Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
0
No votes
Waitlisted
12
44%
Accepted
15
56%
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 27

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 pm

anrf1225 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:In other news, I guess we can't anticipate scholarship information to be released weekly :/


my mailings section just updated today to scholarship info mailed, so maybe it is weekly?


mine also updated saying it's been mailed, but my status date never went blank so apparently that doesn't happen for everyone

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:04 pm

anrf1225 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:In other news, I guess we can't anticipate scholarship information to be released weekly :/


my mailings section just updated today to scholarship info mailed, so maybe it is weekly?


Mine updated today as well. Interviewed Jan. 19 and submitted aid forms Jan. 23

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:13 pm

My decision was mailed today as well. 1/23 interview.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Welp, guess it's just me who didn't update. Makes sense, everybody seems to have finished by the 23. I interviewed on the 26th so I'm hoping I'm on the wave next week

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Finally got my scholarship letter in the mail. Very pleased. Barring a wild turn of events, I will most likely be attending in the fall. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Finally got my scholarship letter in the mail. Very pleased. Barring a wild turn of events, I will most likely be attending in the fall. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

congrats!

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:55 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Finally got my scholarship letter in the mail. Very pleased. Barring a wild turn of events, I will most likely be attending in the fall. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

congrats!


Thank you!!

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:04 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOODWORKSTE

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Welp, guess it's just me who didn't update. Makes sense, everybody seems to have finished by the 23. I interviewed on the 26th so I'm hoping I'm on the wave next week


interviewed on the 24th and still nothing :(

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:12 pm

TexasENG wrote:Just got my letter. Pretty disappointed. I feel like not doing the CSS probably hurt. Will probably try to negotiate but looks like Durham is pretty unlikely for me. Good luck to everyone still waiting

nooooo :( sorry to hear that.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:23 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Went UR2 today (non PT). Does this mean I should hope to have a decision by the end of the week? :) >both 75ths.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 pm

bearedman8 wrote:Went UR2 today (non PT). Does this mean I should hope to have a decision by the end of the week? :) >both 75ths.

I went UR2 on Sunday and got the acceptance email a day later.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:36 pm

TexasENG wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Just got my letter. Pretty disappointed. I feel like not doing the CSS probably hurt. Will probably try to negotiate but looks like Durham is pretty unlikely for me. Good luck to everyone still waiting

nooooo :( sorry to hear that.


I was really surprised by the offer. The scholarship process seems like a crapshoot so it's really hard to guage what your offer might be. I realize Duke spreads their money a little more widely than other schools,but was kind of basing my expectations on similar ranked schools offers. Im fortunate enough to have some solid options though so I'll take the L here.

I think Duke is very willing to negotiate so hopefully you can bump up their offer!

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:45 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:Went UR2 today (non PT). Does this mean I should hope to have a decision by the end of the week? :) >both 75ths.

I went UR2 on Sunday and got the acceptance email a day later.


That's really good to hear! I applied to the entire T14 in the first week of January and haven't back from a single one of them yet. :'( Lol I'm dying for a decision!

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:49 pm

bearedman8 wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:Went UR2 today (non PT). Does this mean I should hope to have a decision by the end of the week? :) >both 75ths.

I went UR2 on Sunday and got the acceptance email a day later.


That's really good to hear! I applied to the entire T14 in the first week of January and haven't back from a single one of them yet. :'( Lol I'm dying for a decision!

A few hours before the email, your status checker will change to "Current Status: Decision made; watch for email." Good luck, almost there!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Scholly letter sent! I can't wait!

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Received my letter and was awarded 15k less than what Cornell and Michigan offered me. Based on this and my savings, Duke would require me to take out $20K more in loans than Cornell and $40K more than Michigan. Dukes tuition is really high, 59K

My math might be wrong bc I'm on my phone in a waiting room but it's definitely most expensive. There's no big COA discount as mentioned above
Last edited by Keilz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:Received my letter and was awarded 15k less than what Cornell and Michigan offered me. Based on this and my savings, Duke would require me to take out $20K more in loans than Cornell and $40K more than Michigan. Dukes tuition is really high, 59K


Given how much they push their COA, being relatively low I was surprised when I looked at Michigan and Duke's COA calcs for loans and Michigan is actually like ~5k a year lower for out of state than Duke.


Yes exactly!

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:41 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:43 pm

.
Last edited by proteinshake on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 pm

TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:Received my letter and was awarded 15k less than what Cornell and Michigan offered me. Based on this and my savings, Duke would require me to take out $20K more in loans than Cornell and $40K more than Michigan. Dukes tuition is really high, 59K


Given how much they push their COA, being relatively low I was surprised when I looked at Michigan and Duke's COA calcs for loans and Michigan is actually like ~5k a year lower for out of state than Duke.


Yes exactly!


I'm thinking I need to find where I stored all my winter clothes lol


Yes I'll need to buy a parka! UNLESS we hear back from NYU then I've got all my clothes. Also hoping that the great unknown inaugural Berkeley scholarship awards tomorrow are more exciting.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:Received my letter and was awarded 15k less than what Cornell and Michigan offered me. Based on this and my savings, Duke would require me to take out $20K more in loans than Cornell and $40K more than Michigan. Dukes tuition is really high, 59K


Given how much they push their COA, being relatively low I was surprised when I looked at Michigan and Duke's COA calcs for loans and Michigan is actually like ~5k a year lower for out of state than Duke.

Edit: Just pulled it

Duke estimated COA for a year $83,751
Michigan estimated COA for a year (OOS) $77,114 !

I'm kinda skeptical of that difference since Duke's tuition is only $700 higher and the rent is only a bit over half that of Michigan.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:59 pm

proteinshake wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:Received my letter and was awarded 15k less than what Cornell and Michigan offered me. Based on this and my savings, Duke would require me to take out $20K more in loans than Cornell and $40K more than Michigan. Dukes tuition is really high, 59K


Given how much they push their COA, being relatively low I was surprised when I looked at Michigan and Duke's COA calcs for loans and Michigan is actually like ~5k a year lower for out of state than Duke.

Edit: Just pulled it

Duke estimated COA for a year $83,751
Michigan estimated COA for a year (OOS) $77,114 !

I'm kinda skeptical of that difference since Duke's tuition is only $700 higher and the rent is only a bit over half that of Michigan.


Wow texaseng we are on the same wave length I just came to post the info. These are both 16-17 numbers. Duke estimates room board to be 13.3, Michigan to be 14.2. HOWEVER michigans does not include health insurance but Duke does (2.5k)

There needs to be a new thread that compares all the schools



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests