Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
0
No votes
Waitlisted
12
44%
Accepted
15
56%
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Got my scholly interview in mere minutes. Any parting words of wisdom?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Sarastro wrote:Got my scholly interview in mere minutes. Any parting words of wisdom?


How'd it go? Sorry I was too late but I would have just told you it was really casual anyway

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:48 pm

My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:55 pm

time for this Duke-UNC game :P

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:22 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?


Mine's said that ever since I went UR1 (through PT) and it still says that even tho I was admitted back in Nov! So I honestly don't know what it signifies but I wouldn't be too worried since it doesn't seem out of the ordinary!

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Sarastro wrote:Got my scholly interview in mere minutes. Any parting words of wisdom?


How'd it go? Sorry I was too late but I would have just told you it was really casual anyway

Ya, what everyone said in the thread was pretty applicable. It went a little longer, maybe 20/25 minutes. I think I rambled a bit, but we'll find out in ~3 weeks according to him.

User avatar
dwall1121

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:55 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dwall1121 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Sarastro wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Sarastro wrote:Got my scholly interview in mere minutes. Any parting words of wisdom?


How'd it go? Sorry I was too late but I would have just told you it was really casual anyway

Ya, what everyone said in the thread was pretty applicable. It went a little longer, maybe 20/25 minutes. I think I rambled a bit, but we'll find out in ~3 weeks according to him.


can you give some insight on what type of questions they ask? is it similar to normal admissions style interviews or nah

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:46 pm

dwall1121 wrote:
people wrote:things

can you give some insight on what type of questions they ask? is it similar to normal admissions style interviews or nah

Pretty similar to OP. PM'd you.

User avatar
Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Sarastro wrote:
dwall1121 wrote:
people wrote:things

can you give some insight on what type of questions they ask? is it similar to normal admissions style interviews or nah

Pretty similar to OP. PM'd you.



Would also love a PM if you don't mind

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
dwall1121 wrote:
people wrote:things

can you give some insight on what type of questions they ask? is it similar to normal admissions style interviews or nah

Pretty similar to OP. PM'd you.



Would also love a PM if you don't mind

Done

nicola27

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nicola27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:42 am

studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?

+1 UR2 as of yesterday (2/9) and my message up top also changed to the same thing. It used to be something along the lines of "your application will go under review several times" and something about this being a rigorous process, if I'm remembering correctly...

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 am

nicola27 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?

+1 UR2 as of yesterday (2/9) and my message up top also changed to the same thing. It used to be something along the lines of "your application will go under review several times" and something about this being a rigorous process, if I'm remembering correctly...


I got the same screen 2/2 and haven't heard anything since. I'm leaning towards this meaning a good deal more waiting :x

nicola27

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nicola27 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:56 am

RParadela wrote:
nicola27 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?

+1 UR2 as of yesterday (2/9) and my message up top also changed to the same thing. It used to be something along the lines of "your application will go under review several times" and something about this being a rigorous process, if I'm remembering correctly...


I got the same screen 2/2 and haven't heard anything since. I'm leaning towards this meaning a good deal more waiting :x

I've resigned myself to the same line of thinking... :(

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:00 am

Sending good vibes to all those with mailed scholarship letters. Hope you guys get good news in your mailbox today!

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:02 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Sending good vibes to all those with mailed scholarship letters. Hope you guys get good news in your mailbox today!


Thanks!!

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 am

studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?


FWIW, mine says this too and I was accepted via PT back in December.

texcellence

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texcellence » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:22 am

.
Last edited by texcellence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:25 am

texcellence wrote:am I effed for scholly $$$ if it took my parents a month to get me their tax info to turn in my app and the next interview isn't until a month from now? :(


It'll take a while, but there will still be money for you

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:43 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
texcellence wrote:am I effed for scholly $$$ if it took my parents a month to get me their tax info to turn in my app and the next interview isn't until a month from now? :(


It'll take a while, but there will still be money for you

yeah I read somewhere that its not disadvantageous to interview later at Duke because their scholarship money doesn't work the same way or something. that being said, I'd check back into the interview portal often just to see if an earlier spot clears up!

texcellence

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texcellence » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:09 pm

.
Last edited by texcellence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:41 pm

nicola27 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?

+1 UR2 as of yesterday (2/9) and my message up top also changed to the same thing. It used to be something along the lines of "your application will go under review several times" and something about this being a rigorous process, if I'm remembering correctly...



I went UR2 on 2/6 and four days later still no notification.. Does this mean we will go for UR3?

User avatar
shehulk16

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shehulk16 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:48 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:
nicola27 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:My application just went UR2 or UR3, idk, and the message changed to "We appreciate your continued interest in Duke Law School.
If you would like to submit additional/updated material, feel free to do so by email (admissions@law.duke.edu) or U.S. postal mail." Any ideas if this might mean more waiting instead of a decision soon?

+1 UR2 as of yesterday (2/9) and my message up top also changed to the same thing. It used to be something along the lines of "your application will go under review several times" and something about this being a rigorous process, if I'm remembering correctly...



I went UR2 on 2/6 and four days later still no notification.. Does this mean we will go for UR3?



I have the same message and I was waitlisted yesterday.

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Scholarship letter didn't come today :roll:

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Scholarship letter didn't come today :roll:


Oh no. That means I should temper my expectations so I'm not too disappointed when I get home.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Scholarship letter didn't come today :roll:


nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests