the mailings usually update on Tuesdays. So look tomorrow, maybe?


My bad then. I had it in my head that it was a Monday status checker update.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 pm

SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but is there a consensus on average annual (or 9 month) cost of living in Durham?

I plan on living like a pauper, and I estimate myself at around 13k CoL in Durham

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm

chargers21 wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but is there a consensus on average annual (or 9 month) cost of living in Durham?

I plan on living like a pauper, and I estimate myself at around 13k CoL in Durham

if we're talking rent, it's gonna be 500-1000 a month depending on how many roommates you want (closer to 500 if you want 2-3 mates, closer to 1000 if by yourself). so I'd say much lower than 13K.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:18 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but is there a consensus on average annual (or 9 month) cost of living in Durham?

I plan on living like a pauper, and I estimate myself at around 13k CoL in Durham

if we're talking rent, it's gonna be 500-1000 a month depending on how many roommates you want (closer to 500 if you want 2-3 mates, closer to 1000 if by yourself). so I'd say much lower than 13K.

Food, rent, utilities. I found some affordable single apartments that are only a 30 minutes walk from the law school, so I'm going to pick up biking

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:19 pm

.
Last edited by addie1412 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 pm

.
Last edited by proteinshake on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:28 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but is there a consensus on average annual (or 9 month) cost of living in Durham?

I plan on living like a pauper, and I estimate myself at around 13k CoL in Durham

if we're talking rent, it's gonna be 500-1000 a month depending on how many roommates you want (closer to 500 if you want 2-3 mates, closer to 1000 if by yourself). so I'd say much lower than 13K.

Food, rent, utilities. I found some affordable single apartments that are only a 30 minutes walk from the law school, so I'm going to pick up biking
.

I never had roommates in UG so I feel like 1L isn't a good time to get them. I'm not great at focusing when other people are around me. My intitial estimate is at the high range of my predictions, but 550-600 a month for a single is doable around the campus, isn't it?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:34 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but is there a consensus on average annual (or 9 month) cost of living in Durham?

I plan on living like a pauper, and I estimate myself at around 13k CoL in Durham

if we're talking rent, it's gonna be 500-1000 a month depending on how many roommates you want (closer to 500 if you want 2-3 mates, closer to 1000 if by yourself). so I'd say much lower than 13K.

Food, rent, utilities. I found some affordable single apartments that are only a 30 minutes walk from the law school, so I'm going to pick up biking
.

I never had roommates in UG so I feel like 1L isn't a good time to get them. I'm not great at focusing when other people are around me. My intitial estimate is at the high range of my predictions, but 550-600 a month for a single is doable around the campus, isn't it?

no way. the cheapest I could imagine a single being is $800-850.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 pm

UR2 as of today. It's my first movement in awhile, so I'll take it.

GOODWORKSTE

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 am

Got my letter today. #blessed I got something

mathaddict

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mathaddict » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm

speedofthought wrote:I had my scholly interview during the first week of February, so I was hoping to see my status checker change today to reflect my scholarship mailing. No dice. Did anyone see their status checker change today to reflect a scholarship letter?

Maybe I need to wait until next week, or maybe they are just updating a bit late this week...


Interviewed 2/2, no change.

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

It's been about a month since they PR'd me. Time for a second LOCI I guess? I'm really interested in Duke, but I really don't know what else to tell them that isn't on my Why Duke and first LOCI.

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Really thought my scholly letter would be mailed today. Le sigh.

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:40 pm

pizzagoblin wrote:Really thought my scholly letter would be mailed today. Le sigh.


+1. Interviewed end of January. Soon hopefully...

User avatar
batlaw

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby batlaw » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 pm

I think being RD at Duke amidst the sea of PT people is getting to me.
Last edited by batlaw on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests